Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:Roll on Gouldy v Dott on the Sat night

reckon by that time of the day ill be that snake hissed ill need to tap Dott Snr for a few fags

How do you justify cosying up to him when you can't stand his son. Just askin.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:

reckon by that time of the day ill be that snake hissed ill need to tap Dott Snr for a few fags

no principles and a bit of a bottom licker <ok>

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:

<doh>

youve got that all wrong

whilst ive never been a massive fan of Dott, i actually dont mind him and prefer him to a lot of players.

Johns always good banter and entertaining when he has to go for a fag whilst Graemes playing as his nerves are shredded to bits rofl

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Well done to the Nugget, yet again defying the critic (you know who you are....) and i def think he has a chance to upset Carter.

Whatever, its good for him just to be at a venue in a Major at his age, and anything else is a bonus. Im well up for that game and excited, you just never know whens going to be the last time you see the Nugget play at a venue so ill saviour this occasion for all its worth (hell, i might even leave the bar and go in for a frame)

this changes nothing <doh>

so he should just have lost yesterday then <doh>

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

<doh>

youve got that all wrong

whilst ive never been a massive fan of Dott, i actually dont mind him and prefer him to a lot of players.

Johns always good banter and entertaining when he has to go for a fag whilst Graemes playing as his nerves are shredded to bits rofl

My apologies then for getting you wrong. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem when people don't like him, it's a personal choice innit, but it rankles me no end at the thought of (what I thought was you) people cosying up to family and friends hoping he got beat. I saw too much of that when I was on the tour with him in earier years. I would prefer if people were just honest about it. And yeah, your right about John Snr., he is a wreck when Graeme plays, that's why I hated sitting beside him when we were both at a venue. He is a good drinking buddy though, back in the day when I did take a good drink.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

<doh>

youve got that all wrong

My apologies then for getting you wrong. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem when people don't like him, it's a personal choice innit, but it rankles me no end at the thought of (what I thought was you) people cosying up to family and friends hoping he got beat. I saw too much of that when I was on the tour with him in earier years. I would prefer if people were just honest about it. And yeah, your right about John Snr., he is a wreck when Graeme plays, that's why I hated sitting beside him when we were both at a venue. He is a good drinking buddy though, back in the day when I did take a good drink.

Dott, Maguire, Angles and Ants the Scottish players ive not minded over the years.

Think cos ive made my feelings known on Higgins, Hendry, Burnett people automatically assume i hate all Scottish players rofl

the running joke at the Crucible 2 years ago was that the Betfred guys said they could always guaranteed 3 people to be loitering around the bar bookies area, me, Angus Loughran and Dotts dad rofl

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I like the tiered system because you can see the step up in class with each round.

i thought you of all people, the championer of the young players would see the flaws in the teired system and the massive disadvantages it places on those having to start at the bottom rung of the ladder.

The problem I had was before it was rolling rankings. I would like a mixture of flat draw as in the German Masters and staggered draw for events like the UK and World. There's merit in both systems, just as long as the rolling rankings are kept as up to date as possible, it's entirely possible for players at the start of the season starting off in round 1 to starting in round 2 after a couple of events and rounds 3 and 4 at the end of the season if they are getting the results. This way a ranking system will have its rewards. With a complete flat draw structure and a money list, there is no point in rankings whatsoever apart from maybe keeping the big names away from each other with a seeded structure.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I like the tiered system because you can see the step up in class with each round.

i thought you of all people, the championer of the young players would see the flaws in the teired system and the massive disadvantages it places on those having to start at the bottom rung of the ladder.

The problem I had was before it was rolling rankings. I would like a mixture of flat draw as in the German Masters and staggered draw for events like the UK and World. There's merit in both systems, just as long as the rolling rankings are kept as up to date as possible, it's entirely possible for players at the start of the season starting off in round 1 to starting in round 2 after a couple of events and rounds 3 and 4 at the end of the season if they are getting the results. This way a ranking system will have its rewards. With a complete flat draw structure and a money list, there is no point in rankings whatsoever apart from maybe keeping the big names away from each other with a seeded structure.

fair point, i wouldnt be adverse to a mix of teired and flat draws

i def think the rankings should be updated after every event

as for the rankings being almost obselete under flat draws then you could argue that rankings are pointless in tennis :john:

under flat draws being ranked in the top 2,4,8,16,32, 64 would all have their rewards for players when it came to gaining more favourable draws, albeit having to play the same number of games.

Postby Wildey

my problem with Money Rankings is it wont work in tiered system unless seeded players gets Half the Points.

Take Luca fighting through 4 Rounds to reach the Venue Gets same Money Points as a Top 16 player losing 6-0 without scoring a point.

i cant see a totally flat draw coming in by the start of money rankings.

im like sonny Let a Full Rolling Ranking Point system take effect with some events Totally Flat others like the German masters and others tiered and forget this Money Rankings rubbish,

i thought Money rankings was meant to simplify Rankings

so far on Twitter people have asked if,Prem League,The Masters, High Break Prize Money,Maximum Prize Money and Bloody fines to be taken in to consideration when Working out Prize Money Rankings.

Postby Wildey

Friday 23rd of November

2.30pm

Martin Gould 6-3 Ben Woollaston
Robert Milkins 6-5 Rory McLeod
Michael Holt 6-1 Thepchaia Un-Nooh
Marcus Campbell 4-6 Cao Yupeng
Dominic Dale 6-2 Ian Burns

7.30pm

Marco Fu v Rod Lawler
Tom Ford v Yu De Lu
Andrew Higginson v Liang Wenbo streamed
Ryan Day v Matthew Selt
Ken Doherty v Michael White streamed

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw To Be Played in York 1st-9th of December

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce
Ali Carter v Steve Davis
Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams v Mark King
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Michael Holt