Topic locked

Re: QUALIFIERS DRAW....and discussion

Postby Roland

I don't fancy Luca's chances. That's the toughest potential route of the entire draw.

Postby GJ

Nice draw for selt dunn then doherty

Postby GJ

Nice draw for selt dunn then doherty

Postby PLtheRef

Not too many very interesting 'groups' there in this years draw which is a shame. Pankaj's group seems to be the one where all of them could definitely qualify.

Postby Casey

Jeeze, it's a tough one for Luca. He is suffering from not pushing on this season and rising in the rankings.

On paper Gould is the most dangerous of the qualifiers.

Re: BETFAIR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS DRAW....AND DISCUS

Postby GJ

I think Luca can beat lawler he beat a similiar player in king last year to make it

Luca v gouldy would be a cracker in final round one not to miss

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone.

Over the course of the next few days I will be previewing the World Championship Qualifiers by taking a close look at some of the players who could go all the way and earn themselves a prestigious a first round spot at the Crucible.

My first player is Belgian star Luca Brecel who last year made the headlines after becoming the youngest ever player to appear at a World Championship having just turned 17.

A year older and wiser can Luca do it again? Last year he proved qualifying for the World Championship was no one-off after reaching the quarter-finals of the UK championship last December.

If he is to do it again, it will be done the hard way. Brecel must beat Fraser Patrick, Rod Lawler, Anthony McGill and Michael Holt. Tall order maybe but he has certainly shown he has the talent.

Below is the article I've done on Luca including a video of him hitting a century - please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/04/02/ ... ca-brecel/

Would you like to see Luca at the Crucible this year?

Postby Smart

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone.

Over the course of the next few days I will be previewing the World Championship Qualifiers by taking a close look at some of the players who could go all the way and earn themselves a prestigious a first round spot at the Crucible.

My first player is Belgian star Luca Brecel who last year made the headlines after becoming the youngest ever player to appear at a World Championship having just turned 17.

A year older and wiser can Luca do it again? Last year he proved qualifying for the World Championship was no one-off after reaching the quarter-finals of the UK championship last December.

If he is to do it again, it will be done the hard way. Brecel must beat Fraser Patrick, Rod Lawler, Anthony McGill and Michael Holt. Tall order maybe but he has certainly shown he has the talent.

Below is the article I've done on Luca including a video of him hitting a century - please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/04/02/ ... ca-brecel/

Would you like to see Luca at the Crucible this year?

THANKS NIGE< YOU THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D