Topic locked

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Round 1 (6-8th Apr

Postby SteveJJ

kolompar wrote:was my question about the three camera coverage so stupid you dont answer or you just dont know the answer?

I think they meant three camera positions on the two matches they are covering rather than having 3 matches per session streamed.

Postby Skullman

Spotted some errors in the table. Vodka had an extra almost correct prediction and Sonny was one correct winner short. Fixed them.

GJ now moves to third as he tied on points with Vodka, but had more correct winners.

:emb: I'll try not to let it happen again.

Postby Roland

Andre147 wrote:rofl rofl rofl rofl Yates saying if Tian Pengfei makes it to the Crucible will become the 5th chinese player to do so..

He mentioned Ding, Liang, Chendry, and Yupeng, but completly forgot Zhang Anda who is actually playing in this session, and made it to the Crucible back in 2010 losing to Hendry 9-10 after being 9-7 in front.

YATES rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Quality!

Postby Roland

kolompar wrote:Worldsnooker.com said there would be three-camera coverage of the qualifiers
what does it mean?
I only found 2 tables streamed, is there a third? would be good if Thepchaiya or Thanawat was streamed
or it means 3 cameras/table? or there will be a third streamed table later? or is it a special phrase that I dont understand? :-D

The set up is:

Table 1|Table 2|Table 3 (streamed)|Table 4 (streamed)|Table 5|Table 6

Tables 1 and 6 are the ones not used in the middle session which frees them up as spares if required. The single rig over the non-streamed tables hold a single light parallel to the table, the double rigs on the streamed table hold 2 lights with slight gap in between and they are slightly angled like / \ and in the middle of the beams at the end is the static camera with one above each streamed table. The camera is looking down the line between the lights that on the other tables would be blocked by the light. Each streamed table has a manned floor camera.

I heard the one about 3 cameras per table too but I didn't spot where the other was. Then again I wasn't looking out for it but I will do tomorrow.

As a spectator you can see 3 tables from the back and 2 from the front. I try to sit close to the middle of tables 2 or 5 for the 6 table sessions and behind one of the streamed tables for the 4 match sessions. Tonight when the last 2 matches were Craig Steadman and David Grace on table 1 and Jamie O'Neill and TT on table 5 so I used the walkway at the back to keep an eye on both matches. It's a brilliant set up for spectators and one I hope is used in whatever venue is used for future qualifying events.

Postby Roland

Good day at the qualifiers. I was happy to see Luca come back from 4-0 down against Fraser Patrick, nothing against Patrick of course but I think most people would like to see Luca have a good run. It's not over yet though, so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon for the resumption.

Thepchiya Un-Nooh was the stand out player of the completed matches. He seems to get faster and faster as the break goes on and once frame is won he goes into overdrive up to Ronnie speed. He is very very entertaining to watch and a brilliant potter. In the second session he seemed to take his foot off the gas but I guess it's only natural to relax a bit and focus on keeping your opponent at bay when you have control of proceedings. Either way he is certainly capable of coming through his section which contains Ben Woollaston and Ryan Day. So watch out for that and I hope he gets streamed in Round 2.

Not a lot to report from the other matches really. Michael Wasley always seemed to be getting the better of Sean O'Sullivan when I looked but Sean lead 6-5 at one point and then Wazza proceeded to run out the next 5 frames for a 10-6 win. Un-Nooh and Tian Pengfai are the only players from the matches that finished that I can see winning their next match though.

O'Neill v TT was very scrappy, lots of chances missed from both players but the battle on the colours at 9-8 to TT was worth watching. O'Neill played some great safeties and was in control until TT knocked in a good long green, then the brown then attempted a long rail blue into green pocket screwing across for match ball pink. The blue missed and this is what happened next.

This was Jamie O'Neill's last shot. He was 4 points behind and the pros watching all applauded. It was a great shot especially considering the pressure.

And this is what TT did next:

Fluked the blue and landed plumb on match ball! The look on everyone's face was classic. Luca in particular found it highly amusing in a "I can't believe that just happened" way!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow but think I'll watch most of Pankaj v Swail before I head out for live action and the resumption of Luca v Fraser. One other thing from today is that Cao Yupeng has joined twitter and he seems a bit of a character. I don't know exactly why although Chinese are known for changing their names, but he's calling himself Eric! You can follow him here https://twitter.com/ECaoyupeng

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:
kolompar wrote:Worldsnooker.com said there would be three-camera coverage of the qualifiers
what does it mean?
I only found 2 tables streamed, is there a third? would be good if Thepchaiya or Thanawat was streamed
or it means 3 cameras/table? or there will be a third streamed table later? or is it a special phrase that I dont understand? :-D

The set up is:

Table 1|Table 2|Table 3 (streamed)|Table 4 (streamed)|Table 5|Table 6

Tables 1 and 6 are the ones not used in the middle session which frees them up as spares if required. The single rig over the non-streamed tables hold a single light parallel to the table, the double rigs on the streamed table hold 2 lights with slight gap in between and they are slightly angled like / \ and in the middle of the beams at the end is the static camera with one above each streamed table. The camera is looking down the line between the lights that on the other tables would be blocked by the light. Each streamed table has a manned floor camera.

I heard the one about 3 cameras per table too but I didn't spot where the other was. Then again I wasn't looking out for it but I will do tomorrow.

As a spectator you can see 3 tables from the back and 2 from the front. I try to sit close to the middle of tables 2 or 5 for the 6 table sessions and behind one of the streamed tables for the 4 match sessions. Tonight when the last 2 matches were Craig Steadman and David Grace on table 1 and Jamie O'Neill and TT on table 5 so I used the walkway at the back to keep an eye on both matches. It's a brilliant set up for spectators and one I hope is used in whatever venue is used for future qualifying events.

<ok> <ok> <ok> <ok> Perfect discription there Sonny <ok> <ok> <ok> <ok>

Would very much like to go there one day and watch some of those amazing and nerve wracking qualifiers. Quality setup :hatoff: And yeah, it should be used in all qualifying events, not just the Worlds ones.