Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Give him the benefit and assume he got held up in traffic or something until we know better.

Gouldy v Baird has been good so far. Frame 2 had a great 10 minute or so exchange at the end with both playing great safety and equally getting away with murder with fluking snookers from snooker and missed pots. It had everything. Gould was bossing it overall to be fair.

great match martin is pure class :hatoff:

Postby Roland

And there you have it:

Janie Watkins ‏@weewelshwitch

@rulesy @snookeroland Cope was delayed on M1 - bad smash earlier apparently. 2 hrs = 2 miles

Postby GJ

It shows up the lack of flexibility in snooker scheduling

It was out of copes control and yet he loses via walkover

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:It shows he should have left a bit earlier so he was allowing for any delays

So Cope is meant to be mystic meg <doh>

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:It shows he should have left a bit earlier so he was allowing for any delays

Do you never aim to reach places a few hours early? You never know what can happen, as Cope found out.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

Do you never aim to reach places a few hours early? You never know what can happen, as Cope found out.

he moved 2 miles in 2 hours what time do you think he should have left at

5 am <doh>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

he moved 2 miles in 2 hours what time do you think he should have left at

5 am <doh>

<doh>

these things happen on the motorways

He could easily have left first thing this mornign so he arrived and had a good 4 or 5 hours beforehand to relax and mentally prepare, instead of literally jumping out of a car after a long journey into a match. I know from experience having sometimes drove 200 miles then straight into a club to play someone that your massively disadvantaging yourself as your almost exhausted before you even start the game. :dizzy:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote: <doh>

He could easily have left first thing this mornign so he arrived and had a good 4 or 5 hours beforehand to relax and mentally prepare, instead of literally jumping out of a car after a long journey into a match. I know from experience having sometimes drove 200 miles then straight into a club to play someone that your massively disadvantaging yourself as your almost exhausted before you even start the game. :dizzy:

Was going to say something similar <ok>

Postby GJ

Goulds potting is just top drawer

His only weakness is he goes for too many and plays to open a game

Postby Skullman

He can be in and out. He played well last year to qualify for the Welsh, lost to Selby when he should've won and then hasn't done much again until now. Maybe he just likes Wales?

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:He can be in and out. He played well last year to qualify for the Welsh, lost to Selby when he should've won and then hasn't done much again until now. Maybe he just likes Wales?

he must be the only one :D

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:he won a CL group since too so youd have thought hed have been in good form

baird was flawless to be fair

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote: <doh>

Was going to say something similar <ok>

Yes I agree, but still I give Cope the benefit of the doubt cause we don't know the exact details... maybe he couldn't leave the place he was in earlier or something, we don't know.. and then caught that accident of the motorway and was bad luck really.

But yeah the better thing to do is to prepare yourself well, and one of the most important things is to be mentally fresh, and not drained after a long journey...

GJ probably backed him cause his beloved Robbo has often done similar things in tourneys :john: :gag: <laugh>

Postby Andre147

You did understad what I was trying to say didnt you... I reckon he hasnt, but often he has lost matches or not prepared well for tourneys after arriving at the venue almost at the exact time his match was starting.

He does that less often nowadays though..

Postby PLtheRef

Sympathy for Cope that he's been eliminated due to circumstances beyond his control

That said, if I were a professional snooker player and have got an important qualifying match then I'd make it my business to get up to Sheffield the day before, to avoid any mishaps on the day

Postby Wildey

Saturday 9th of February

10am

Allister Carter v Gerard Greene
Neil Robertson v Duane Jones
Jamie Burnett v Craig Steadman
Stuart Bingham v Matthew Selt
Ricky Walden v Martin O'Donnell
Tom Ford v Justin Astley

2.30pm

Ken Doherty v David Gilbert
Andrew Higginson v Adam Duffy
Mark Davis v Michael Wasley
Graeme Dott v Rod Lawler
Fergal O'Brien v Nigel Bond
Peter Ebdon v Pankaj Advani

7pm

Shaun Murphy v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stephen Maguire v Mark Joyce
Marcus Campbell v Anthony Hamilton
Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda
Michael Holt v Alan McManus
Joe Perry v Jimmy Robertson

Postby Andre147

Wild do you know which matches are going to be televised tomorrow? For the morning and evening sessions I think it's pretty obvious they show Carter, Robbo, Murphy and Maguire. But for the afternoon session not so sure... Dott seems to me an obvious choice, but the other one.. are they gonna show Doherty v Gilbert or Ebdon v Advani? or even Mark Davis v Wasley...

Not sure about that one

Postby Skullman

Carter v Green
Robbo D. Jones
Mavis v Wasley
Dott v Lawler
Smurph v Thepchaiya
Mags v Joyce

According to WS live scores. Knowing them though, they'll probably change their minds ten minutes before.