Post a reply

Re: Scottish Open (Betfair ET 5) !!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I don't recall Ding and Doherty ever playing before. I assume they have, and I've forgotten about it. They must have played at some point.

But they have played before in the past.. their most famous meeting the 2005 China Open semi-final, where Ding trashed him 6 nil, and went on to win the event against Hendry, starting the boom of snooker in China.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
But they have played before in the past.. their most famous meeting the 2005 China Open semi-final, where Ding trashed him 6 nil, and went on to win the event against Hendry, starting the boom of snooker in China.

Like I say, they must have done so and I'd forgotten about it. What's their head-to-head?

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:I think it maybe someone doing their job of officiating a match you easily aroused fan of snooker,Birds everywhere and he likes the ref.

rofl You could've just said; "I don't know."
Last edited by SnookerFan on 16 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

5:30pm

Semi Finals

Anthony McGill 4-3Andrew Higginson
-------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui 4-2 Ken Doherty TV Match

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:I don't recall Ding and Doherty ever playing before. I assume they have, and I've forgotten about it. They must have played at some point.

Ken and Ding have in fact met 6 times,todays match was there 7th.

http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/h2h.php?ID1=38&ID2=3

Anthony McGill 4-3 Andrew Higginson

:clap: Fantastic stuff from McGill!! :clap:

:D Come on Anthony!. :D

Postby Skullman

The Final

Anthony McGill v Ding Junhui

Ding obvious favourite, but would be some story if Ants won. Plus it would be the push his career needs and could be good for Scottish snooker in general.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:The Final

Ding obvious favourite, but would be some story if Ants won. Plus it would be the push his career needs and could be good for Scottish snooker in general.

Absolutely Skullman,these two have never ever played each other.

Postby Skullman

Whatever happens Ants can take positives from this. Shown some real battling qualities today. Of course if he wins he can take more positives from this :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Whats happened to Witz,it,s been a while since he posted here,whats he been doin the last couple of hours!,i bet he,s either :argue: arguing with someone,tryin to chat up some bird or he,s lying in a corner drunk as usual :party: :drunk:

Sorry Witz,i could,nae resist writin that!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:The Final

Like this is going to make any difference to a country that has won the World Championships 12 of the last 23 years.

Postby Skullman

Yeah but they don't have nearly as many young players coming through, according to various sources, despite all the former world champions they've produced. Plus they haven't held any professional events in over two years.

Still, maybe I am being a bit optimistic.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Yeah but they don't have nearly as many young players coming through, according to various sources, despite all the former world champions they've produced. Plus they haven't held any professional events in over two years.

Still, maybe I am being a bit optimistic.

I am not sure why most events aren't held in Scotland. I reckon The Welsh Open should be thrown in the trash can and a full ranking event held in Scotland instead.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:I see Higginson has bottled another match. Didn't matter that today was only a PTC yet Higginson still choked.

He just wanted to prove it isn't only the big occasion matches that make him collapse. I am sure he does it in practice also.

Postby Witz78

How the heck Ants is in the final ill never know. Must be destiny as down and out in quarters and semis. 2 of the maddest matches ever, Higgins or Ebdon like the way he ground out and showed unreal desire and battling qualities. TT did nowt wrong, Higginson bottled a few 50-50 match ball reds to be fair. The end of that match was just crazy tho.
Ive actually been glued to the action today as drove here, sorry to dissapoint yous. Just having a last crack of 2012 with SMM and SMF watching the other tables being dismantled at the mo.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Ants levels again. Somehow keeping with Ding.

Well if Ryan Day can keep with Ding it shouldn't be that hard a task. :xmas1:

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ants levels again. Somehow keeping with Ding.

Well if Ryan Day can keep with Ding it shouldn't be that hard a task. :xmas1:

True.