Post a reply

Re: Victoria Bulgarian Open (Betfair ET 4) !!!!

Postby Roland

If Higgins had got the red along the cushion he'd have cleared for 1-1 and seeds of doubt would start to enter Judd's mind. At 2-0 you've gotta fancy Judd now.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:it looks like I will have a very good evening :D
another great Trump-Higgins final, I hope Trump can finally win
I have a bag of Cheetos, and I got a bottle of Dr Pepper
they have just started distributing it to Hungary I had to buy one immediately
the cheetos is also a new one that I havent tried before, paprika shashlik flavored :happy:

First post of yours I've seen, and I like you already. :D Let us know how the new flavour turn out.

Another Higgins vs Trump PTC final. I'm about to settle down and watch it. Should be good.

the Dr Pepper tastes good, although not as sweet as Dr Pepper I had in England
cheetos is good but nothing special and doesnt matches with the Dr Pepper
next time Ill probably have the good old cheese-flavored <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:thanks :-D
the Dr Pepper tastes good, although not as sweet as Dr Pepper I had in England
cheetos is good but nothing special and doesnt matches with the Dr Pepper
next time Ill probably have the good old cheese-flavored <ok>

Give it a week, I'll be asking your advice on what salty snacks to get for the UK Championship. :-D

Postby Wildey

i said during UKPTC4 that the standard Judd plays at is higher than anyone else and now hes Blits Higgins to Prove it.

Postby Wildey

don't believe for one minute he wanted Higgins to lose in the semis

Judd Trump wanted a Crack at John Higgins and sent him Packing

Postby kolompar

Wild WC wrote:i said during UKPTC4 that the standard Judd plays at is higher than anyone else and now hes Blits Higgins to Prove it.

yes you are right
hes in good form to defend the uk title

Postby Monique

The key here is that he imposed HIS game on John and didn't let him take control at any time.
The first spilt of the pack in frame 1 was as strong a declaration of intentions as I've ever seen one.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Well Higgins missed some key balls that he got in Gloucester, while Judd got all of his. That was the difference.

as monique said he took his game to higgins and higgins wobbled....

Trump was by miles Best player in Gloucester and This week in Bulgaria had a off day in the Gloucester Final which did surprise me.

Postby Roland

I don't think you can say Higgins wobbled more than he just didn't get time to get his eye in. I thought he was going to mop up for 1-1, and after all the all guns blazing hell for leather potting Judd had done up to that point, the fact he finally missed a long red and Higgins got straight in and nearly levelled would have hurt him. So really all Higgins did was miss a tricky red along the cushion, and that was it. Judd dominated the rest.

The thing about these PTCs is that he's beaten Higgins 4-0, but in a ranking event that's only up to the first mid-session interval. So it's encouraging for Judd, but it certainly doesn't mean he's suddenly got the better of Higgins and will beat him every time from now on in.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I don't think you can say Higgins wobbled more than he just didn't get time to get his eye in. I thought he was going to mop up for 1-1, and after all the all guns blazing hell for leather potting Judd had done up to that point, the fact he finally missed a long red and Higgins got straight in and nearly levelled would have hurt him. So really all Higgins did was miss a tricky red along the cushion, and that was it. Judd dominated the rest.

The thing about these PTCs is that he's beaten Higgins 4-0, but in a ranking event that's only up to the first mid-session interval. So it's encouraging for Judd, but it certainly doesn't mean he's suddenly got the better of Higgins and will beat him every time from now on in.

but he plays to a higher level than John does.

i dont jump on the bandwagon and hail someone before they done rubbish as some on here has done in the past naming no names.

they really have to go some to impress me.

Judd's Game at the Moment stands alone at the top its up to others to knock him down and as you say John Higgins is the one that's Capable with his style and tenacity.

Postby Roland

Yeah I know, Judd's been awesome lately. He's not unbeatable though but you've got to keep kicking him hard every time you get the chance or else he'll run away. If you stand up to him he gets edgy.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:I don't think you can say Higgins wobbled more than he just didn't get time to get his eye in. I thought he was going to mop up for 1-1, and after all the all guns blazing hell for leather potting Judd had done up to that point, the fact he finally missed a long red and Higgins got straight in and nearly levelled would have hurt him. So really all Higgins did was miss a tricky red along the cushion, and that was it. Judd dominated the rest.

i dont jump on the bandwagon and hail someone before they done rubbish as some on here has done in the past naming no names.

Judd's Game at the Moment stands alone at the top its up to others to knock him down and as you say John Higgins is the one that's Capable with his style and tenacity.

Roughly translated that means Sour Grapes cos me and Bourne saw something in him you didnt :wave:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Roughly translated that means Sour Grapes cos me and Bourne saw something in him you didnt :wave:

roughly translated your easily pleased <ok>

Postby Andre147

Yeah I absolutely agree Sonny... that missed red from Higgins in frame 2 along the rail was also the turning point for me.... he would normally get that, and had he indeed got it he would have leveled the match and things could have been different.. after that Higgins didnt really have a shot... apart from some loose safeties which normally is his strong point.

For me, like you say, this win doesnt prove that Judd will begin to win their next encounters... for me, the only way Judd has to prove himself as a real player capable of beating Higgins is in a longer match... so far Judd has lost all of his long matches with John, and that really tells the story... like you say, he tends to start off well, but then seems to run out of fuel and Higgins of course improves his game, and that in itself puts a lot more pressure on Judd and he starts to miss, ending up losing the longer matches.

That for me is the problem when he deals with Higgins over the longer format... until he wins a longer encounter, one can't really say that he's got the better of Higgins.

Postby Roland

I'm afraid it's true mate. Ronnie needs snooker more than the other way around. Snooker is in fine fettle at the minute and the reigning world champ is nowhere to be seen.

Postby hendry_fan

*Judd Trump* 4 John Higgins 0

Well,he had to beat Higgins some time did,nt he!.:-)

I wonder what Higgins critics will have to say about him losin to trump,probably somewhere along the lines of,..."Higgins LUCK run out". <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Amateur Round

John Parkin 4-3 Christopher Keogan
Justin Astley 4-0 Dean Goddard
Bratislav Krustev 1-4 Kacper Filipiak
Jak Jones scr Mitchell Mann w/o
Adam Wicheard w/o Kyren Wilson
Vencislav Daskalov 4-1 Cosmin Constantin
Reanne Evans 2-4 Alain van der Steen
Garry Steele w/o Gerrit bij de Leij
Krasimir Kameshev 0-4 Nikola Kemilev
Stuart Carrington scr Dimitris Economou w/o
Nikolai Vlashev 1-4 Georgi Velichkov
Arshed Chodri 0-4 Dimitar Mehandjiiski
Gareth Allen 4-1 Radu Vilau
James Cahill 4-1 Ivan Kupov
Oliver Lines 2-4 Matthew Day
Salim Otti 1-4 Iveilo Pekov
Tetyana Volovelska 0-4 Aaron Busuttil

Last 128

Mark Selby 4-0 Danail Tugov
Dechawat Poomjaeng w/o Ben Harrison
Chris Norbury 4-0 Konstantinos Mavroforos
Jack Lisowski 4-2 Michael Wasley
Robbie Williams 3-4 Daniel Wells
Allan Taylor 3-4 Matthew Stevens
Tom Ford 4-1 John Parkin
Robert Milkins 4-0 Stanislav Hadjipopov
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-0 Dimitris Economou
David Grace 3-4 Tony Drago
John J Astley 4-2 Jeff Cundy
Alan McManus 4-2 Justin Astley
Mark Davis 4-3 Kacper Filipiak
Luca Brecel 4-1 Mitchell Mann
Paul S Davison 4-0 Zhang Anda
Judd Trump 4-1 Martin O'Donnell
Joe Perry 4-0 Adam Duffy
Pankaj Advani 3-4 Nigel Bond
Dave Harold 4-3 Adam Wicheard
Kurt Maflin 4-0 Vencislav Daskalov
Ryan Day 2-4 Elliot Slessor
Marco Fu scr Michael Wild w/o
Steve Davis 4-0 Michael Leslie
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Alain van der Steen
Jimmy Robertson 4-2 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Andrew Norman 4-0 Garry Steele
Scott Donaldson w/o Robin Hull
Anthony McGill 4-1 Jonatan Mabey
Michael White 1-4 Aditya Mehta
Fergal O'Brien 4-0 Nikola Kemilev
Martin Gould 4-0 Liu Chuang
Barry Hawkins 4-1 Liam Monk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Allen 4-0 Sam Harvey
Craig Steadman 4-3 Phil Barnes
Mark King 1-4 Barry Pinches
Liang Wenbo 4-0 Rares Sinca
Ken Doherty 4-0 Dimitar Mehandjiiski
Andrew Pagett 0-4 Oliver Brown
Simon Bedford 2-4 Mark Vincent
Stephen Lee scr Li Yan w/o
Xiao Guodong 4-3 Gareth Allen
Alfie Burden 4-2 Gerard Greene
John Higgins 4-0 Georgi Velichkov
Rory McLeod 4-0 Ben Judge
Dominic Dale 4-2 Peter Lines
Ricky Walden 4-2 Ian Glover
Gary Wilson 4-0 Vergil Mavrodiev
Tian Pengfei 4-2 Joel Walker
Allister Carter 4-0 Luchezar Gergov
Jimmy White 2-4 Cao Yupeng
Jamie Cope 4-1 James Cahill
Mark Joyce 4-2 Matthew Day
Shaun Murphy 4-1 Passakorn Suwannawat
Mark Williams 4-0 Jack Bradford
Stuart Bingham 3-4 Peter Ebdon
Ben Woollaston 4-2 Sean O'Sullivan
Yu De Lu 4-3 Tomasz Skalski
Rod Lawler 4-1 Iveilo Pekov
Jamie Jones 4-1 Joe Steele
Joe Swail 2-4 Marcus Campbell
Michael Holt 4-0 Aaron Busuttil
Anthony Hamilton 4-2 Matthew Selt
Ian Burns 3-4 Ryan Causton
Neil Robertson 4-2 Hans Blanckaert

Last 64

Chris Norbury 1-4 Jack Lisowski
Daniel Wells 2-4 Matthew Stevens
Tom Ford 4-2 Robert Milkins
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-2 Tony Drago
John J Astley 1-4 Alan McManus
Mark Davis 4-0 Luca Brecel
Paul S Davison 4-2 Joe Perry
Judd Trump 4-0 Michael Wild
Mark Selby 4-2 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Nigel Bond 3-4 Dave Harold
Kurt Maflin 4-0 Elliot Slessor
Aditya Mehta 4-2 Steve Davis
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Jimmy Robertson
Andrew Norman 4-2 Scott Donaldson
Anthony McGill 4-2 Fergal O'Brien
Martin Gould 0-4 Barry Hawkins
Mark Allen 1-4 Craig Steadman
Barry Pinches 1-4 John Higgins
Shaun Murphy 2-4 Liang Wenbo
Ken Doherty 4-1 Oliver Brown
Mark Vincent 2-4 Li Yan
Xiao Guodong 3-4 Alfie Burden
Rory McLeod 4-3 Dominic Dale
Ricky Walden 1-4 Gary Wilson
Tian Pengfei 2-4 Allister Carter
Cao Yupeng 2-4 Jamie Cope
Mark Joyce 1-4 Mark Williams
Peter Ebdon 3-4 Ben Woollaston
Yu De Lu 4-0 Rod Lawler
Jamie Jones 3-4 Marcus Campbell
Michael Holt 2-4 Anthony Hamilton
Ryan Causton 1-4 Neil Robertson

Last 32

Mark Selby 3-4 Jack Lisowski
Matthew Stevens 1-4 Tom Ford
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-1 Alan McManus
Mark Davis 4-2 Paul Davison
Dave Harold 4-3 Kurt Maflin
Judd Trump 4-2 Aditya Mehta
Andrew Higginson 4-3 Andrew Norman
Anthony McGill 4-0 Barry Hawkins
Craig Steadman 2-4 John Higgins
Liang Wenbo 4-3 Ken Doherty
Li Yan 4-3 Alfie Burden
Rory McLeod 4-3 Gary Wilson
Allister Carter 0-4 Jamie Cope
Mark Williams 0-4 Ben Woollaston
Yu De Lu 2-4 Marcus Campbell
Anthony Hamilton 2-4 Neil Robertson

Last 16

Jack Lisowski 1-4 Tom Ford
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 2-4 Mark Davis
Dave Harold 1-4 Judd Trump
Andrew Higginson 4-2 Anthony McGill
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins 4-2 Liang Wenbo
Li Yan 1-4 Rory McLeod
Jamie Cope 1-4 Ben Woollaston
Marcus Campbell 2-4 Neil Robertson

Quarter Final

Tom Ford 2-4 Mark Davis
Judd Trump 4-0 Andrew Higginson
John Higgins 4-0 Rory McLeod
Ben Woollaston 2-4 Neil Robertson

Semi Final

Mark Davis 2-4 Judd Trump
John Higgins 4-2 Neil Robertson

Final

Judd Trump 4-0 John Higgins

Postby Monique

Andre147 wrote:

Yeah I absolutely agree Sonny... that missed red from Higgins in frame 2 along the rail was also the turning point for me.... he would normally get that, and had he indeed got it he would have leveled the match and things could have been different.. after that Higgins didnt really have a shot... apart from some loose safeties which normally is his strong point.

For me, like you say, this win doesnt prove that Judd will begin to win their next encounters... for me, the only way Judd has to prove himself as a real player capable of beating Higgins is in a longer match... so far Judd has lost all of his long matches with John, and that really tells the story... like you say, he tends to start off well, but then seems to run out of fuel and Higgins of course improves his game, and that in itself puts a lot more pressure on Judd and he starts to miss, ending up losing the longer matches.

That for me is the problem when he deals with Higgins over the longer format... until he wins a longer encounter, one can't really say that he's got the better of Higgins.

I nevertheless think that this win might prove important for Judd and John. So far Judd had lost 6 out of 7 encounters with John and all the recent ones, irrespective of the format. Both in Shanghai and in Gloucester, his body language was telling of anxiety as soon as John started his comeback, even with a 7-2 lead. It's actually perceptible from the moment John had made his 147 in Shanghai. There was nothing of the like in Sofia. He took a stance to play his game whatever, and it's John who got shaken. Those lose safeties are not like his usual self and there was concern in his eyes. Don't tell me I'm imagining it, I'm a photographer, I tend to notice those things (more than the shots they play actually). So it will now be interesting to see in what state of mind both will come to their next match, and if it's a one off or if it's the start of a trend.

Postby Wildey

They could meet again on Sunday under a Different Format.

But this Reminds me of The Davis v Hendry thing in the Late 80s early 90s

The Old Maestro trying to withstand The Potting and Breakbuilding Machine.