Topic locked

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (10-11th Apr

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Lucky wrote:I think an ex great getting to the venue is great for the sport. Check the BBC website...the only report from thequalifiers is Jimmy. Sport has to move on and evolve. But IF Jimmy makes it.....it will rival Ronnie as the story of the first round.

I think it would be a bigger story. However much we all like him, Jimmy is an underdog these days. Him qualifying for The Crucible would be a big story in itself. Him having a sustained run at The Crucible would be a gigantic story, considering how unlikely it is. Especially when compared to Ronnie's "World Champion decides to play, for once" story.

yes it would be a big story but so was raising the titanic or discovering the grave of tutankhamun.

fossils always make good stories.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:yes it would be a big story but so was raising the titanic or discovering the grave of tutankhamun.

:shrug:

Old and inconsistent as he may be, if he's good enough to qualify, he deserves to be at the tournament proper. As does anybody else.

Besides, if Jimmy is such a useless old fossil, what does that make the two people he's already beaten?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:yes it would be a big story but so was raising the titanic or discovering the grave of tutankhamun.

:shrug:

Old and inconsistent as he may be, if he's good enough to qualify, he deserves to be at the tournament proper. As does anybody else.

Besides, if Jimmy is such a useless old fossil, what does that make the two people he's already beaten?

your right BUT its not great for the Sport not by a long way.

Postby Wildey

David Gilbert 6-7 Tony Drago
Nigel Bond 5-6 Alan McManus
Anthony McGill 3-8 Rod Lawler
Liang Wenbo 10-3 Jimmy Robertson

hahaha on Stream Eirian Williams was Swearing like a trooper

Postby Andre147

just seen the scores on the Delu v Burnett match this morning and it shows Delu hit 3 tons of 117, 100 and 140 to lead by 6-3 :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The chinese player must have played the snooker of his life to have scored so heavily.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:haha Drago is such a muppet

I don't know what prompted you to say that, but I agree.

missed a simple roll in pink by playing a shot to nothing hahaha

Postby Casey

Some of the older players making a bit of noise in the qualfiers this year -

Swail, Drago, White and McManus....

I wouldn't mind seeing White back at the Crucible but time has passed for the rest.

Postby Andre147

:phew: :phew: :phew: after all that, Gilbert too falls victim to the missed blacks off it's spot and Tony takes the frame.. smashing the last pink as it went off the table in just pure frustration.

8 all it is then. Cmon Tony.. don't let that missed pink affect you anymore.

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:come on Tony
that was a good shot on the pink in the last frame, it almost hit Gilbert <laugh>

<ok> <ok> <ok> I fear that missed pink, even after winning that last frame, may haunt him if he loses this match. Hope not, but not looking that good for him. still, level at 8 all can't be bad I suppose.