Post a reply

Who deserves the wildcard (in order of world ranking)

Mark Williams
5%
Stephen Maguire
23%
John Higgins
7%
Shaun Murphy
12%
Matthew Stevens
No votes
Graeme Dott
No votes
Martin Gould
No votes
Ricky Walden
No votes
Ali Carter
14%
Stephen Hendry
5%
Jamie Jones
14%
Ryan Day
No votes
Liang Wenbo
5%
Jimmy White
No votes
David Gilbert
No votes
Luca Brecel
12%
other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 43

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan 2012 World Champion

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't think Ronnie will take an exact 6 month break. I assume he will back to play in the Premier League (By the way who gets the last spot after Ronnie is now WC?). There are 6 ranking events outside Europe (Wuxi, International, Australia, Shanghai, World, China) and I think he will go 2 times to China but skip the rest. I pretty sure he will defend his title in Germany and go to Wales, I don't know about the PTC finals, probably not. I guess Ronnie will play in a couple of the PTC, but primarily in the UK ones.

Like every year, his main goal will be to win at least one of the 3 majors and especially trying to defend the World Crown.

John Higgins will get the last WC for the PL....

Premier League Poll - Who Should Get The Wildcard?

Postby Roland

With one of the confirmed entrants winning the World Championship i.e. Ronnie O'Sullivan, this leaves the door open for a wildcard. So who should get it? The poll is listed in order of end of season world ranking and contains all top 16 players and a selection of others. You each have 2 votes.

Re: Premier League Poll - Who Should Get The Wildcard?

Postby Roland

Ones I left out as I think they have no hope of getting it:

Mark Davis
Barry Hawkins
Dominic Dale
Joe Perry
Marcus Campbell
Tom Ford
Jamie Cope
Marco Fu
Mark King
Anthony Hamilton

and that's the top 32

Postby Alex0paul

I think Hendry would be a good shout to draw in the crowds as it will probably be the last chance they'd get to see him play. However I couldn't see him accepting it.

Postby Roland

I just had a thought - Alex Pagalayan the ex-9 ball world pool champ and current Canadian snooker champ who has accepted a wildcard invitation. He would be great in the Premier League.

Postby Corneeto

It would be great if Hendry was offered and accepted.

But.. he quit because he wasn't happy with his game and it's a demanding schedule for someone who now has commitments in China... we're going to have to let him go.. he's made his decision. At least he went out with a bit of a run and with his dignity (the tournament as a whole)

Postby Sickpotter

Sonny wrote:I just had a thought - Alex Pagalayan the ex-9 ball world pool champ and current Canadian snooker champ who has accepted a wildcard invitation. He would be great in the Premier League.

:mosh2:

I really think Alex would shock the heck out of a lot of top players. Soooo much pressure match experience he wouldn't need the usual seasoning expected of most pros before producing some good results. <ok>

Postby Wildey

my vote goes to

Stephen Maguire because he has been in 2 ranking finals and a World semi final

Luca Brecel because well lets build up his confidence and give him opertunity on Live TV infront of a Big crowd

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I think he's going to take a lot of people by surprise as to how good he really is.

i cant see him being any better than Figuerido to be honest

though the Igor situation is really annoying as i feel,. had he had financial backing, he would have kicked on and done well this, er last season

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I think he's going to take a lot of people by surprise as to how good he really is.

i cant see him being any better than Figuerido to be honest

though the Igor situation is really annoying as i feel,. had he had financial backing, he would have kicked on and done well this, er last season

Witz, this guy waltzed through the Canadian snooker championship with something like 4 tons in 6 frames.

I normally don't give 9-ball players a second thought when it comes to snooker but Alex is something else.

If he gets in prepare yourself to be shocked ;-)

Postby Roland

There was a movement of people provoking the situation by saying Nigel Bond should've got a wildcard last year. Of course Darren Morgan said he's not interested in the PL before the invite that was never coming his way to save Barry Hearn's blushes.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Maguire and Murphy would be obvious choices, because of form and past history in the Premier League in Murphy's case.

But I went for Carter, because I only think it's fair that the World Championship runner up deserves a spot, or Luca Brecel just because of the class he has and he will draw crowds in.

One of those four I feel, but I will edge towards Ali.

Postby Casey

Who is the highest ranked player not in the league - I would imagine that player would be in with a shout.

I think Murphy will get it though for Brazil - Hearn's way of saying it was worth while going.