Post a reply

Re: UK Players Tour Championship 3 Discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:buck RIGHT OFF

BET SWSA ARE GLAD THERE ENDING THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH PTCS AFTER A JOKE FIGURE LIKE THIS WINS A SUPPOSED ELITE EVENT

If the 'elite' want to win, they have to put the effort in. Rod was beatable but none of the top16/former ranking event winners could stop him.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
Witz78 wrote:REAL SNOOKER only for me and most in the future

Hmm... So does this mean from now on you'll only be watching the Premier League, Snooker Shootout and Power Snooker?

rofl rofl rofl <cool> rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:if PTCs werent a joke, then they are now.

REAL SNOOKER only for me and most in the future

your a bucking joke you scotish hammer.

players has to beat these journeyman

what you want is for players to roll over and die how pathetic is that you moronic stupid git

Postby Wildey

Thank you skullman for Keeping this thread sane and updated

Last 16

Marco Fu 4-0 Ricky Walden
Allister Carter 4-2 Chen Zhe
Shaun Murphy 4-3 Jamie Cope
Robert Milkins 4-1 Judd Trump
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Gould 3-4 Stephen Lee
Rod Lawler 4-3
Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty 3-4 Fergal O'Brien
Ben Woollaston 2-4 Dominic Dale

Quarter Finals

Marco Fu 4-2 Allister Carter
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Robert Milkins
Stephen Lee 3-4 Rod Lawler
Fergal O'Brien 0-4 Dominic Dale

Semi Finals

Marco Fu 4-0 Shaun Murphy
Rod Lawler 4-0 Dominic Dale

Final

Marco Fu 2-4 Rod Lawler

Ronnie O Sullivan lost to a bucking Amataur that Rod beat so he deserved this win and any hammer who say differently are talking through their bucking baboons shiny behinds...as per normal with some sausage heads on here.

Postby Monique

PTCs are played over 2 days (3 but individual players play over 2 days) and during those two days they play possibly 7 matches and 49 frames with a very, very demanding schedule. Anyone who thinks they are easy to win or a lottery should come to one a see by themselves. They are very hard and very competitive. That BTW is why I think they should be better rewarded, a lot better actually, that's my main issue with the PTC.

Rod Lawler deserves every respect and a lot of praise. Here is a man who dropped off the tour last April, who at 40+ had the courage and humility to enter the Q-School and re-qualify through it. He can only have achieved it through determination, hard work and a profound love of the game. He's now won a tournament for the first time of his career and I hope he will enjoy his moment and that it will give him a boost and that he gets more of the same.
Yes, he's slow, but anyone having seen him play knows he's not negative or wasting time. It's his natural pace and his shot selection is actually quite attacking. People will call him a "journeyman", well those "journeymen" are essential to the sport. You don't build a sport on only a handful of "stars". Some have called him "deadwood", well that "deadwood" is burning with desire to win and it's great to see.

Very, very well done Rod.

Postby vodkadiet

Would Lawler win a real ranking event? He has benefitted from the fact that players couldn't give 2 shags about PTC's.

These events are drivel, and Barry Hearn is drivel. Snooker needs to find a new direction. It shouldn't be hanging its coat on these 'Dregs of Humanity' events.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Would Lawler win a real ranking event? He has benefitted from the fact that players couldn't give 2 shags about PTC's.

These events are drivel, and Barry Hearn is drivel. Snooker needs to find a new direction. It shouldn't be hanging its coat on these 'Dregs of Humanity' events.

Dont talk rubbish Ronnie has won 2 PTC. Trump has won 3, Robbo has won 2 and Selby has won 2 Most PTC has been won by Top Players just Because Rod has won its opened the floodgates to shitsville and all the crap known to man Pours out and Stinks the whole place out.

Postby Roland

Maybe people like you vodka and Witz should get their baboons shiny behinds down and watch one of these events to see how good they are for yourselves instead of slagging them off.

Before the PTCs there was NEVER a time when all professionals would be in the same place and able to mingle with each other like they do at PTCs. And the best of 7 format is ample to play well and if the other guy stomps all over you without giving you a chance then you've got to say fair play and onto the next one. The players who win do not fluke it. OK so some top players don't take them that seriously but that's their problem. I know that Robbo, Ding, Judd and Selby were beaten fair and square by good players who deserved to beat them and that's why you didn't have a big name in the final. Rod Lawler is a form player at the minute, since qualifying through Q School he's won plenty of qualifiers and sits probably top of the players on 0 points at the start of the season.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Maybe people like you vodka and Witz should get their baboons shiny behinds down and watch one of these events to see how good they are for yourselves instead of slagging them off.

Before the PTCs there was NEVER a time when all professionals would be in the same place and able to mingle with each other like they do at PTCs. And the best of 7 format is ample to play well and if the other guy stomps all over you without giving you a chance then you've got to say fair play and onto the next one. The players who win do not fluke it. OK so some top players don't take them that seriously but that's their problem. I know that Robbo, Ding, Judd and Selby were beaten fair and square by good players who deserved to beat them and that's why you didn't have a big name in the final. Rod Lawler is a form player at the minute, since qualifying through Q School he's won plenty of qualifiers and sits probably top of the players on 0 points at the start of the season.

:bowdown:

I agree you almost have to go to them to appreciate them :spot on:

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Maybe people like you vodka and Witz should get their baboons shiny behinds down and watch one of these events to see how good they are for yourselves instead of slagging them off.

you dont really need to go anywhere to realise Witz and Vodka talkes marmite.

Witz has had a rude awaking that actually the Barry Hearn play a Lot era has actually Helped the Journeymen when he thought it would Cull them to ZERO.

Rod Lawler turned pro in 1990 the same time as Doherty and Mcmanus and he Fell off tour at the end of 2011/2012 season only to come back and won his first Pro Event.

Fair play to him hardly his fault standards not as high down the Rankings even top of the Rankings that means he can now flourish

its up to Younger players to knock him off tour if they not good enough to do it then tough he stays and Rightly So.

Postby Wildey

Results

Amateur Round 1

Darren Bond 4-1 Rees Carter
Fraser Patrick 4-1 Kishan Hirani
Ben Harrison 4-1 Hans Blanckaert
Jordan Winbourne w/o Marc Robertson
Brandon Sargeant 1-4 Eden Sharav
Marc J Davis 2-4 Oliver Lines
Christopher Keogan 4-1 Wayne Townsend
Sydney Wilson 3-4 Darrell Whitworth
Kyren Wilson 4-0 David Singh
Joe O'Conor 4-2 Franky McGovern
George Marter 0-4 Shane Castle
Liam Monk 4-2 Garry Steele
Itaro Santos 4-1 William Lemons
Dessie Sheehan 4-3 Robert Tickner
Ricky Norris 4-0 Greg Davis
Gareth Green 4-0 Craig Barber
Scott Bell 4-1 Anthony Harris
Edward Topham 1-4 Andy Marriott
Oliver Brown 4-0 Lewis Frampton
Jon Steele 0-4 Stuart Carrington
Jake Nicholson 1-4 Ian Glover
Henry Roper 3-4 Jamie Gibson
Jack Bradford 0-4 Rhys Clark
Gareth Allen 4-0 Elliot Slessor
Marc Harman 4-3 Adam Edge
Hassan Miah 3-4 Callum Downing

Amateur Round 2

Alex Taubman 4-3 Darren Bond
Jamie Rhys Clarke 2-4 Fraser Patrick
Rhys Mears 0-4 Ben Harrison
Ben Fortey 4-2 Jordan Winbourne
Daniel Ward 2-4 Eden Sharav
Zak Surety 4-2 Steve Ventham
Phil O'Kane 2-4 Oliver Lines
Gavin Lewis 0-4 Mitchel Mann
Andrew Milliard 4-0 Christopher Keogan
Gareth Potts scr Darrell Whitworth w/o
Adam Bobat 1-4 Kyren Wilson
Reanne Evans 4-0 Joe O'Conor
Harvey Chandler 4-2 Shane Castle
Ryan Causton 4-2 Liam Monk
Adam Wicheard 4-1 Itaro Santos
Nico Elton 4-0 Dessie Sheehan
Sachin Plaha 0-4 Matthew Day
Chris Wakelin 3-4 Ricky Norris
Tom Maxfield 2-4 Gareth Green
Sam Harvey 4-1 Scott Bell
Louis Heathcote 4-2 Andy Marriott
Samuel Thistlewhite 4-2 Oliver Brown
Nick Jennings 0-4 Stuart Carrington
Chris Norbury 3-4 Ian Glover
Hassan Abdalla scr Jamie Gibson w/o
Sanderson Lam 4-0 Sean James
Ross Muir 1-4 Rhys Clark
Richard Remelie 4-2 Gareth Allen
Ben Jones 4-0 Marc Harman
James Cahill 2-4 Callum Downing

Last 128

Stephen Maguire 2-4 Marco Fu
Robbie Williams 4-0 Barry Pinches
Matthew Stevens 4-0 Alex Taubman
Mark J Williams 4-1 Fraser Patrick
Luca Brecel 4-3 Ben Harrison
Xiao Guodong 4-1 Ben Fortey
Ryan Day 4-2 Joel Walker
Ricky Walden 4-0 Ben Judge
Barry Hawkins 4-3 Tony Drago
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Mitchel Mann
Mark Joyce 4-1 Michael Wasley
Mark King 4-0 Andrew Milliard
John Astley 4-0 Darrell Whitworth
Jamie Cope 4-1 Mike Dunn
Jamie Burnett 4-3 Kyren Wilson
Andrew Norman 1-4 Reanne Evans
Robert Milkins 4-0 Harvey Chandler
Dave Harold 4-1 Ryan Causton
Mark Davis 4-1 Adam Wicheard
Jamie Jones 4-0 Nico Elton
Anthony Hamilton 0-4 Zhang Anda
Judd Trump 4-1 Anthony McGill
Joe Swail 4-1 Passakorn Suwannawat
Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-1 Matthew Day
Martin Gould 4-2 Ricky Norris
Craig Steadman 4-2 Gareth Green
Marcus Campbell 4-1 Sam Harvey
Rory McLeod 4-2 Louis Heathcote
Peter Lines 4-2 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Michael Wild 0-4 Stephen Lee
John Higgins 4-1 Samuel Thistlewhite
Alfie Burden 4-3 Martin O'Donnell
Simon Bedford 4-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Li Yan 0-4 Adam Duffy
Jak Jones 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Rod Lawler 4-1
Ian Glover
Cao Yupeng 3-4 Peter Ebdon
Alan McManus 4-3
Matthew Selt
Neil Robertson 4-2 Michael Leslie
Stuart Bingham 4-0 David Gilbert
Mark Allen 4-0 Jamie Gibson
Ken Doherty 4-0 Sanderson Lam
Yu DeLu 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
Scott Donaldson 0-4 Ding Junhui
Gary Wilson 4-0
Rhys Clark
Andrew Pagett 0-4 Fergal O'Brien
Paul Davison 4-3
Tom Ford
Michael Holt 4-2 Gerard Greene
David Grace 4-2 Richard Remelie
Ben Wollaston 4-0 Ben Jones
Liu Chuang 4-2 Callum Downing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 0-4 Steve Davis
Dominic Dale 4-3 Daniel Wells
Allan Taylor 3-4 Jamie O'Neill
James Wattana 4-2
Andy Hicks
Mark Selby 4-2 Liam Highfield

Last 64

Marco Fu 4-2 Robbie Williams
Matthew Stevens 0-4 Mark J Williams
Luca Brecel 1-4 Xiao Guodong
Ryan Day 1-4 Ricky Walden
Liang Wenbo 4-3 Michael White
Aditya Mehta 1-4 Allister Carter
Zak Surety 4-2 Oliver Lines
Chen Zhe 4-2 Ian Burns
Barry Hawkins 3-4 Shaun Murphy
Mark Joyce 3-4 Mark King
John Astley 0-4 Jamie Cope
Jamie Burnett 4-0 Reanne Evans
Robert Milkins 4-0 Dave Harold
Mark Davis 4-3 Jamie Jones
Zhang Anda 0-4 Judd Trump
Joe Swail 4-1 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Martin Gould 4-3 Craig Steadman
Marcus Campbell 2-4 Rory McLeod
Peter Lines 2-4 Stephen Lee
John Higgins 1-4 Alfie Burden
Simon Bedford 4-3
Adam Duffy
Stuart Carrington 1-4 Rod Lawler
Peter Ebdon 3-4 Alan McManus
Neil Robertson 0-4 Stuart Bingham
Mark Allen 3-4 Ken Doherty
Yu DeLu 3-4 Ding Junhui
Gary Wilson 0-4 Fergal O'Brien
Paul Davison 0-4 Michael Holt
David Grace 3-4 Ben Wollaston
Liu Chuang 3-4 Steve Davis
Dominic Dale 4-1 Jamie O'Neill
James Wattana 2-4 Mark Selby

Last 32

Marco Fu 4-0 Mark J Williams
Xiao Guodong 1-4 Ricky Walden
Liang Wenbo 1-4 Allister Carter
Zak Surety 1-4 Chen Zhe
Shaun Murphy 4-3 Mark King
Jamie Cope 4-1 Jamie Burnett
Robert Milkins 4-2 Mark Davis
Judd Trump 4-2 Joe Swail
Martin Gould 4-3 Rory McLeod
Stephen Lee 4-0 Alfie Burden
Simon Bedford 2-4 Rod Lawler
Alan McManus 3-4 Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty 4-2 Ding Junhui
Fergal O'Brien 4-2 Michael Holt
Ben Wollaston 4-1 Steve Davis
Dominic Dale 4-2 Mark Selby

Last 16

Marco Fu 4-0 Ricky Walden
Allister Carter 4-2 Chen Zhe
Shaun Murphy 4-3 Jamie Cope
Robert Milkins 4-1 Judd Trump
Martin Gould 3-4 Stephen Lee
Rod Lawler 4-3
Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty 3-4 Fergal O'Brien
Ben Woollaston 2-4 Dominic Dale

Quarter Finals

Marco Fu 4-2 Allister Carter
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Robert Milkins
Stephen Lee 3-4 Rod Lawler
Fergal O'Brien 0-4 Dominic Dale

Semi Finals

Marco Fu 4-0 Shaun Murphy
Rod Lawler 4-0 Dominic Dale

Final

Marco Fu 2-4 Rod Lawler

Postby gaz147

Reading some of these comments about Rod has snake hissed me right off. Clearly you know naf all about snooker if you make such comments. Rod is also one of the nicest guys you can wish to meet, never heard him say a bad word about anyone and all he gets is a slagging off for winning? He knows more about snooker than most on that tour and his hard work and dedication has paid off after all these years.

Don't know what else you have to do to get praise and congratulations off some people for doing well. It's good to see new winners as well. Good for the game. There would be no game if it wasn't for players like Rod.

Rant over.

x

Postby Wildey

gaz147 wrote:Reading some of these comments about Rod has snake hissed me right off. Clearly you know naf all about snooker if you make such comments. Rod is also one of the nicest guys you can wish to meet, never heard him say a bad word about anyone and all he gets is a slagging off for winning? He knows more about snooker than most on that tour and his hard work and dedication has paid off after all these years.

Don't know what else you have to do to get praise and congratulations off some people for doing well. It's good to see new winners as well. Good for the game. There would be no game if it wasn't for players like Rod.

Rant over.

x

well said <ok>

and its great seeing young players appreciating a different way of playing.

it would be a boring tour with 96 Ronnies playing......well for starters nobody would be playing in some events :redneck:

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:

Mate, ive been to about 16 or 17 tournaments in the last 5 years so ive prob been to a lot more live snooker than most people have.

I'll be attending the 3 days of the Glasgow PTC in December (unless SMM ejects me) :afro: so i will see for myself what these events are like.

Im all for players playing more, im Hearns biggest fan from day one unlike most and i support him fully. As for the PTCs i do think they do a good service for getting players playing and amateurs involved too, but ultimately i see them as the Challenger equivalent in tennis, and over time i expect less and less top players to play in them or take them seriously, once the advent of more full rankers (espec. in Europe) happens.

Postby Witz78

gaz147 wrote:Reading some of these comments about Rod has snake hissed me right off. Clearly you know naf all about snooker if you make such comments. Rod is also one of the nicest guys you can wish to meet, never heard him say a bad word about anyone and all he gets is a slagging off for winning? He knows more about snooker than most on that tour and his hard work and dedication has paid off after all these years.

Rant over.

x

Fair play to the guy for sticking in and eventually getting his moment of glory and all that BUT

i love snooker but ive no qualms about slagging off the guy or anyone else

Lets face it, Rods hardly exactly going to be more than a journeyman at best, and hes hardly exactly the most exciting player in the world (yes, i know the games all about winning at all costs) or the most exciting person, so hes hardly someone whos going to do much for snooker as a whole in terms of popularity or appeal. Not his fault though.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Mate, ive been to about 16 or 17 tournaments in the last 5 years so ive prob been to a lot more live snooker than most people have.

I'll be attending the 3 days of the Glasgow PTC in December (unless SMM ejects me) :afro: so i will see for myself what these events are like.

Im all for players playing more, im Hearns biggest fan from day one unlike most and i support him fully. As for the PTCs i do think they do a good service for getting players playing and amateurs involved too, but ultimately i see them as the Challenger equivalent in tennis, and over time i expect less and less top players to play in them or take them seriously, once the advent of more full rankers (espec. in Europe) happens.

if Randam went to one tournament in 20 years he would probably see more Live Snooker than you have in 16 events in 5 years.

there might be cues and snooker tables in a brothel but im sure the balls that's being played in there has more of a resemblance to billiards.