Post a reply

Re: Wuxi Classic Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:So are Higgins and Ronnie the only top 16 pull outs?

Do we know who has pulled out of Australia?

David Hendon said that "most" of the top 16 opted out. "Most", so there must be at least 9 of them unless he got his maths wrong.
I would say that the only certainties in Australia are Robertson (obviously), Bingham (defending champ), Walden and Gould (because their top 16 spot is under threat to an extend and because Gould told me he was going ;-) ) Other than that I wouldn't bet on anyone to be a cert , although the "good boys" Murphy and Selby are likely to go as well.

Do you think Selby will be recovered in time? A trip to Oz with a bad neck - that would be painful.

Well he's in China now for promo work, so I suppose he's getting better although he said he's been mainly resting until now and will start practicing soon, hoping he will be ok.

Postby GER147

Wild WC wrote:Hossein Vafaei Ayouri v Q School 1=Adrian Gunnell
Tian Pengfei v Q School 2=Fraser Patrick ?
Ben Judge v Q School 3=Duane Jones ?
Craig Steadman v Q School 4=Michael Wild

Has this been confirmed?

Postby gallantrabbit

Good boys Monique? That's a bit condescending. I'd give these two fellows every credit for embracing the new reality of the sport. Ie promoting it in far flung places where the game could take off.

Postby Wildey

GER147 wrote:

Has this been confirmed?

Well Gunnell was 3rd on The Q School Rankings and Wild was 9th as for the other 2 they were Level so dont know

Postby GER147

Wild WC wrote:
GER147 wrote:

Has this been confirmed?

Well Gunnell was 3rd on The Q School Rankings and Wild was 9th as for the other 2 they were Level so dont know

Cheers... Does anyone know? :roll:

Postby Roland

World Snooker might know, but then again they may be making it up as they go along not bargaining for folk like us who actually care.

Postby Monique

gallantrabbit wrote:Good boys Monique? That's a bit condescending. I'd give these two fellows every credit for embracing the new reality of the sport. Ie promoting it in far flung places where the game could take off.

it's just a bit of :stir:

Postby Wildey

GER147 wrote:I asked them on Twitter... Still waiting on a reply!

Its a simple enough question hardly going to take much of their time to answer it and matt has asked for a long time for ranking confirmation regarding Points deduction and hes still waiting hence my observation IVAN = banker

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
GER147 wrote:I asked them on Twitter... Still waiting on a reply!

Its a simple enough question hardly going to take much of their time to answer it and matt has asked for a long time for ranking confirmation regarding Points deduction and hes still waiting hence my observation IVAN = banker

Ivan is the press officer, not the one who takes the decisions about tariffs, cut-offs and rankings. He's probably waiting for info just as much as we do.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:as press officer he can do better than say nothing ffs.

True, but he would probably get just as much stick if he answered that he doesn't know… ;-)

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:personally i think Security Man Mark should be booted out of World Snooker for his poor service down the years

What poor service? The man even accepted once to have a picture taken with you. He's a hero! :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:personally i think Security Man Mark should be booted out of World Snooker for his poor service down the years

What poor service? The man even accepted once to have a picture taken with you. He's a hero! :happy:

"What poor service? The man even accepted once to have a picture taken with you. He's a hero!"
LMAO!,you,re humour is improving Monique,i liked that one!. ;-) <ok> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

The 4 Outstanding First Round Matches involving Amataur Players are

Hossein Vafaei Ayouri v Fraser Patrick
Tian Pengfei v Duane Jones
Ben Judge v Adrian Gunnell
Craig Steadman v Michael Wild

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Mehta/Baird should be streamed from the morning session, forget Drago FFS. <ok>

should,could,would honest to god after some of their streaming decitions last season pinches v lawler could be a future streamed match lol

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:So are Higgins and Ronnie the only top 16 pull outs?

Do we know who has pulled out of Australia?

David Hendon said that "most" of the top 16 opted out. "Most", so there must be at least 9 of them unless he got his maths wrong.
I would say that the only certainties in Australia are Robertson (obviously), Bingham (defending champ), Walden and Gould (because their top 16 spot is under threat to an extend and because Gould told me he was going ;-) ) Other than that I wouldn't bet on anyone to be a cert , although the "good boys" Murphy and Selby are likely to go as well.

Monique,Selby is no "good boy",I can recall when he did a fist pump against your pumpkin Ronnie at The Masters 2010!. :no: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:I'd have guessed it would be the Advani v Chen match given the time

its a toss up TBF between Drago and that match but second guessing World Snooker is tough.

Postby Skullman

Streams confirmed by Dave Hendon

Drago vs Sean O'Sullivan, Brecel vs Wells for 10am
Thirapongpaiboon vs Burns, Pengfei vs Duane Jones for 2:30pm
Maflin vs O'Neill, Yupeng vs Walker for 7pm

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 5th of June

10am

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Robbie Williams
Aditya Mehta v Sam Baird
Pankaj Advani v Chen Zhe
Tony Drago v Sean O'Sullivan Streaming
Luca Brecel v Daniel Wells Streaming
Hossein Vafaei Ayouri v Fraser Patrick

2.30pm

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon v Ian BurnsStreaming
Zhang Anda v Rod Lawler
Tian Pengfei v Duane Jones Streaming
David Grace v Martin O'Donnell
Ben Judge v Adrian Gunnell

7pm

Michael Leslie v Paul Davison
Liam Highfield v Michael Wasley
Kurt Maflin v Jamie O'NeillStreaming
Craig Steadman v Michael Wild
Cao Yupeng v Joel Walker Streaming

i Guessed 4 out of 6 Right its a mistake the 7pm match i think Highfield v Wasley was a must that session :td:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Skullman wrote:Streams confirmed by Dave Hendon

Drago vs Sean O'Sullivan, Brecel vs Wells for 10am 1 rubbish, 1 GREAT
Thirapongpaiboon vs Burns, Pengfei vs Duane Jones for 2:30pm 2 x NON-PLUSSED
Maflin vs O'Neill, Yupeng vs Walker for 7pm 2 GOOD UNS

<ok>

you are joking Maflin v O'Neill will be the most uncompetative match of the round maflin 5-0

Postby Wildey

Hossein Vafaei Ayouri Has withdrawn whitch means Fraser Patrick gets a walkover and a match against Mark Joyce at 10am Tomorrow