Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

As much as I want the MOD to do well, I well he might be a bit out his depth against with Gilbert. Seems like that Crucible run has inspired him. Might finally be able to climb the rankings. He doesn't really deserve to be down in the 50s/60s.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:As much as I want the MOD to do well, I well he might be a bit out his depth against with Gilbert. Seems like that Crucible run has inspired him. Might finally be able to climb the rankings. He doesn't really deserve to be down in the 50s/60s.

thats what happens when youve got a duff biased flawed ranking system <ok>

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:As much as I want the MOD to do well, I well he might be a bit out his depth against with Gilbert. Seems like that Crucible run has inspired him. Might finally be able to climb the rankings. He doesn't really deserve to be down in the 50s/60s.

That's what happens when you don't practise enough, like Gilbert admitted he didn't.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 14th of June

2.30pm

Dave Harold 5-4 Sam Baird
Nigel Bond 5-2 Michael Wasley
Anthony McGill 5-3 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Jimmy Robertson 4-5 James Wattana
Jimmy White scr Liam Highfield w/o

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

are you really this thick ?

please explain how a system means Harold beat Baird in a one on one match ???????????????????

so had they met in a flat system Baird would have beaten Harold :? :chin:

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

are you really this thick ?

please explain how a system means Harold beat Baird in a one on one match ???????????????????

so had they met in a flat system Baird would have beaten Harold :? :chin:

who was talking about that game rubbish for brains <doh>

we were talking about Gilbert being so low down the rankings

i said if guys down there were properly rewarded (ie. same starter points per event, flatter draw) then theyd stand half a chance

Postby Skullman

Gilbert is so low in the rankings because, like he admitted during his Crucible press conference, he has a bad attitude and didn't practise as much as he should've. If you do that you'll be lower than your ability deserves regardless of the system.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Gilbert is so low in the rankings because, like he admitted during his Crucible press conference, he has a bad attitude and didn't practise as much as he should've. If you do that you'll be lower than your ability deserves regardless of the system.

Tier System has very little to do why players drop down i thought tier system was meant to protect players Well Davis,White,Drago,Doherty,Swail,Mcmanus,McCulloch etc etc etc wouldn't agree with that.

OK its meant to mean its Harder to Climbe But if those Players i named dropped down Someone had to replace them.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Gilbert is so low in the rankings because, like he admitted during his Crucible press conference, he has a bad attitude and didn't practise as much as he should've. If you do that you'll be lower than your ability deserves regardless of the system.

Tier System has very little to do why players drop down i thought tier system was meant to protect players Well Davis,White,Drago,Doherty,Swail,Mcmanus,McCulloch etc etc etc wouldn't agree with that.

OK its meant to mean its Harder to Climbe But if those Players i named dropped down Someone had to replace them.

things would happen quicker and more fairly under a new ranking system

the teired one even on a rolling basis still offers protection and favours guys higher up than lower down.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

the teired one even on a rolling basis still offers protection and favours guys higher up than lower down.

After the First Round 14 out of 26 so far Loose their Opening Match and getting half points that's more than 50% so how does that Favor the highest Rank ?

im not saying the Tier system is perfect but you really are in Wallysville if you think the tier system Helps the highest Ranked Player you got to win the matches it really is that simple.

Postby Skullman

Great clearance from Gilbert :hatoff: The MOD was completely outmatched today. Gilbert just has Burnett left to get to another venue. Plus with all the top16 players missing he might have a chance for another run. Didn't he make the last16 in Australia last time?

Postby kenneth79

Skullman wrote:Great clearance from Gilbert :hatoff: The MOD was completely outmatched today. Gilbert just has Burnett left to get to another venue. Plus with all the top16 players missing he might have a chance for another run. Didn't he make the last16 in Australia last time?

Yes but I think he only played a WC in the R32 because someone withdrew. Then he lost to MJW. Anyway, Burnett will be a harder challenge tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Alan McManus 3-2 Tony Drago
Ben Woollaston 1-4 Barry Pinches
Liu Chuang 3-2 Pankaj Advani
Gerard Greene 2-2 Rod Lawler
David Gilbert 5-0 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

After the First Round 14 out of 26 so far Loose their Opening Match and getting half points that's more than 50% so how does that Favor the highest Rank ?

im not saying the Tier system is perfect but you really are in Wallysville if you think the tier system Helps the highest Ranked Player you got to win the matches it really is that simple.

<doh>

im gonna have to explain this is in simplistic terms for the juniors here i think <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

<doh>

im gonna have to explain this is in simplistic terms for the juniors here i think <doh>

go on explain away then because theres holes all over your bucking theary

if Rod the plod made it from round 1 why cant others ????????????????????

Postby randam05

But isnt he just quality!

He said hes changed his attitude recently and its certainly showing. His display at the crucible was immense, qualified for a lot of venues and is winning a lot of matches. Good stuff!

Postby Skullman

randam05 wrote:

He said hes changed his attitude recently and its certainly showing. His display at the crucible was immense, qualified for a lot of venues and is winning a lot of matches. Good stuff!

Define 'a lot' .

Apart from that it is nice to see him doing well. He was so close to beating Marcus Campbell last week and he's in the final qualifying round again tomorrow.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Define 'a lot' .

Apart from that it is nice to see him doing well. He was so close to beating Marcus Campbell last week and he's in the final qualifying round again tomorrow.

If you qualify for the crucible, and get to a lot of final qualifying rounds from stage 1, theres no doubt you are quality. He deserves to be in the 32, not sure about 16 yet, he will need to improve his safety game. Would love to see him succeed. Definitely one for the big stage!

Postby kenneth79

randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Define 'a lot' .

If you qualify for the crucible, and get to a lot of final qualifying rounds from stage 1, theres no doubt you are quality. He deserves to be in the 32, not sure about 16 yet, he will need to improve his safety game. Would love to see him succeed. Definitely one for the big stage!

I think he`ll reach the 25-40 bracket as he`s got minimal points coming off. To reach higher than that he has to seriously improve his safety/tactics. Anyway he`s one of my favourite players lower down the ranks!

Postby Wildey

Friday 15th of June

10am

Jamie Jones v Matthew Selt streamed
Ryan Day v Michael White streamed
Fergal O'Brien v Xiao Guodong
Liang Wenbo v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ken Doherty v Michael Wild
Anthony Hamilton scr Cao Yupeng w/o

2.30pm

Jack Lisowski v Dave Harold
Mark King v Nigel Bond
Marcus Campbell v Anthony McGill
Tom Ford v James Wattana streamed
Michael Holt v Liam Highfield streamed

7pm

Robert Milkins v Alan McManus streamed
Rory McLeod v Barry Pinches
Jamie Cope v Liu Chuang streamed
Marco Fu v Gerard Greene
Jamie Burnett v David Gilbert

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:Friday 15th of June

10am

Jamie Jones v Matthew Selt streamed[color=#0241Co]COME ON JONES[/color]
Ryan Day v Michael White streamedCOME ON WHITE
Fergal O'Brien v Xiao GuodongCOME ON XIAO
Liang Wenbo v Thanawat TirapongpaiboonCOME ON TT
Ken Doherty v Michael WildCOME ON WILD (ONLY TIME ILL EVER SAY THAT)
Anthony Hamilton scr Cao Yupeng w/oGO COW, EASY EASY

2.30pm

Jack Lisowski v Dave HaroldGO JACK
Mark King v Nigel Bond <doh> <doh> <doh>
Marcus Campbell v Anthony McGillGO ANTS
Tom Ford v James Wattana streamedGO WATTANA
Michael Holt v Liam Highfield streamedGO LIAM

7pm

Robert Milkins v Alan McManus streamedGO ANGLES
Rory McLeod v Barry Pinches :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart:
Jamie Cope v Liu Chuang streamedGO LOOOOOO
Marco Fu v Gerard GreeneMON MARCO
Jamie Burnett v David Gilbert
CMON GILBERT

FINGERS CROSSED MY PREDICITONS ABOVE ARE TRUE AND THE DEADWOOD ARE SLAYED, WOULD BE A GREAT BOOST FOR THE TOURNY IN AUSSIE WITH SO MANY BIG NAMES MISSING, TO SEE A MIX OF NEW PLAYERS, RATHER THAN THE SAME STAKE OLD JOURNEYMEN THERE

Postby Wildey

Jamie Jones 2-1 Matthew Selt
Ryan Day 1-2 Michael White-
Fergal O'Brien 1-1 Xiao Guodong
Liang Wenbo 2-1 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ken Doherty 3-0 Michael Wild
Anthony Hamilton scr Cao Yupeng w/o

Postby Cheesyman99

Am I right in thinking the amatuers get absolutely no prize money no matter how far they go?
If that's the case then I'd guess Michael Wild will be quite relieved to lose 5-0 as I'd imagine he wouldn't fancy flying all the way to Australia while abusing his bank balance. Bit stupid from World Snooker