Post a reply

Re: Scottish Open (Betfair ET 5) !!!!

Postby Skullman

Looking ominous for Ants. He had his chances, but missing frame ball red last frame and that blue and yellow this frame didn't help.

Postby Skullman

Ding's English is getting better.

Anyway, decent finals day, although atmosphere felt dead for most of the first two days on the TV table.

Wild should be back for the last snooker of the year, Haikou qualifiers, unless he's got someone else to cover for him then.

Postby Witz78

Said at the time Ants should go for the blue over middle bag in 5th frame instead of the yellow as he was a cert to be on the red he needed to clinch frame. Dimdmg was def there for the taking. Great effort from Ants to make the final though given the position he was in during some games.
I have it on good authority that this was the last PTC to be held on British soil too from a reliable source. Bit of a blow for British amateurs if indeed true.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:Said at the time Ants should go for the blue over middle bag in 5th frame instead of the yellow as he was a cert to be on the red he needed to clinch frame. Dimdmg was def there for the taking. Great effort from Ants to make the final though given the position he was in during some games.
I have it on good authority that this was the last PTC to be held on British soil too from a reliable source. Bit of a blow for British amateurs if indeed true.

If you ask me it is about time all PTC's were got rid of. Players who finish last on the second day have a massive disadvantage. They have been a failed experiment

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:Said at the time Ants should go for the blue over middle bag in 5th frame instead of the yellow as he was a cert to be on the red he needed to clinch frame. Dimdmg was def there for the taking. Great effort from Ants to make the final though given the position he was in during some games.

Well I have heard differently. What I have heard - from good source also - is that there will be only 2 UKPTCs next season, likely to be held in the Academy. I've also heard that there will still be 6 EPTCs, but all actually played outside UK.
Now, unless the prize money attached to them rises significantly, if the were all scratched I wouldn't complain. I've said it many times those events are selling the game cheap - which will never help to its development; that's nonsense from an economist point of view - they cost most players more than they earn, even when they win more than they lose, and they are part of a ranking blackmail scheme I've always disapproved.
But according to the same source, PTCs prize money might be doubled by next season.

Postby Roland

I've heard there will be 2 UK PTCs as well.

Same mantra from you Monique. Yawn! If you can't see what good the PTCs have done then to be honest you need your head testing. Way way way more positives than negatives.

Postby Roland

Yeah I was looking at blue as the obvious shot, it couldn't go wrong but the yellow could as he demonstrated. I asked Adi on twitter if he'd have taken blue and he said yellow wasn't difficult to get on red and Ants was "unlucky" to land where he did. Anyway, always easier to be wise after the event, Ants did really well to get to the final and once in the final showed the Eurosport audience why he's one for the future. His quarter and semi wins and the manner in which he won them will stand him in good stead for the future. Very impressive indeed.

Postby Wildey

Full Results Round Up

Amateur Round 1

Ross Higgins 0-4 Chris Norbury
Mark Boyle 4-0
Andy Guest
Lance Little 2-4 Jak Jones
Jamie Gibson 4-1 Christopher Giffney
Scott Whiteley 3-4 Lloyd Condron
Michael Collumb 4-0 Stephen Baillie
Eden Sharav 4-3 Dylan Craig
Darrell Whitworth 4-0 William Thomson
Rhys Clark w/o Liam Monk

Amateur Round 2

Hans Blanckaert scr James Cahill w/o
George Cunningham 1-4 Lucky Vatnani
Joseph McLaren 4-3 Barry Lee
Marc J Davis 2-4 Ashley Carty
Ben Jones 4-0 George Scott
Ian Glover 4-3 Christopher Keogan
Andrew Milliard 4-1 Barry Campbell
Matthew Day 1-4 Adam Wicheard
Oliver Lines 4-1 Oliver Brown
Scott Gillespie 0-4 Chris Norbury
Bobby Cruickshanks 2-4 Mark Boyle
Darren Bond 4-3 Jak Jones
Terry Challenger scr Kacper Filipiak w/o
Ryan Causton 1-4 Gareth Allen
Stuart Carrington 4-1 Jamie Gibson
Phil Barnes 4-0 Kishan Hirani
Robin Hull scr Kyren Wilson w/o
Sam Harvey 4-2 James Silverwood
Jamie Barrett 3-4 Justin Astley
Dean Goddard scr John Parkin w/o
Garry Steele 0-4 Fraser Patrick
Lee Page 4-0 Lloyd Condron
Thomas McSorley 3-4 Jake Nicholson
Hassan Miah 0-4 Sanderson Lam
Ross Muir 4-1 Michael Collumb
Chris Totten 0-4 Mitchell Mann
Aaron Busuttil scr Jack Bradford w/o
James Gillespie 4-1 Pat McKinney
Sean James Riach 1-4 Eden Sharav
Michael Wild 4-2 Darrell Whitworth
Callum Lloyd 3-4 Rhys Clark
Ricky Norris 1-4 Ben Harrison
Mark Vincent 4-1 Joe Steele
Reanne Evans 3-4 Jordan Brown

Last 128

Mark Selby w/o Jamie O'Neill
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 3-4 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Paul S Davison 2-4 James Cahill
Jimmy White 2-4 Liu Chuang
Alan McManus 4-1 Lucky Vatnani
Robbie Williams 4-1 Joseph McLaren
Barry Hawkins 4-1 Ashley Carty
Andrew Norman 4-3 Ben Jones
Jamie Cope 3-4 Scott Donaldson
Tony Drago 2-4 Nigel Bond
John J Astley 4-3 Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett 4-3 Chris Norbury
Mark Davis 4-0 Andrew Milliard
Anthony McGill 4-0 Michael Wasley
Robert Milkins 4-2 Zhang Anda
Pankaj Advani 4-3 Gerard Greene
Mark King 2-4 Adam Wicheard
Jimmy Robertson 4-2 Oliver Lines
Rory McLeod 4-0 Cao Yupeng
Ricky Walden 3-4 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-1 Mike Dunn
Tom Ford 4-3 Mark Boyle
Graeme Dott 4-2 Daniel Wells
Ben Woollaston 4-1 Darren Bond
Martin Gould 4-0 Kacper Filipiak
Kurt Maflin 4-0 Gareth Allen
Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-3 Simon Bedford
Michael Holt 1-4 Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski 3-4 Sean O'Sullivan
Matthew Stevens scr Martin O'Donnell w/o
Neil Robertson scr Phillip Barnes w/o
Craig Steadman 4-3 Kyren Wilson
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Grace 0-4 David Gilbert
Steve Davis 4-1
Sam Harvey
Yu De Lu 0-4 Liam Highfield
Mark Williams 4-2
Adam Duffy
Joe Perry 4-0 Chen Zhe
Dominic Dale 4-2 Passakorn Suwannawat
Ian Burns 4-0 Justin Astley
Alfie Burden 4-0 John Parkin
Marcus Campbell 4-3 Fraser Patrick
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Lee Page
Stuart Bingham 4-1 Jake Nicholson
Ding Junhui 4-0 Michael Leslie
Andrew Pagett 1-4 Joel Walker
Rod Lawler 2-4 Barry Pinches
Liang Wenbo 4-2 Peter Ebdon
Mark Joyce 4-3 Aditya Mehta
Mark Allen 4-1 Sanderson Lam
Allan Taylor 4-1 Ross Muir
Fergal O'Brien 4-3 Matthew Selt
Michael White 3-4 Mitchell Mann
Dave Harold 4-1
Sam Baird
Stephen Maguire 4-1 Peter Lines
Gary Wilson 4-1 Li Yan
Allister Carter scr Jack Bradford w/o
Tian Pengfei 4-2 James Wattana
Ryan Day 4-1 Ben Harrison
Joe Swail 4-0 Eden Sharav
Ken Doherty 4-3 Michael Wild
Anthony Hamilton 4-0 Rhys Clark
Luca Brecel 4-0 James Gillespie
Jamie Jones scr Mark Vincent w/o
John Higgins 3-4 Jordan Brown

Last 64

Mark Selby scr Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon w/o
James Cahill 2-4 Liu Chuang
Alan McManus 2-4 Robbie Williams
Barry Hawkins 4-1 Andrew Norman
Scott Donaldson 3-4 Nigel Bond
John J Astley 4-1 Jamie Burnett
Mark Davis 3-4 Anthony McGill
Robert Milkins 4-1 Pankaj Advani
Adam Wicheard 2-4 Jimmy Robertson
Rory McLeod 2-4 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Tom Ford
Graeme Dott 2-4 Ben Woollaston
Martin Gould 2-4 Kurt Maflin
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Sean O'Sullivan 3-4 Martin O'Donnell
Phillip Barnes 0-4 Craig Steadman
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Maguire 4-2 David Gilbert
Steve Davis 4-2 Liam Highfield
Ding Junhui 4-3 Mark Willilams
Joe Perry 1-4 Dominic Dale
Ian Burns 4-2
Alfie Burden
Marcus Campbell 4-3 Shaun Murphy
Stuart Bingham 3-4 Joel Walker
Barry Pinches 1-4 Lian Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3
Mark Allen
Allan Taylor 4-3 Fergal O'Brien
Mitchell Mann 3-4 Dave Harold
Gary Wilson 4-0
Jack Bradford
Tian Pengfei 2-4 Luca Brecel
Joe Swail 1-4 Ken Doherty
Anthony Hamilton 1-4 Ryan Day
Mark Vincent 0-4 Jordan Brown

Last 32

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-0 Liu Chuang
Robbie Williams 0-4 Barry Hawkins
Nigel Bond 4-0 John J Astley
Anthony McGill 4-0 Robert Milkins
Jimmy Robertson 4-3 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-1 Ben Woollaston
Kurt Maflin 4-1 Stuart Carrington
Martin O'Donnell 4-3 Craig Steadman
Stephen Maguire 2-4 Steve Davis
Ding Junhui 4-1
Dominic Dale
Ian Burns 4-2 Marcus Campbell
Joel Walker 2-4 Liang Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3
Allan Taylor
Dave Harold 0-4 Gary Wilson
Luca Brecel 1-4 Ken Doherty
Ryan Day 4-2
Jordan Brown

Last 32

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-3 Barry Hawkins
Nigel Bond 1-4 Anthony McGill
Jimmy Robertson 1-4 Andrew Higginson
Kurt Maflin 3-4 Martin O'Donnell
Steve Davis 1-4 Ding Junhui
Ian Burns 4-2
Liang Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3 Gary Wilson
Ken Doherty 4-2 Ryan Day

Quarter Finals

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 3-4 Anthony McGill
Andrew Higginson 4-2 Martin O'Donnell
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui 4-1 Ian Burns
Mark Joyce 2-4 Ken Doherty

Semi Finals

Anthony McGill 4-3 Andrew Higginson
-------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui 4-2 Ken Doherty

Final

Anthony McGill 2-4 Ding Junhui

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Ding's English is getting better.

Anyway, decent finals day, although atmosphere felt dead for most of the first two days on the TV table.

Wild should be back for the last snooker of the year, Haikou qualifiers, unless he's got someone else to cover for him then.

i will do what i can however it is Christmas time and ive got a visitor lol

But my visitor Loves Snooker Too ;-)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:zzz whoopee doo Wild, your pumping a bird, we all get it. Change the record.

are you a complete sausage head

i was replying to Skullmans post you half wit.

Re: Grant Property Investment.com Scottish Open (Betfair ET

Postby Witz78

think it was Sonny who commented when i mentioned how Drago hang around the venue all weekend despite losing on Friday morning. Pity the same couldnt be said for the Scottish players who got beat even though the event was on the bulk of their doorsteps, they couldnt get away quick enough.

Also although im a fan of Yupeng, his behaviour and attitude v McLeod was pretty crass, i only caught the last frame but he actually had an Ipod or something on the go as between shots he sat listening to music then took the earphones out and just had wild lashes at the ball as he was 3-0 down. Not sure what ref it was, but they didnt seem to bat an eyelid but i could see Rory was snake hissed off at it, and it only served to fire him up even more.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:think it was Sonny who commented when i mentioned how Drago hang around the venue all weekend despite losing on Friday morning. Pity the same couldnt be said for the Scottish players who got beat even though the event was on the bulk of their doorsteps, they couldnt get away quick enough.

Also although im a fan of Yupeng, his behaviour and attitude v McLeod was pretty crass, i only caught the last frame but he actually had an Ipod or something on the go as between shots he sat listening to music then took the earphones out and just had wild lashes at the ball as he was 3-0 down. Not sure what ref it was, but they didnt seem to bat an eyelid but i could see Rory was snake hissed off at it, and it only served to fire him up even more.

that's appalling and it will hold back players of that standing.

you cant really switch form on at will in bigger events and go through the motions at this level.

players has to learn how to be professional in their attitude or there's no chance in hell they can start to rack up tournament wins

Postby Monique

A bit of a side subject but Ding's win raises an interesting question.
The PTC Grand Final will feature the 25 top players in the order of merit and the 7 coming out of the APTC order of merit. Now Ding certainly is in both those lists. It will be interesting to see if WSA choses to extend the PTC order of merit to the n°26, with Ding, a chinese player qualifying through the APTC path, or if they will give n°8 in APTC order of merit the spot, considering that Ding qualifies through the PTC. Should be an indication where WSA put the promotion effort. And bear in mind that if Lee is still suspended that's another APTC spot for the grabs .

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:A bit of a side subject but Ding's win raises an interesting question.
The PTC Grand Final will feature the 25 top players in the order of merit and the 7 coming out of the APTC order of merit. Now Ding certainly is in both those lists. It will be interesting to see if WSA choses to extend the PTC order of merit to the n°26, with Ding, a chinese player qualifying through the APTC path, or if they will give n°8 in APTC order of merit the spot, considering that Ding qualifies through the PTC. Should be an indication where WSA put the promotion effort. And bear in mind that if Lee is still suspended that's another APTC spot for the grabs .

Good point. The fair way, would be to give it to the spot on the PTC list as it has the greater number of entrants.

With Lee, any word on when his hearing is?

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:A bit of a side subject but Ding's win raises an interesting question.

my understanding is if Ding is 4th on APTC and 5th on PTC he goes through via APTC and Vice Versa if his PTC Ranking is higher.

if a player Wins a APTC and 1st on the PTC he goes through via APTC.

if a player wins 10 PTC and 1 APTC he goes through via APTC.

and remaining players then Topped up from the Relevant List......the Criteria is somewhere on World Snooker Website.

Postby Witz78

just had a read of HENDONS blog there on the event and i was raging, he really comes across as an obnoxious hammer at times

ive anonymously posted a comment though no doubt hell suss its me and refuse to publish it as it proves his blog to be a load of BS

he has some sort of warped agenda

this is the man who says why take snooker to Scotland, yet he bigs up an event played at Condom Park as being vital

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:just had a read of HENDONS blog there on the event and i was raging, he really comes across as an obnoxious hammer at times

ive anonymously posted a comment though no doubt hell suss its me and refuse to publish it as it proves his blog to be a load of BS

he has some sort of warped agenda

this is the man who says why take snooker to Scotland, yet he bigs up an event played at Condom Park as being vital

I bet Hendon does not wear a Christmas cracker wrist watch :wave:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Ding with the trophy (and my nemesis SMM in the background for good measure)

nice bald spot in the front of the photo <doh>

Your just jealous that that guy only has a bald spot :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:think it was Sonny who commented when i mentioned how Drago hang around the venue all weekend despite losing on Friday morning. Pity the same couldnt be said for the Scottish players who got beat even though the event was on the bulk of their doorsteps, they couldnt get away quick enough.

Maybe Drago was there to give players advice as to what music to listening to between visits to the table? Or maybe he was signing for the Ipods that were being delivered to the venue during the course of the day?

:?

Postby Wildey

Amateur Round 1

Ross Higgins 0-4 Chris Norbury
Mark Boyle 4-0
Andy Guest
Lance Little 2-4 Jak Jones
Jamie Gibson 4-1 Christopher Giffney
Scott Whiteley 3-4 Lloyd Condron
Michael Collumb 4-0 Stephen Baillie
Eden Sharav 4-3 Dylan Craig
Darrell Whitworth 4-0 William Thomson
Rhys Clark w/o Liam Monk

Amateur Round 2

Hans Blanckaert scr James Cahill w/o
George Cunningham 1-4 Lucky Vatnani
Joseph McLaren 4-3 Barry Lee
Marc J Davis 2-4 Ashley Carty
Ben Jones 4-0 George Scott
Ian Glover 4-3 Christopher Keogan
Andrew Milliard 4-1 Barry Campbell
Matthew Day 1-4 Adam Wicheard
Oliver Lines 4-1 Oliver Brown
Scott Gillespie 0-4 Chris Norbury
Bobby Cruickshanks 2-4 Mark Boyle
Darren Bond 4-3 Jak Jones
Terry Challenger scr Kacper Filipiak w/o
Ryan Causton 1-4 Gareth Allen
Stuart Carrington 4-1 Jamie Gibson
Phil Barnes 4-0 Kishan Hirani
Robin Hull scr Kyren Wilson w/o
Sam Harvey 4-2 James Silverwood
Jamie Barrett 3-4 Justin Astley
Dean Goddard scr John Parkin w/o
Garry Steele 0-4 Fraser Patrick
Lee Page 4-0 Lloyd Condron
Thomas McSorley 3-4 Jake Nicholson
Hassan Miah 0-4 Sanderson Lam
Ross Muir 4-1 Michael Collumb
Chris Totten 0-4 Mitchell Mann
Aaron Busuttil scr Jack Bradford w/o
James Gillespie 4-1 Pat McKinney
Sean James Riach 1-4 Eden Sharav
Michael Wild 4-2 Darrell Whitworth
Callum Lloyd 3-4 Rhys Clark
Ricky Norris 1-4 Ben Harrison
Mark Vincent 4-1 Joe Steele
Reanne Evans 3-4 Jordan Brown

Last 128

Mark Selby w/o Jamie O'Neill
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 3-4 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Paul S Davison 2-4 James Cahill
Jimmy White 2-4 Liu Chuang
Alan McManus 4-1 Lucky Vatnani
Robbie Williams 4-1 Joseph McLaren
Barry Hawkins 4-1 Ashley Carty
Andrew Norman 4-3 Ben Jones
Jamie Cope 3-4 Scott Donaldson
Tony Drago 2-4 Nigel Bond
John J Astley 4-3 Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett 4-3 Chris Norbury
Mark Davis 4-0 Andrew Milliard
Anthony McGill 4-0 Michael Wasley
Robert Milkins 4-2 Zhang Anda
Pankaj Advani 4-3 Gerard Greene
Mark King 2-4 Adam Wicheard
Jimmy Robertson 4-2 Oliver Lines
Rory McLeod 4-0 Cao Yupeng
Ricky Walden 3-4 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-1 Mike Dunn
Tom Ford 4-3 Mark Boyle
Graeme Dott 4-2 Daniel Wells
Ben Woollaston 4-1 Darren Bond
Martin Gould 4-0 Kacper Filipiak
Kurt Maflin 4-0 Gareth Allen
Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-3 Simon Bedford
Michael Holt 1-4 Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski 3-4 Sean O'Sullivan
Matthew Stevens scr Martin O'Donnell w/o
Neil Robertson scr Phillip Barnes w/o
Craig Steadman 4-3 Kyren Wilson
David Grace 0-4 David Gilbert
Steve Davis 4-1
Sam Harvey
Yu De Lu 0-4 Liam Highfield
Mark Williams 4-2
Adam Duffy
Joe Perry 4-0 Chen Zhe
Dominic Dale 4-2 Passakorn Suwannawat
Ian Burns 4-0 Justin Astley
Alfie Burden 4-0 John Parkin
Marcus Campbell 4-3 Fraser Patrick
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Lee Page
Stuart Bingham 4-1 Jake Nicholson
Ding Junhui 4-0 Michael Leslie
Andrew Pagett 1-4 Joel Walker
Rod Lawler 2-4 Barry Pinches
Liang Wenbo 4-2 Peter Ebdon
Mark Joyce 4-3 Aditya Mehta
Mark Allen 4-1 Sanderson Lam
Allan Taylor 4-1 Ross Muir
Fergal O'Brien 4-3 Matthew Selt
Michael White 3-4 Mitchell Mann
Dave Harold 4-1
Sam Baird
Stephen Maguire 4-1 Peter Lines
Gary Wilson 4-1 Li Yan
Allister Carter scr Jack Bradford w/o
Tian Pengfei 4-2 James Wattana
Ryan Day 4-1 Ben Harrison
Joe Swail 4-0 Eden Sharav
Ken Doherty 4-3 Michael Wild
Anthony Hamilton 4-0 Rhys Clark
Luca Brecel 4-0 James Gillespie
Jamie Jones scr Mark Vincent w/o
John Higgins 3-4 Jordan Brown

Last 64

Mark Selby scr Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon w/o
James Cahill 2-4 Liu Chuang
Alan McManus 2-4 Robbie Williams
Barry Hawkins 4-1 Andrew Norman
Scott Donaldson 3-4 Nigel Bond
John J Astley 4-1 Jamie Burnett
Mark Davis 3-4 Anthony McGill
Robert Milkins 4-1 Pankaj Advani
Adam Wicheard 2-4 Jimmy Robertson
Rory McLeod 2-4 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Tom Ford
Graeme Dott 2-4 Ben Woollaston
Martin Gould 2-4 Kurt Maflin
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Sean O'Sullivan 3-4 Martin O'Donnell
Phillip Barnes 0-4 Craig Steadman
Stephen Maguire 4-2 David Gilbert
Steve Davis 4-2 Liam Highfield
Ding Junhui 4-3 Mark Willilams
Joe Perry 1-4 Dominic Dale
Ian Burns 4-2
Alfie Burden
Marcus Campbell 4-3 Shaun Murphy
Stuart Bingham 3-4 Joel Walker
Barry Pinches 1-4 Lian Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3
Mark Allen
Allan Taylor 4-3 Fergal O'Brien
Mitchell Mann 3-4 Dave Harold
Gary Wilson 4-0
Jack Bradford
Tian Pengfei 2-4 Luca Brecel
Joe Swail 1-4 Ken Doherty
Anthony Hamilton 1-4 Ryan Day
Mark Vincent 0-4 Jordan Brown

Last 32

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-0 Liu Chuang
Robbie Williams 0-4 Barry Hawkins
Nigel Bond 4-0 John J Astley
Anthony McGill 4-0 Robert Milkins
Jimmy Robertson 4-3 Xiao Guodong
Andrew Higginson 4-1 Ben Woollaston
Kurt Maflin 4-1 Stuart Carrington
Martin O'Donnell 4-3 Craig Steadman
Stephen Maguire 2-4 Steve Davis
Ding Junhui 4-1
Dominic Dale
Ian Burns 4-2 Marcus Campbell
Joel Walker 2-4 Liang Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3
Allan Taylor
Dave Harold 0-4 Gary Wilson
Luca Brecel 1-4 Ken Doherty
Ryan Day 4-2
Jordan Brown

Last 32

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-3 Barry Hawkins
Nigel Bond 1-4 Anthony McGill
Jimmy Robertson 1-4 Andrew Higginson
Kurt Maflin 3-4 Martin O'Donnell
Steve Davis 1-4 Ding Junhui
Ian Burns 4-2
Liang Wenbo
Mark Joyce 4-3 Gary Wilson
Ken Doherty 4-2 Ryan Day

Quarter Finals

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 3-4 Anthony McGill
Andrew Higginson 4-2 Martin O'Donnell
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui 4-1 Ian Burns
Mark Joyce 2-4 Ken Doherty

Semi Finals