Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Hell of a display that by Luca, will be dangerous in the first round.

He's playing Ricky Walden, right?

That should be a good'un.

Yep, trying to get hold of a ticket for that session

TBH I think he's got every chance of beating Ricky. I expected Ebdon to basically grind him down. To win 6-1 is truly amazing.

Some really good ties coming up in York me thinks.

EDIT: Got myself a ticket for that session :)

Postby Wildey

Friday 23rd of November

9.30am

Jamie Cope 4-6 Mark Joyce
Jamie Burnett 2-6 Steve Davis
Joe Perry 4-6 Jack Lisowski
Fergal O’Brien 6-2 David Gilbert
Mark King 6-0 Xiao Guodong
Peter Ebdon 1-6 Luca Brecel

2.30pm

Martin Gould v Ben Woollaston streaming
Robert Milkins v Rory McLeod
Michael Holt v Thepchaia Un-Nooh streaming
Marcus Campbell v Cao Yupeng
Dominic Dale v Ian Burns

7.30pm

Marco Fu v Rod Lawler
Tom Ford v Yu De Lu
Andrew Higginson v Liang Wenbo streaming
Ryan Day v Matthew Selt
Ken Doherty v Michael White streaming

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw To Be Played in York 1st-9th of December

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce
Ali Carter v Steve Davis
Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams v Mark King
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould/Ben Woollaston
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins/Rory McLeod
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Michael Holt/Thepchaia Un-Nooh
Mark Davis v Marcus Campbell/Cao Yupeng
Matthew Stevens v Dominic Dale/Ian Burns
Mark Allen v Marco Fu/Rod Lawler
Neil Robertson v Tom Ford/Yu De Lu
Barry Hawkins v Andrew Higginson/Liang Wenbo
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day/Matthew Selt
Mark Selby v Ken Doherty/Michael White

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:interesting match at the top there

Mark Joyce was the last man to beat Judd at the UK Championship not as impressive as it sounds however its Fact lol

Well it sure as buck weren't Jamie Cope. When I met Jamie Cope's gran in Telford, she was banging on about how proud she was, and wondering if Jamie would beat Judd Trump. I was like; "Yeah, no problem. He'll beat him easily."

Cope lost. :emb:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:interesting match at the top there

Mark Joyce was the last man to beat Judd at the UK Championship not as impressive as it sounds however its Fact lol

Well it sure as buck weren't Jamie Cope. When I met Jamie Cope's gran in Telford, she was banging on about how proud she was, and wondering if Jamie would beat Judd Trump. I was like; "Yeah, no problem. He'll beat him easily."

Cope lost. :emb:

next time ask me before giving a opinion <ok> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:next time ask me before giving a opinion <ok> <laugh>

Problem is, it was when Judd was a qualifier. Your opinion of a Judd Trump win over anybody wouldn't have been that positive at the time. <laugh>

cope isn't anybody hes cope or more accurately "cant cope"

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:cope isn't anybody hes cope or more accurately "cant cope"

True enough. rofl

To be fair, I was just trying to please the old biddy.

I'd sat down and ordered lunch between matches, but the TIC didn't have much seating space. So some old biddy asked if she could share my table, then started whittering on about Jamie Cope. He could've been playing anybody, and I'd have gone; "Yeah, he'll beat him. They're rubbish" to the old deary.

Postby Skullman

Am back. Well done Luca :hatoff: UK and Worlds qualifying double :mosh: Has Walden next, who, no offense to Ricky, is one of the weaker seeds despite being a ranking event winner this season.

Good to see Jack qualify for another venue. When was his last, Shanghai 2011 or was it was Galway?

Also, Davis still going strong. Has Carter next who's beaten this year, but I think Ali will be too much for him this time around.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Am back. Well done Luca :hatoff: UK and Worlds qualifying double :mosh: Has Walden next, who, no offense to Ricky, is one of the weaker seeds despite being a ranking event winner this season.

Good to see Jack qualify for another venue. When was his last, Shanghai 2011 or was it was Galway?

Also, Davis still going strong. Has Carter next who's beaten this year, but I think Ali will be too much for him this time around.

Ebdon was the Toughest Draw in this Round .

Ebdons game was nowhere to be fair his timing looked well out but even so that was a great result

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Am back. Well done Luca :hatoff: UK and Worlds qualifying double :mosh: Has Walden next, who, no offense to Ricky, is one of the weaker seeds despite being a ranking event winner this season.

When did he play Higgins at the Welsh Open? That was 2010, right?

So yeah, possibly what you said.

Postby Wildey

you have to be impressed by cao

Marcus Campbell was a massive stumbling block for Judd to get out of the qualifiers but this guy seems to deal with tough experience match players very well.

Postby Witz78

Well done to the Nugget, yet again defying the critic (you know who you are....) and i def think he has a chance to upset Carter.

Whatever, its good for him just to be at a venue in a Major at his age, and anything else is a bonus. Im well up for that game and excited, you just never know whens going to be the last time you see the Nugget play at a venue so ill saviour this occasion for all its worth (hell, i might even leave the bar and go in for a frame)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Well done to the Nugget, yet again defying the critic (you know who you are....) and i def think he has a chance to upset Carter.

Whatever, its good for him just to be at a venue in a Major at his age, and anything else is a bonus. Im well up for that game and excited, you just never know whens going to be the last time you see the Nugget play at a venue so ill saviour this occasion for all its worth (hell, i might even leave the bar and go in for a frame)

this changes nothing <doh>