Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Had some important things come up but well done Cao for holding it together :hatoff: Has qualified all three ranking majors (very unlikely he'll be in the Masters) this year then. Has Mavis, who manageable. Cao's beaten the seeds in every venue he's qualified for, will do it again?

Postby Andre147

Witz... you said the other day that you wouldn't mind if you didnt win another frame in a match by making a 136 total clearance like Davis did... then what would you do if you managed a brilliant 141 break like Davis also did in his match today against Burnett? I reckon you wouldnt play anymore :john: :chuckle: :evilgrin: A wonderful display from the old man :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy:
Last edited by Andre147 on 23 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:Witz... you said the other day that you wouldn't mind if you didnt win another frame by making a 136 total clearance like Davis did... then what would you do if you managed a brilliant 141 break like Davis also did in his match today against Burnett? A wonderful dispaly from the old man :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy:

If i made a 141 break id be happy to never play another frame :spot on:

awesome stuff yet again from the Nugget, yes he may grind out frames but thats what he has to do at his age plus qualifyings all about winning so why not tap into those 35 years pro experience and tactical nous to tie up the kids in knots. But these 2 BIG BREAKS show hes still got a high level, if not a consistent one

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Witz... you said the other day that you wouldn't mind if you didnt win another frame by making a 136 total clearance like Davis did... then what would you do if you managed a brilliant 141 break like Davis also did in his match today against Burnett? A wonderful dispaly from the old man :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy:

If i made a 141 break id be happy to never play another frame :spot on:

awesome stuff yet again from the Nugget, yes he may grind out frames but thats what he has to do at his age plus qualifyings all about winning so why not tap into those 35 years pro experience and tactical nous to tie up the kids in knots. But these 2 BIG BREAKS show hes still got a high level, if not a consistent one

I definately agree... his safety game is still top notch and yeah he gives a lesson to some of those kids out there on how to defend a game and that it isn't all about potting and knocking them all in. Yeah he may not score as well as he used to, thats a fact, but he can still manage big breaks when things are going right, and those 2 I mentioned just prove it, once again :-D :-D :-D

Postby Andre147

And Steve now plays Carter at the venue... a match, that in my view and like I said yesterday, could go either way cause Carter isnt playing well since his final at the Worlds... plus Davis beat him the last time they met of course, at last season's Welsh Open first round, Steve won 4-3... Ok it's a slightly different format now, but still if Davis manages to start well then you never know...

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:And Steve now plays Carter at the venue... a match, that in my view and like I said yesterday, could go either way cause Carter isnt playing well since his final at the Worlds... plus Davis beat him the last time they met of course, at last season's Welsh Open first round, Steve won 4-3... Ok it's a slightly different format now, but still if Davis manages to start well then you never know...

The only fear now is that THE FORCE is a cert to be in Carters camp offering nutritional, dietary, physical, tactical and mental advice in a guru mentor style role to Ali so weve already saw what happens when Carter is able to tap into that.

Postby Wildey

this will be the Most exciting Final stages of a Major for a few years you got 3 Young players Cao Yupeng,Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel qualifying with a genuine chance of Progressing in to the Last 16.

just unfortunate for me you got Steve Davis there id have preferred Pankaj Advani to get through that Section.

But if they cant Beat him then fair play to the guy and at least in york he will be playing on the right stage for a UK Championship Legend.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Are you going to the UK Sonny?

I live in York mate :santa:

That wasn't what he asked.

:hatoff:

For some reason i thought you stayed in Leeds :gag:

wheres the best pubs for me to hit then?

ive already sized up my nightclub options, Reflex and Flares a stones throw from each other so that will do me just fine :phew:

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:this will be the Most exciting Final stages of a Major for a few years you got 3 Young players Cao Yupeng,Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel qualifying with a genuine chance of Progressing in to the Last 16.

just unfortunate for me you got Steve Davis there id have preferred Pankaj Advani to get through that Section.

But if they cant Beat him then fair play to the guy and at least in york he will be playing on the right stage for a UK Championship Legend.

yeh my enthusiasm for this tourny is right up now after so many of my young tips for the top have qualified and like you say they all have winnable games, plus Davis too.

Davis in the tourny just adds to its prestige, espec when you think this is the 1st UK in donkeys years without 2 all time legends Hendry and Ronnie involved, so its good to see Davis at least playing in it to keep the flag flying for the icons of the game. Actually quite sad (and bizarre) to think that Hendry and Ronnie are gone now from the game, yet Davis is still here :dizzy:

Just need White, Delu and Wenbo to win tonight and my almost dream set of qualifiers is up.

Told earlier that you can take drink into the arena no problem at York so the goalposts have well and truly been moved, I apologise in advance for the shoutouts rofl

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:yeh my enthusiasm for this tourny is right up now after so many of my young tips for the top have qualified and like you say they all have winnable games, plus Davis too.

Davis in the tourny just adds to its prestige, espec when you think this is the 1st UK in donkeys years without 2 all time legends Hendry and Ronnie involved, so its good to see Davis at least playing in it to keep the flag flying for the icons of the game. Actually quite sad (and bizarre) to think that Hendry and Ronnie are gone now from the game, yet Davis is still here :dizzy:

Just need White, Delu and Wenbo to win tonight and my almost dream set of qualifiers is up.

Told earlier that you can take drink into the arena no problem at York so the goalposts have well and truly been moved, I apologise in advance for the shoutouts rofl

You forgot the legend of the game that's still there, Higgins.

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:

ive already sized up my nightclub options, Reflex and Flares a stones throw from each other so that will do me just fine :phew:

Somehow I think my tastes will be different to yours :redneck:

You'll probably enjoy Revolution down by the riverside off Coney Street. Stays open late, lots of action going on.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Somehow I think my tastes will be different to yours :redneck:

You'll probably enjoy Revolution down by the riverside off Coney Street. Stays open late, lots of action going on.

From memory you were busting a few good moves on the dancefloor in that sawdust on the floor joint i took you to in Sheffield :john:

I saw the Revolution, wasnt sure what kinda mix of clientel and agre group it would attract, im past chasing teens :gag: :gag: