Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Andy Hicks 1-2 Sam Baird
Yu De Lu 1-3 Michael Wasley
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-2 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 2-1 Fraser Patrick
Liam Highfield 3-1 Ian Burns

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
Witz78 wrote:He takes longer over a shot than Robbo, Selby and Rory combined. No wonder his young opponents get bored and lose the plot.
He epitomises everything thats wrong with snooker. Even the bloody name!

<doh>

You appear to epitomise everything that's wrong with so-called fans of the game.

If he bores you don't watch him or find some meds for your ADD.

One other idea to help out the poor ADD fans....record the broadcast and watch it at 4x speed on your player

yea but seriously mate i like any kind of match but there are more appealing match this evening 2 in fact. i seriously question the ability of some people that's running streaming its as if they have not got a clue.

Postby Sickpotter

I don't know what the criteria is for deciding which matches get broadcast.....anyone know?

I agree that it'd be nice to always show the entertaining players but I'd expect the decision does involve player ranking and the two highest ranking players would typically get the nod, they've earned the exposure through results.

Postby randam05

kenneth79 wrote:
sigsky wrote:Anyone else think Sam Baird looks a bit like a hobbit?

Hadnt thought of it but now that you mention it. rofl :gag: Anyway hes a decent little player!

Hey dont insult my fellow devonian! COME ON SAM!

hes proving a very good player, along with wasley :D

Postby Monique

Sickpotter wrote:I don't know what the criteria is for deciding which matches get broadcast.....anyone know?

I agree that it'd be nice to always show the entertaining players but I'd expect the decision does involve player ranking and the two highest ranking players would typically get the nod, they've earned the exposure through results.

Well as at this stage of the season everyone under 64 is shown as being "unranked" until the next cut-off (their points if they earned any in former seasons were scrapped) I wonder who you worked that out.

Postby Sickpotter

I didn't work it out Monique, I have no idea what the actual criteria is.

My expectation would be that player ranking would play a part in the decision as the exposure is earned.

Another possibility would be that the sponsors would have a say in which match is shown, depending on what product they sell they may elect to choose a lower ranked player who fits their product demographic.

Any insight you have into the process would be interesting Monique, please let us know.

Postby Wildey

Andy Hicks 2-4 Sam Baird
Yu De Lu 2-4 Michael Wasley
Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-3 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 4-2 Fraser Patrick
Liam Highfield 4-2 Ian Burns

Postby Wildey

Andy Hicks 3-5 Sam Baird
Yu De Lu 2-5 Michael Wasley
Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-4 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 5-2 Fraser Patrick
Liam Highfield 5-2 Ian Burns

Postby Wildey

Michael Wasley pro career been a while Coming but hes already won 3 matches this season that's the total Daniel wells won throughout the 2011/2012 season.

Postby randam05

Wild WC wrote:Michael Wasley pro career been a while Coming but hes already won 3 matches this season that's the total Daniel wells won throughout the 2011/2012 season.

I was just thinking he is doing very well :-) Keep it up Michael! Deserve it <cool>

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 13th of June

2.30pm

Andy Hicks 3-5 Sam Baird
Yu De Lu 2-5 Michael Wasley
Dechawat Poomjaeng 5-4 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 5-2 Fraser Patrick
Liam Highfield 5-2 Ian Burns

Postby kenneth79

A word on Rod the Plod. As much as I hate his play there is something perversely impressive about him. He chews and spits out these hapless youngsters with his snail-paced play and good safety/tactics. The limitations of many youngsters are glaringly exposed against such players.

Of course all of this does not prevent Lawler from being manhandled every time he reaches to play a top 16 player.

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:Mark Joyce the latest poor soul to get Lawlered. 3-0 down. #prayforjoyce

yea But thats Part of Snooker Adapting from one type to another and that type of player is tough to play against. people say 90s was weak but back in the early 90s there was 20 to 30 Lawler style player that you had to beat to move forward Players so far this season are Found Wanting.

Postby Sickpotter

Cheesyman99 wrote:Mark Joyce the latest poor soul to get Lawlered. 3-0 down. #prayforjoyce

LOL!!!

I pray Mark Joyce learns the safety and tactics necessary to overcome strong tactical players.

Honestly the "up and coming" players need these kind of beatings to help develop a solid all around game.

If they can't adapt they're not top drawer and need to work on their game, plain and simple.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

yea But thats Part of Snooker Adapting from one type to another and that type of player is tough to play against. people say 90s was weak but back in the early 90s there was 20 to 30 Lawler style player that you had to beat to move forward Players so far this season are Found Wanting.

except the 20 or 30 Lawler style players were in the top 32 back then <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

except the 20 or 30 Lawler style players were in the top 32 back then <doh>

there was more of them you dim witted scotish pin end.

of course they were in the top 32 it took special players to retire them todays players would have not got anywhere in attempting it.

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:Counting Q School Lawler has just won his ELEVENTH match in a row. He's won 50 of his last 68 frames, just ridiculous!
Get your bets on now. WC 2013 - Rod Lawler, playing his own brand of 'very naughty snooker'

rofl

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:Anyone else notice Jimmy has pulled out of Australia?

Yeh as this is only a small ranker he can afford to skip it to be honest, even guys like Jimmy will start to plan their calendars now id say, picking and choosing events not just exclusive to the top 16 <ok>

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:buck RIGHT OFF PINCHES

FLUKING IT ON A BLACK BALL

THESE YOUNG PLAYERS ARE ALL BOTTLER JOBS THOUGH DOH!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Is Mehta young?

Did pinches fluke the black?