Topic locked

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (10-11th Apr

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Apparently Ronnie has been practicing with Ebdon at the Star. According to a lad who was there Ronnie changed his tip about 4 times but hardly missed a ball.

I heard that a while back. I didn't post it because I assumed it was old news that everybody knew but me. rofl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Apparently Ronnie has been practicing with Ebdon at the Star. According to a lad who was there Ronnie changed his tip about 4 times but hardly missed a ball.

Hendry has retired and hardly missed balls in Practice and Jimmy hasent missed a ball in Practice for the last 20 years apparently

Postby Wildey

Anthony Hamilton 0-3 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce 2-1 Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett 1-2 Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones 2-2 Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod 2-1 Sam Baird
Dave Harold 0-2 Alfie Burden

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:Hendry has retired and hardly missed balls in Practice and Jimmy hasent missed a ball in Practice for the last 20 years apparently

True dat.

How many times did you see Jimmy play a poor game, only to come out and say he was playing well in practice? It's pretty much every match since about the year 2000.

Postby Wildey

Anthony Hamilton 0-4 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce 3-2 Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett 2-4 Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones 4-3 Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod 2-4 Sam Baird
Dave Harold 1-3 Alfie Burden

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:
Wild WC wrote:what a story it would be if Swail reached the crucible

Why wouldnt it damage snooker the same as Jimmy qualifying? According to you.

YEA

id rather we had young players qualifying however in that section we got journeymen coming out of our ears so on that basis Swail is the best option out of Joyce and Holt.

Postby Lucky

I think an ex great getting to the venue is great for the sport. Check the BBC website...the only report from thequalifiers is Jimmy. Sport has to move on and evolve. But IF Jimmy makes it.....it will rival Ronnie as the story of the first round.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:I think an ex great getting to the venue is great for the sport. Check the BBC website...the only report from thequalifiers is Jimmy. Sport has to move on and evolve. But IF Jimmy makes it.....it will rival Ronnie as the story of the first round.

its just harping back though mate.

how long are we going to bang that old drum with jimmy on a zimerframe and having a nurse help him around the table.

we need to educate the BBC Not wheel out dinosaurs to cater for their fetish.

Postby Wildey

Anthony Hamilton 1-5 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce 5-3 Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett 3-5 Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones 6-3 Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod 2-5 Sam Baird
Dave Harold 2-5 Alfie Burden

Postby Wildey

Anthony Hamilton 2-6 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce 6-3 Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett 3-6 Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones 6-3 Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod 4-5 Sam Baird
Dave Harold 3-5 Alfie Burden

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Hendry has retired and hardly missed balls in Practice and Jimmy hasent missed a ball in Practice for the last 20 years apparently

True dat.

How many times did you see Jimmy play a poor game, only to come out and say he was playing well in practice? It's pretty much every match since about the year 2000.

if you ask Jimmy today on his chance of WINNING the world champs he will say he has a very good chance rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:I've just spent the morning fixing my car stero and fixing the window that decided to fail in the down position. bucking knackered. Oh and I cleaned out and fed the rabbit. <ok> :wave:

At least you're home. I've been out all week, I'm beginning to forget what my home looks like.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:if you ask Jimmy today on his chance of WINNING the world champs he will say he has a very good chance rofl

He probably would, jut a shame nobody has cause to ask him much any more.

Sad, really. Such a popular guy, such a good player. But never won the big one. :sad:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 11th of April

2.30pm

David Gilbert 4-5 Tony Drago Streaming
Nigel Bond 4-5 Alan McManus
Anthony McGill 2-7 Rod Lawler
Liang Wenbo 7-2 Jimmy Robertson Streaming

7pm

Anthony Hamilton 2-7 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce 6-3 Joe Swail Streaming
Jamie Burnett 3-6 Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones 6-3 Liam Highfield Streaming
Rory McLeod 4-5 Sam Baird
Dave Harold 3-5 Alfie Burden

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:I think an ex great getting to the venue is great for the sport. Check the BBC website...the only report from thequalifiers is Jimmy. Sport has to move on and evolve. But IF Jimmy makes it.....it will rival Ronnie as the story of the first round.

I think it would be a bigger story. However much we all like him, Jimmy is an underdog these days. Him qualifying for The Crucible would be a big story in itself. Him having a sustained run at The Crucible would be a gigantic story, considering how unlikely it is. Especially when compared to Ronnie's "World Champion decides to play, for once" story.