Post a reply

2012 Premier League Format and Criteria Anounced.

Postby Wildey

http://www.premierleaguesnooker.com/new ... ounced.htm

The line up of ten players in the 2012 PartyPoker.com Premier League is:

Defending Champion: Ronnie O’Sullivan
UK Champion: Judd Trump
Masters Champion: Neil Robertson
Shanghai Masters Champion: Mark Selby
Australian Goldfields Open Champion: Stuart Bingham
Championship League Winner: 22nd March
World Champion: 7th May
China Open Champion: 1st April
World Open Champion: 4th Match
PTC Grand Final Champion: 18th March

Re: 2012 Premier League Format and Criteria Anounced.

Postby Roland

Sounds better than last year but still meaningless with the shot clock in the scheme of things. I'll watch some of it because it's always good watching top players play against each other. That's if I haven't cancelled my Sky contract before then.

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Boring event

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yes, the slow players like Robbo won't be fans of this shot clock event.

<ok>

funny how they claim its a BORING event ?

if it was a BORING event it would suit BORING players

Postby Wildey

So Far in The Prem League is

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Judd Trump
Neil Robertson
Mark Selby
Stuart Bingham
Mark Allen
Stephen Lee

3 other Places to be Filled This Week Ding Junhui,Barry Hawkins,Mark Davis and Shaun Murphy could fill another Spot.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What about Ding? He won a ranker like Bingham and Allen ...

This is how it looks Welsh Open Winner dont get a spot.
World Open Champion: Mark Allen
PTC Grand Final Champion: Stephen Lee

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What about Ding? He won a ranker like Bingham and Allen ...

This is how it looks Welsh Open Winner dont get a spot.
World Open Champion: Mark Allen
PTC Grand Final Champion: Stephen Lee

Why doesn't the Welsh Open winner get a spot? <doh>

Postby Monique

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

The German Masters doesn't get one neither … it's clearly favouring the Asian/Australian tournaments over the "lesser" European/UK ones.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

The German Masters doesn't get one neither … it's clearly favouring the Asian/Australian tournaments over the "lesser" European/UK ones.

bearing that in mind the criteria was published after Ding won the Welsh Open.

as a Asian i would have thought they would have added the welsh in the same way World Senior was last season

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn wrote:"For those players not yet qualified for the Premier League, it's an extra motivation to win either the China Open or World Championship."

rofl rofl rofl rofl

win the world as a stepping stone to PL <doh>

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Barry Hearn wrote:"For those players not yet qualified for the Premier League, it's an extra motivation to win either the China Open or World Championship."

rofl rofl rofl rofl

win the world as a steping stone to PL <doh>

<laugh> He has to big up his tournament; no one else will.

Postby Monique

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You're wrong about the last bit. All players like it, rate it high and want to be in it. It's an elite spot, with good money and excellent exposure. I'm 100% certain that they would choose it over quite a few of the rankers if they were given the choice.
I know for sure, because he told me himself, that Selby was absolutely gutted when he missed it in 2009, having topped the table and made it into the final the season before.

Having said that, presenting the PL spot as a motivation for winning the WC is completely preposterous.

Postby Wildey

of course they want to be in it if nothing else its a money spinner but their priority as a proffesional snooker players has to be questioned if that how they think.

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You're wrong about the last bit. All players like it, rate it high and want to be in it. It's an elite spot, with good money and excellent exposure. I'm 100% certain that they would choose it over quite a few of the rankers if they were given the choice.
I know for sure, because he told me himself, that Selby was absolutely gutted when he missed it in 2009, having topped the table and made it into the final the season before.

Having said that, presenting the PL spot as a motivation for winning the WC is completely preposterous.

I was joking. I even put the laughing smiley. I'm not fussed what tournaments Hearn promotes and the top players enjoy playing as long as they can still play in rankers.

Postby Alpha

I'd respect the PL a lot more if they merged it with the Championship League and gave a place or two to a talented young guy, rather than throw money at the top guys.

Postby Wildey

Alpha wrote:I'd respect the PL a lot more if they merged it with the Championship League and gave a place or two to a talented young guy, rather than throw money at the top guys.

yup...

i think there should be a spot for Rookie of the Year currently in the Hands of Adam Duffy followed by Li Yan and Sam Craigie.

Postby boris_the_butcher

It's essentially a round of exhibitions taken to places which usually don't get to see top class professionals. I don't really care if young players aren't in it and to be honest would the likes of Adam Duffy be competitive? I'd rather it go the other way and invite Davis or White at least the crowds would generate a better atmosphere with the golden oldies.

The young players like Baird, Duffy, Woolaston etc will come through, if they're good enough so don't change it by trying to give it a purpose. On here, most snooker fans are indifferent to it but the crowds love it.

Having said that, they should try and get Bingham out of it somehow. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:It's essentially a round of exhibitions taken to places which usually don't get to see top class professionals. I don't really care if young players aren't in it and to be honest would the likes of Adam Duffy be competitive? I'd rather it go the other way and invite Davis or White at least the crowds would generate a better atmosphere with the golden oldies.

The young players like Baird, Duffy, Woolaston etc will come through, if they're good enough so don't change it by trying to give it a purpose. On here, most snooker fans are indifferent to it but the crowds love it.

to be honest id prefer if they took young players round the country let the general public get to know them then we might move on from years gone by with new generation of publics faves.

Postby Alpha

Wild wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:It's essentially a round of exhibitions taken to places which usually don't get to see top class professionals. I don't really care if young players aren't in it and to be honest would the likes of Adam Duffy be competitive? I'd rather it go the other way and invite Davis or White at least the crowds would generate a better atmosphere with the golden oldies.

to be honest id prefer if they took young players round the country let the general public get to know them then we might move on from years gone by with new generation of publics faves.

That's my point exactly Wild, Davis, Hendry and White have had their time, Williams and Higgins haven't qualified yet and the game needs to start moving past O'Sullivan. Guys like Filipiak or even Lisowski {or Adam Duffy/Li Yan} as the current rookie of the year could have benefited enormously .