Post a reply

Re: UK Players Tour Championship 1 Discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby SteveJJ

I can't think back as to how much notice Igor had to sort it out between qualifying and the first tournament. Probably more than Ziegler and Khairy - probably a similar amount to Ayouri. Perhaps in that sense, its easier to get a visa if you're Brazilian rather than Iranian.

Having said that, we don't know when Ayouri applied for a visa, he may have wanted to make sure he had enough funding to finance a season on the tour before applying. He may have applied straight away and its with the authorities and thats the hold up. Trouble is we don't know where the fault lies - it's all just speculation.

I only hope they do get support from World Snooker on how to apply and how long it takes so people are not genuinely caught out.
Last edited by SteveJJ on 19 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:I can't think back as to how much notice Igor had to sort it out between qualifying and the first tournament. Probably more than Ziegler and Khairy - probably a similar amount to Ayouri. Perhaps in that sense, its easier to get a visa if you're Brazilian rather than Iranian.

Having said that, we don't know when Ayouri applied for a visa, he may have wanted to make sure he had enough funding to finance a season on the tour before applying. He may have applied straight away and its with the authorities and thats the hold up. Trouble is we don't know where the fault lies - it's all just speculation.

I only hope they do get support from World Snooker on how to apply and how long it takes so people are not genuinely caught out.

Goes Back to what i said then Let them have time to work out how they going to do it get papers sorted and Join the Tour in 12 months time.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:I can't think back as to how much notice Igor had to sort it out between qualifying and the first tournament. Probably more than Ziegler and Khairy - probably a similar amount to Ayouri. Perhaps in that sense, its easier to get a visa if you're Brazilian rather than Iranian.

Goes Back to what i said then Let them have time to work out how they going to do it get papers sorted and Join the Tour in 12 months time.

Only that they are not offered that option. If they accept the nomination, it's for the coming two years, and if they "skip" one they stand no chance to stay on the tour.

Postby SteveJJ

Wild WC wrote:

Yes thats sensible. They are going to be at a disadvantage when they do eventually get things sorted out in respect of prize money and acclimatising themselves to living in a new country and new playing conditions.

That'd work for the Americas/Africa situation. Not sure if it'd work for the likes of Ayouri who won a tournament to qualify. Not all winners would have the same visa issues and would be able to and would probably want to start straight away. I mean, in general, the Chinese and the Thai's don't seem to have had this problem (although admittedly, they all must have had previous visas as they've been on the tour before - visa renewals may be easier than getting the original visa).

Postby SteveJJ

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Only that they are not offered that option. If they accept the nomination, it's for the coming two years, and if they "skip" one they stand no chance to stay on the tour.

I think Wild is aware that they aren't offered this option. He's suggesting that they are offered it as a way around disadvantages caused by visa delays like this.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

if there's genuine reasons regarding red tape they have my sympathy too probably banging their head against a brick wall seems easier sometimes than dealing with bureaucracy.

that what annoys me they are well behind the rest now and it gets harder and harder to stay on it seems unfair that 1) they being held back by papers and 2) players that can play here and now on tour are still amateurs.

Postby Wildey

Ian Glover 4-1 Jeff Cundy
Marc J Davis 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Jake Spiezick 1-4 Billy Joe Castle
Martin Bell 0-4 Andrew Pagett
Lewis Frampton 0-4 Lee Page
Toby Simpson 4-2 Ben Forty

LATEST
Ben Harrison 3-3 Duane Jones

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andrew Pagett ‏@AndrewPagett

Little 4-0 win there! So different playing amateurs, love getting 10 chances a frame lol #amateursnooker

rofl rofl

Haha.

Someone should remind him that he is an amateur too!

yea but i think there is a difference.

You got real Amateur Players that is a bit delusional and then you got Non Tour Pros which Pagett is one of them even someone like Ben Harrison or Duane Jones who hastent been on the Main tour i regard those players as Non Tour pros.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 19th of July

Aprox 1pm

Ian Glover 4-1 Jeff Cundy
Marc J Davis 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Jake Spiezick 1-4 Billy Joe Castle
Toby Simpson 4-2 Ben Forty
Ben Harrison 4-3 Duane Jones
Martin Bell 0-4 Andrew Pagett
Lewis Frampton 0-4 Lee Page
Christopher Keogan 4-0 Gary Wilson
Anthony Harris 3-4 Saqib Nasir

a bit surprising Gary Wilson getting whitewashed.

Postby SteveJJ

Wild WC wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andrew Pagett ‏@AndrewPagett

Little 4-0 win there! So different playing amateurs, love getting 10 chances a frame lol #amateursnooker

rofl rofl

Haha.

Someone should remind him that he is an amateur too!

yea but i think there is a difference.

You got real Amateur Players that is a bit delusional and then you got Non Tour Pros which Pagett is one of them even someone like Ben Harrison or Duane Jones who hastent been on the Main tour i regard those players as Non Tour pros.

Surely, they are all amateurs, just some are a lot better than others - just like pro's are all pro's but some are better than the others (perhaps with a smaller gap between top and bottom).

I know what you're saying though. However, some of the amateurs aren't delusional - I'm sure they know they aren't that great but would enjoy the chance of possibly playing a pro in a proper tournament even if they do get hammered.

Admittedly, there will be some who think they have it when they don't.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:What about the people who want to have a summer holiday in Australia, where it's winter? Do they need a Visa?

you need a visa to get to where your brain is <ok>

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What about the people who want to have a summer holiday in Australia, where it's winter? Do they need a Visa?

you need a visa to get to where your brain is <ok>

add your name to the sympathy list................you will feel better after doing it <ok>

Postby Wildey

Former Pro Ian Brumby who was last on Tour in 2003/2004 and has a Victory over Neil Robertson during the 2000/2001 Season beat Billy Brown 4-0 and next plays Ali Carter on Saturday at 9am

Postby Monique

More pictures have been added in albums

On photobucket: http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss7/ ... 20Day%202/
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 963c5d9b43

Eden Sharav has a new look, new waistcoat, same game … the boy is good! He sonny? Image

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:CORRECTION

Christopher Keogan 0-4 Gary Wilson

Garry Wilson actually won 4-0

I was surprised by the result as posted initially I must say. It wasn't consistent with the half frame I had seen while taking pictures.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:CORRECTION

Christopher Keogan 0-4 Gary Wilson

Garry Wilson actually won 4-0

I was surprised by the result as posted initially I must say. It wasn't consistent with the half frame I had seen while taking pictures.

i commented on it at the time ....Gary has been one of the best ams in PTC

Postby Wildey

Thursday 19th of July

Aprox 3pm

Eden Sharav 4-2 Matthew Day
Craig Barber 4-3 John Sutton
Jordan Brown 4-1 Liam Monk
Dessie Sheehan 1-4 Allan Taylor
Ryan Causton 4-0 Ross Higgins
Billy Brown 0-4 Ian Brumby
Fraser Patrick 4-1 Itaro Santos
Gavin Lewis 2-4 Gareth Allen
Jak Jones 4-2 Andrew Millard

Postby hendry_fan

Some good matches goin on tommorrow!. <cool>

These matches will be the ones i,ll be keepin my eyes on.:-)

Alan McMAnus v Chen Zhe
Anthony McGill v Jamie O’Neil
Mark Selby v Lucky Vatnani
Jamie Cope v Reanne Evans
Anthony Hamilton v Michael Wild
Barry Hawkins v Stuart Carrington
James Wattana v Michael Wasley
Barry Pinches v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Mark Joyce v Ben Harrison
Marco Fu v Christopher Keogan
Liu Chuang v Saqib Nasir
Stephen Maguire v Eden Sharav

Reanes up agasinst Cope!.would be fantastic in she could beat him. :-)

I can,t see it happening even though Copes been struggling lately,but you never know.

A good few Scots playin as well!. :-)