Post a reply

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 4 (13-14th Apr

Postby Skullman

First man through is Poomjaeng then. Very impressive and had three comfortable victories against Leslie, Hamilton and Cope, and survived a fightback from Chendry.

Don't know how well Hamilton and Cope were playing though.

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:For someone who doesn't believe in Clincher's disease, Holt's doing a pretty good impression. Lost 4 in a row now. Still a long way to go though for him to completely bottle the match.

Hendon mentioned earlier on that Nick Walker led Rod Lawler 9-0 at the end of the first session in the Last 48, and only won 10-8

Still a long way to go

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:For someone who doesn't believe in Clincher's disease, Holt's doing a pretty good impression. Lost 4 in a row now. Still a long way to go though for him to completely bottle the match.

rofl rofl Skullman. :bowdown:

To be fair, Michael Holt is up there was Matthew Stevens and Jamie Cope when it comes to the sport's top bottlers.

Postby roy142857

Skullman wrote:First man through is Poomjaeng then. Very impressive and had three comfortable victories against Leslie, Hamilton and Cope, and survived a fightback from Chendry.

Don't know how well Hamilton and Cope were playing though.

Really good for the future of snooker in Thailand that Poomjaeng made it through, been waiting for this kind of breakthrough since his amateur World Championship win in 2010 (beat Pankaj Advani in the final)

Postby randam05

Andre147 wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Awful decisions for the two streamed tables tonight

Day and Ben isn't bad, but Higginson and White is.. I like to watch Michael White play mind you, but would much rather watch Fu and Gilbert or even Lisoswki and fergal wouldn't be that bad.

Fu Gilbert is surely everyones first choice? thats a brilliant match in prospect, really gutted theyre not showing that, im a big fan of both of them.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 13th of April

7pm

Ryan Day 6-7 Ben Woollaston
Andrew Higginson 4-9 Michael White
Fergal O'Brien 4-10 Jack Lisowski
Jamie Cope 3-10 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Michael Holt 8-4 Mark Joyce
Marco Fu 7-5 David Gilbert

Qualifiers

Dechawat Poomjaeng
Jack Lisowski
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Do you think Michael White minds being called Mike White.......discuss :wave:

If it was me, my opinion would be this.

I wouldn't go as far as telling anybody to stop calling me Mike, but at the same time I would add that Mike is a shortened form of my real name so should be reserved for family and friends. Maybe work colleagues that see me on a daily basis, but that's a grey area.

:hatoff:

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Do you think Michael White minds being called Mike White.......discuss :wave:

If it was me, my opinion would be this.

I wouldn't go as far as telling anybody to stop calling me Mike, but at the same time I would add that Mike is a shortened form of my real name so should be reserved for family and friends. Maybe work colleagues that see me on a daily basis, but that's a grey area.

:hatoff:

My counter argument is that Mike is quicker to type, so I'm calling you Mike. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Saturday 13th of April

7pm

Ryan Day 7-7 Ben Woollaston
Andrew Higginson 4-10 Michael White
Fergal O'Brien 4-10 Jack Lisowski
Jamie Cope 3-10 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Michael Holt 9-4 Mark Joyce
Marco Fu 8-5 David Gilbert

Qualifiers

Dechawat Poomjaeng