Post a reply

Re: Premier League 2012: 16th of August (Skegness)

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:trump: "half the tournaments should be fast"

i can hear the howls from the snooker island on that little comment. :chuckle:

I think we should give that comment the lack of attention it deserves.

Postby simplysnooker

Some great snooker last night to kick off the new season. Not too sure on Murphy's new barnet, think Ding deserved the win though. Murphy will be up there at the end of the season though. Trump absolutely steamrolled Lee, if only Lee would have taken frame balls in frames 1 and 3 it could have been completely different. From last night's performance it appears that Judd is up for this and fancies his chances of winning now that Ronnie isn't there.

Looking forward to week 2 in 3 weeks!

Premier League 2012: 6th of September (Staffs)

Postby Wildey

After the First Matches in each Group Ding Junhui and Judd Trump leads the way in their respective Groups.

Week 2 sees Peter Ebdon making his Shot Clock Debut in the League playing Stephen Lee playing his second Match Following his defeat against World No 2 Judd Trump in Week 1

The other Match is World No 1 Mark Selby v Former World Champion Neil Robertson.

Group A

Mark Selby
Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui
Stuart Bingham

Group Results & Table

Group B

Judd Trump
John Higgins
Stephen Lee
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon

Group Results & Table

Group B Stephen Lee 1-5 Peter Ebdon
Group A Mark Selby 1-5 Neil Robertson

2012 Dates

Postby Andy Spark

Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Mike Hallet saying Ronnie won the World Title 3 times... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

told you Out of sight you forget about them Ronnie no different <ok>

That is not true, until last night I hadn't seen Mike for months but I could still vividly recall what rubbish he came out with, "cross doubles" and the like. He called Ding Junhui "Judd" twice and then said Ronnie had won the World Championship three times, all three mistakes in the space of a mere 15 seconds! Andy Goldstein must have been wondering what on earth this blabbering idiot was going to say next. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a "Stephen Williams" in Mike Hallett's mind that's one the world title five and a half times in China.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Mike Hallet saying Ronnie won the World Title 3 times... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

told you Out of sight you forget about them Ronnie no different <ok>

That is not true, until last night I hadn't seen Mike for months but I could still vividly recall what rubbish he came out with, "cross doubles" and the like. He called Ding Junhui "Judd" twice and then said Ronnie had won the World Championship three times, all three mistakes in the space of a mere 15 seconds! Andy Goldstein must have been wondering what on earth this blabbering idiot was going to say next. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a "Stephen Williams" in Mike Hallett's mind that's one the world title five and a half times in China.

no Andy wouldn't mind hes a boneheaded idiot as it is <ok>

Re: Premier League 2012: 6th of September (Staffs)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Am I being my usual dozy self, or is there only an hour of this being shown on Sky Sports on Thursday? Does that mean it'll be on the Red Button?

just checked listings and the Live Coverage is at 10pm on Thursday 2 and a half hours after the matches start.

all it deserves TBH <ok>

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.dk/

Players has a Lot to answer for in this sport
I’m told that at the end of the last contract, two WPBSA board members went to a meeting with Sky Sports executives hoping to renew. They were presented with newspaper cuttings in which players were generally reported to be dismissing the Scottish event as unimportant with the Crucible coming up.

Sky’s response was basically ‘then why should we show it?’

And they didn’t and haven’t shown a ranking event since.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Am I being my usual dozy self, or is there only an hour of this being shown on Sky Sports on Thursday? Does that mean it'll be on the Red Button?

just checked listings and the Live Coverage is at 10pm on Thursday 2 and a half hours after the matches start.

all it deserves TBH <ok>

I hope the semi-finals are on in their entirety, me and a friend are playing to book a table in a local sports bar and down some bevvies whilst it's on. :mex:

Postby Wildey

a guy on TSF said this

Gerry Armstrong wrote:IMHO, as a now ex but long time Sky employee, Sky Sports would take the Snooker World Championships and show it on Sky Sports in a heartbeat if it was available to them to show "Exclusively". That is Sky's MO i.e. Exclusive Coverage.

If it's not Exclusive coverage of the big events they're just not interested.

Gerry Armstrong wrote:if the major events were available for Sky to broadcast i.e. the WC's, The UK and the Masters then Sky would cover them.

They're not interested in the rest if they can't have the big events, and that decision is a World Snooker decision, nothing to do with Barney Francis.

it seems that while Eurosport is involved SKY Wont entertain it anyway I Can Live with that Eurosport is more essential to snooker than Sky will ever be.

Last season Liveworldsnooker.TV Carried coverage of the PL in to Europe Then all of a sudden it stopped Probably because Sky said so.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:a guy on TSF said this

Gerry Armstrong wrote:IMHO, as a now ex but long time Sky employee, Sky Sports would take the Snooker World Championships and show it on Sky Sports in a heartbeat if it was available to them to show "Exclusively". That is Sky's MO i.e. Exclusive Coverage.

If it's not Exclusive coverage of the big events they're just not interested.

Gerry Armstrong wrote:if the major events were available for Sky to broadcast i.e. the WC's, The UK and the Masters then Sky would cover them.

They're not interested in the rest if they can't have the big events, and that decision is a World Snooker decision, nothing to do with Barney Francis.

it seems that while Eurosport is involved SKY Wont entertain it anyway I Can Live with that Eurosport is more essential to snooker than Sky will ever be.

Last season Liveworldsnooker.TV Carried coverage of the PL in to Europe Then all of a sudden it stopped Probably because Sky said so.

I'd agree with that. Sky Sports may present a more professional product than Eurosport, but Eurosport spreads the sport across Europe. The growth of interest on the continent is almost purely down to Eurosport coverage.

Postby Andre147

Snooker now on the red button then.... crap... no Fromsport stream either.. :td: :td: :td: I'll stick to the live scoring and watch highlights of it later at 10 p.m if in the meantime Fromsport doesnt stream it

Postby Andre147

N_Castle07 wrote:How the hell do I get this on skyplus interactive??? I've pressed the red button on sky sports 1 HD but can't find it on the menu. Is anybody watching?

The snooker is on Sky Sports 4 HD red button I reckon... that's what it says on their website anyway

Postby Andre147

Fromsport stream is in chinese from CCTV... but it keeps showing the damn same thing over and over again... better not watch it at all if it isnt from the red button stream

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:anyone has a stream? :sad:
i even got an account from bugmenot to bet365 and it looks like theres no stream.. but theres 140 dollars :happy:

I'm watching it on CCTV5 (chinese channel).. better than nothing I suppose..

2 nil to Ebdon... coping well with the shot clock so far

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:
i even got an account from bugmenot to bet365 and it looks like theres no stream.. but theres 140 dollars :happy:

where? can you give me a link?

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

download the tvu player on tvu networks website and it should work

Then select the CCTV5 channel

Postby Andre147

Didn't know that chinese channels had the rights to also broadcast the Premier League... thought only Sky and betting websites had it, but there you go..

Postby Skullman

Just got in. Any streams? I found the CCTV5 one but it seems to be the first frame. Also, looks like Ebdon's doing well with the shot clock, and I guess Lee's probably not going make finals weekend then.

Edit: Nevermind found one.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just got in. Any streams? I found the CCTV5 one but it seems to be the first frame. Also, looks like Ebdon's doing well with the shot clock, and I guess Lee's probably not going make finals weekend then.

Yes the fromsport one is crap, it is STILL in the 1st frame I reckon... I'm watching it via tvu player, cctv5 channel.

Yeah he is playing pretty well, made a tremendous 83 clearance there to lead 4-1... yeah Lee under the cosh, but he can still make the finals if he wins his next matches

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:
kolompar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

download the tvu player on tvu networks website and it should work

Then select the CCTV5 channel

thanks
good chinese broadcast it, then eurosport should too

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just got in. Any streams? I found the CCTV5 one but it seems to be the first frame. Also, looks like Ebdon's doing well with the shot clock, and I guess Lee's probably not going make finals weekend then.

Yes the fromsport one is crap, it is STILL in the 1st frame I reckon... I'm watching it via tvu player, cctv5 channel.

Yeah he is playing pretty well, made a tremendous 83 clearance there to lead 4-1... yeah Lee under the cosh, but he can still make the finals if he wins his next matches

Thanks. Hopefully another fromsport stream with stuff from Sky Sports will appear at ten.

Does anyone know the scoring system for the league? Is it one point for a draw and three for a win?