Post a reply

Re: Premier League 2012 Discussion!!!

Postby Skullman

Higgins gets at least a point from tonight and looking good for a spot in the final as he has Ebdon for his last match, while only one of Judd and Allen can win their last match.

Postby Monique

You are right.
But Trump winning the last means he's now in perfect tie with Allen, same points, same frame difference. So it will be all about their match for the second spot in the play-offs and the first one on 3 points gets it.

Postby Skullman

Is that confirmed then? If it's a draw whoever got to three first wins?

Anyway, Bingo starts well with a ton, high break as well.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Is that confirmed then? If it's a draw whoever got to three first wins?

Anyway, Bingo starts well with a ton, high break as well.

yeah, already an impressive 3 tons this evening... already a lucrative one, and it could prove even more as we're only in the 2nd frame... superb stuff from him

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:
Skullman wrote:Is that confirmed then? If it's a draw whoever got to three first wins?

Yes.

then I reckon it will be the most interesting match... at least in terms of to see who qualifies for the semis..

Postby Skullman

Nine frames in a row tonight, at least £12,000 and guaranteed a place in the play offs now, with the £12,500 that comes with it.

Nice night's work for Stuart.

Postby Andre147

Robbo trails 3 nil :shrug: he had the frame at his mercy though... but, when Bingham already needed a snooker, Robbo decided to play a harder black to get the century, instead of taking an easy pink, missed the black and then Bigham duly got the snooker he needed and won the frame..

That's 9 out of 9 frames won tonight... alreaady secured in the semis now

Postby PLtheRef

As Matt said if Stuart wins 5-1 tonight then the Ding v Robertson match becomes a straight shootout for who qualifies given both would be dead level

Postby Andre147

:bowdown: :hatoff: :D Another ton for Bimgham :D that's 4 tonight.... and he's now won 10 frames out of 10... whi knows... could record his 2nd straight withwash... superb stuff from him

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
alfie burden ‏@ABOFLONDON

If premier league snooker was only thing on box would put the radio on saying that well done @stuart_bingham good guy

what a hammer

id love to ram that comment down his throat if by some freak of nature he fluked a ranking tournament win and was invited along :irk:

Postby Andre147

Bimgham races into a 5 nil lead... 11 out of 11 frames won... can he win another and record his 2nd whitewash? and, along the way, I reckon force Robbo to win against Ding to reach the semis

Postby Skullman

No ton in the last frame, but two whitewashes today. Doubt it's ever been done in the PL.

Plus this means that Robbo needs a win against Ding to qualify, like Andre said.

Postby Andre147

Even though it's only the Premier League event, it is still an amazing achievment to win 2 straight matches on the same night by 6 nil scorelines, and especially given the fact he had 4 tons, almost 5, missing on 92 in the last frame..... that is still difficult to achieve under any format.

But, unlike Goldstein said, it isn't the form of his life, as that was when he won in Australia last season... and also, might give him some confidence for the International Champs, but again that means nothing as it is a different format and he could easily lose first round there...

Postby Roland

Yeah I've seen him play like that many times but I'm chuffed he's getting the recognition he deserves because he's a great fluent break builder when on his game. Next thing is people will start to call him an underachiever.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Yeah I've seen him play like that many times but I'm chuffed he's getting the recognition he deserves because he's a great fluent break builder when on his game. Next thing is people will start to call him an underachiever.

I've always known him as a decent breakbuilder, but I don't like him as a player, and don't think I ever will, similar to the dislike I have for Holt. But I recognize when a player is playing this good, and, like him or not, we have to give praise when the players deserve it, and tonight Bingham fully deserved it.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Even though it's only the Premier League event, it is still an amazing achievment to win 2 straight matches on the same night by 6 nil scorelines, and especially given the fact he had 4 tons, almost 5, missing on 92 in the last frame..... that is still difficult to achieve under any format.

But, unlike Goldstein said, it isn't the form of his life, as that was when he won in Australia last season... and also, might give him some confidence for the International Champs, but again that means nothing as it is a different format and he could easily lose first round there...

I suppose the match practice is handy but players are going to approach this differently to any of the main rankers or PTCs even. In the international, and any other tournament you play a best of format, tonight, Stuart knew he was going to be playing 12 frames of snooker regardless of whether he won both as he did 6-0 or whether he got two 3-3 draws. In the international, soon as he, or his opponent reaches six, then that's the end of it, so he could be on the table for six frames, or he could be on for 11.

Postby Andre147

I certainly won't be one of those calling him an underachiever, and that concept really varies from player to player. If we want to be brutally honest, almost all players can be called underachievers, as in some time or another in their careers they had good chances to win titles.

Never mind that... the only player I could call an underachiever is Mattew Stevens and Jimmy White, as both had great chances to win more titles, especially Jimmy in those 6 World Finals.

And I stop here, don't want to trun this into a discussion of who should have won more titles in their careers

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Even though it's only the Premier League event, it is still an amazing achievment to win 2 straight matches on the same night by 6 nil scorelines, and especially given the fact he had 4 tons, almost 5, missing on 92 in the last frame..... that is still difficult to achieve under any format.

I suppose the match practice is handy but players are going to approach this differently to any of the main rankers or PTCs even. In the international, and any other tournament you play a best of format, tonight, Stuart knew he was going to be playing 12 frames of snooker regardless of whether he won both as he did 6-0 or whether he got two 3-3 draws. In the international, soon as he, or his opponent reaches six, then that's the end of it, so he could be on the table for six frames, or he could be on for 11.

Yeah I agree... We can't really judge this performance and say he'll do well in the IC.. it all depends on the day, opponent, frame of mind, etc... But it certainly is good match practice against top players that's for sure.

Postby Wildey

Almost Forgot about this Thing

Tonight its a Nothing match neither Selby or Murphy can Qualify for the play offs and in the other Match its a straight Knockout between Trump and Allen However a Draw would mean who ever reached 3 frames first would go through Because they are Even on Points,Frames won,Frames Lost and obviously Frame difference.

Basicly its a Best of 5 Frame Match Between Trump and Allen

Order of Play

7.30pm
Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy

Approx 9pm
Judd Trump v Mark Allen

Postby Skullman

Well maybe Smurph and Selby can relax a bit more and try and play some exhibtion stuff if the winner of their match is irrelevant. I've always wondered how Selby would play in an exhibition :chin:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Well maybe Smurph and Selby can relax a bit more and try and play some exhibtion stuff if the winner of their match is irrelevant. I've always wondered how Selby would play in an exhibition :chin:

:chuckle: :john: :chuckle: