Post a reply

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Qualifying !!

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:Every time Gilbert pots a ball he goes in off :sad:

4-0 down :sad: Comeon Gilbert youre too good for this! Really wanted him to push on from his wonderful display at the crucible the end of last season however its not happening yet even though he did have a 142 and century against Greene. I think the first frame miss yellow was the main problem for Dave.

However wow to Steve Davis! Havent seen him play this well since that WC a few years back. Hope he can wrap this up he deserves it playing very nice. Nearly had back to back centuries but missed a pink on 96.

Postby Wildey

After a run to the semi finals of PTC 1 i expected more from Higginson its been really poor from him But Steve has played extreamly well but put under no pressure and hes to good to be given easy chances.

Postby Wildey

Michael Holt 2-2 Robert Milkins
Peter Ebdon 1-2 David Grace
Mark Davis 4-0 David Gilbert
Andrew Higginson 0-4 Steve Davis
Joe Perry 1-3 Barry Pinches

Postby Wildey

Michael Holt 2-2 Robert Milkins
Peter Ebdon 1-2 David Grace
Mark Davis 5-0 David Gilbert
Andrew Higginson 0-5 Steve Davis
Joe Perry 1-3 Barry Pinches

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:After a run to the semi finals of PTC 1 i expected more from Higginson its been really poor from him But Steve has played extreamly well but put under no pressure and hes to good to be given easy chances.

You feeling alright? I swear you just complimented Steve Davis.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:After a run to the semi finals of PTC 1 i expected more from Higginson its been really poor from him But Steve has played extreamly well but put under no pressure and hes to good to be given easy chances.

Don't Like him as a Commentator, he talks utter tripe as a pundit totally clueless, Detested his Guts in the 80s But i respect what hes done and if someone plays Well i will say so.

Postby Wildey

Michael Holt 2-4 Robert Milkins
Peter Ebdon 2-3 David Grace
Joe Perry 2-3 Barry Pinches

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Don't Like him as a Commentator, he talks utter tripe as a pundit totally clueless, Detested his Guts in the 80s But i respect what hes done and if someone plays Well i will say so.

Yep,i couldnt agree more Wild WC as far as the tripe he sometimes talks!.Him and his hypeing and hjis going overboards especially his pathetic continueous ramblings on todays so -called higggggggggggggh standards!,yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn!.
The only thing thats high is Davis himself!!. :fart:

DOMINIC DALE 5 v 0 ANTHONY MCGILL

So much for the young Scot McGill breakin through,gets well n truly crushed by an old fogey by the name of Dale!. :dizzy:

JAMIE COPE 5 v 4 THANAWAT TIRAPONGPAIBOON

Shame that the young thai lost,so near but so far!.

MARK DAVIS 5 v 0 DAVID GILBERT

Davis jnr isn,t half havin a run isn,t he!. :clap:

Postby Wildey

Friday 27th of July

2.40pm

Michael Holt 3-5 Robert Milkins
Peter Ebdon 5-4 David Grace
Joe Perry 5-4 Barry Pinches

7pm

Fergal O'Brien 5-0 Rod Lawler
Marcus Campbell 5-4 Ken Doherty
Anthony Hamilton 3-5 Jimmy Robertson
Marco Fu 5-4 Mark Joyce
Barry Hawkins 5-4 Dave Harold

Postby Wildey

Its Interesting and at the same time a bit disappointing that only 3 players outside the Top 32 seeds that made it to Shanghai and one of them is 54 and another is 36.

i know some will point to the Tier System for that and to a degree i agree however you cant blame it all on that.

younger players has to step up to the plate or in a 4 years we will be looking at Top 32 with about 12 40+ players there.

even in the early 80s when you had the Likes of Charlton and Reardon in the Top 32 there was only about 10 40+