Topic locked

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (10-11th Apr

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:How is Hicks an Aussie basher? He acted with great dignity when confronted by that crass Aussie convict.

ven the biggets aussie basher on here witz said pom hicks was wrong

<ok> <ok> :parrot:
Last edited by GJ on 10 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Jewell wrote:How is Hicks an Aussie basher? He acted with great dignity when confronted by that crass Aussie convict.

Doesn't Witz idolise Hann though?

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

Doesn't Witz idolise Hann though?

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 11th of April

10am

Anthony Hamilton v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce v Joe Swail streamed
Jamie Burnett v Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones v Liam Highfield streamed
Rory McLeod v Sam Baird
Dave Harold v Alfie Burden

2.30pm

David Gilbert 4-5 Tony Drago streamed
Nigel Bond 4-5 Alan McManus
Anthony McGill 2-7 Rod Lawler
Liang Wenbo 7-2 Jimmy Robertson streamed

7pm

Anthony Hamilton v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce v Joe Swail streamed
Jamie Burnett v Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones v Liam Highfield streamed
Rory McLeod v Sam Baird
Dave Harold v Alfie Burden

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoying the qualifiers.

Just posting my report on here. As you'll see I've been doing reports from Day one of the Qualifiers, just not had the time to branch out and put them on here - but now I have so here goes.

Below is my report for The Old Green Baize of tonight's action as Jimmy White soldiers on but Steve Davis

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/04/10/ ... ible-spot/

Seems like Maflin could be one to keep an eye on in the future. Played very well today against the six-times world champion.

Qualifiers now getting to the business end which is great to see - loving it!

All the best,
Nigel.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 10th of April

7pm

Ben Woollaston 10-3 Thepchaya Un-Nooh
Michael White 10-5 Zhang Anda
Matthew Selt 10-8 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Jack Lisowski 10-4 James Wattana
Steve Davis 7-10 Kurt Maflin
Xiao Guodong 4-10 Jimmy White

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:If selty wins this cant see him beating kenny TBH

GJ, if you don't mind me asking why do support Selt?

hes a twitter pal of mine TBH

<ok>

pmsl

pmsl

Postby Roland

I'm pleased Jamie Jones and Liam Highfield is on the stream because that's one I was thinking wouldn't be so I was planning on watching it because I think it'll be a cracker.

I'm back at the EIS tomorrow from around midday. Follow me on @snookerisland twitter for updates on the non-streamed matches.

Stand out player this evening was of course Kurt Maflin. I tipped him for the Crucible but unfortunately I've heard stories about how much practice Ebdon has been putting in at the Star Academy therefore I'm afraid Kurt's run may be at an end through facing the toughest of the 16 round 4 seeds. Don't forget last year Ebdon was outside the top 16 and had to qualify and he destroyed Alfie Burden 10-0. He won't 10-0 Kurt but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins with daylight.

That said, I will be rooting for Kurt like a madman! He is class. I managed to get a couple of team mates to make the trip down from York, the thought of watching Jimmy is what brought them. When Jimmy won they were about to leave and I said to them "Come and watch Kurt just for this frame, he's class" at the time Kurt was on about 24 so we went and watched and he made pretty much a total clearance, playing a showman shot on the last black which missed. And what about that break to seal the win? That brown! buck me! How many players would've taken that on in a world championship qualifier against Steve Davis? Best break of the event so far by a mile!

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I'm pleased Jamie Jones and Liam Highfield is on the stream because that's one I was thinking wouldn't be so I was planning on watching it because I think it'll be a cracker.

I'm back at the EIS tomorrow from around midday. Follow me on @snookerisland twitter for updates on the non-streamed matches.

Stand out player this evening was of course Kurt Maflin. I tipped him for the Crucible but unfortunately I've heard stories about how much practice Ebdon has been putting in at the Star Academy therefore I'm afraid Kurt's run may be at an end through facing the toughest of the 16 round 4 seeds. Don't forget last year Ebdon was outside the top 16 and had to qualify and he destroyed Alfie Burden 10-0. He won't 10-0 Kurt but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins with daylight.

That said, I will be rooting for Kurt like a madman! He is class. I managed to get a couple of team mates to make the trip down from York, the thought of watching Jimmy is what brought them. When Jimmy won they were about to leave and I said to them "Come and watch Kurt just for this frame, he's class" at the time Kurt was on about 24 so we went and watched and he made pretty much a total clearance, playing a showman shot on the last black which missed. And what about that break to seal the win? That brown! little kitten me! How many players would've taken that on in a world championship qualifier against Steve Davis? Best break of the event so far by a mile!

Yes Highfield v Jones good choice for the streamed matches.

I know you highly rate Maflin, and so do I, and therefore you shouldn't underestimate his chances against Ebdon cause, first of all, he has been playing great snooker, like you said that marvelous break in the last..it was just wonderful.. many top players would be very proud of that, with all the pressure he was in.. and that brown to left middle :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Secondly, Ebdon hasn't done anything this season after Australian Open, and he has been in very poor form. Despite you saying he has been putting the practice in, what counts is bring it to the match table, so I know this won't be an easy match for Malfin that's for sure, but just to say despite all that practice Ebdon has done I still think Maflin should be considered favourite. Nevertheless, a cracking match and hoping it's on the streamed ones.

Postby Smart

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoying the qualifiers.

Just posting my report on here. As you'll see I've been doing reports from Day one of the Qualifiers, just not had the time to branch out and put them on here - but now I have so here goes.

Below is my report for The Old Green Baize of tonight's action as Jimmy White soldiers on but Steve Davis

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/04/10/ ... ible-spot/

Seems like Maflin could be one to keep an eye on in the future. Played very well today against the six-times world champion.

Qualifiers now getting to the business end which is great to see - loving it!

All the best,
Nigel.

NIGE :hatoff: :wave: :hatoff: :wave: