Post a reply

Re: Gdynia Open (Betfair ET 2) !!

Postby Skullman

Hopefully with more than best of sevens, but apart from that <ok>.

And if the top players don't make it to the last 32, the :shrug: They're top players who'll have to face the WN33 at worst to get through two rounds. If they can't manage that, they don't deserve to be top seeds.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:this event format is the perfect example of the future flat 128 system with 2 rounds of qualifying played in the UK then the last 32 going over to the venue.

thing is mate you really cant see the chinese going for that and potentially lose out on Ding at the venue.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:this event format is the perfect example of the future flat 128 system with 2 rounds of qualifying played in the UK then the last 32 going over to the venue.

thing is mate you really cant see the chinese going for that and potentially lose out on Ding at the venue.

They barely see Ding these days anyway as he's normally out in the first round in China or thereabouts.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

They barely see Ding these days anyway as he's normally out in the first round in China or thereabouts.

but hes very heavily involved with publicity for chinese events.

and we know how much they love their own (wildcards) they will want Ding there more than wild cards.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

Dings 2 matches could be held over to the venue i suppose

but he loses in the first round of most Chinese events anyway at the mo, so hes almost hardly much of a loss for them <laugh>

Postby Witz78

in an ideal world for China they could maybe hold the whole event over there or from the last 64 onwards if theres more money pumped into the events

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Dings 2 matches could be held over to the venue i suppose

main problem with that is maybe his last 128 opponent will pull out because it costs to go to china and last 128 losers dont get a bean.

i think theres a lot of issues to iron out before they even contemplate seriously a Flat system for all events with china so dominant.

Postby Witz78

assuming they get more money into the European PTC events by then, then they are effectively proper rankers, albeit the points tariffs will still be lower, but given the demand in Europe from fans plus the fact Eurosport cant get enough of them, then youd think the 50k euros prize fund could surely be increased

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:assuming they get more money into the European PTC events by then, then they are effectively proper rankers, albeit the points tariffs will still be lower, but given the demand in Europe from fans plus the fact Eurosport cant get enough of them, then youd think the 50k euros prize fund could surely be increased

i think europe would go for a flat system with last 32 going to germany. i seriously think china is a stumbling block.

Postby Skullman

Few careless mistakes from mistakes from Selby but Fergal's been unable to punish. Mind you Selby still won both his frames with 70+ breaks.

Postby Wildey

Friday 5th of October

Approx 2pm

Jimmy White 4-1 Dave Harold
Michael Holt 4-2 Michael White
Ben Woollaston 1-4 Martin Gould

Approx 4pm

Mark Selby 3-0 Fergal O'Brien
Joe Perry 0-0 Mark Davis
Ken Doherty 0-3 Rory McLeod

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Snap, me too :mosh2:

Fry up earlydoors then into the pub at opening time for an all day session :hyper:

That was kind of my plan. I turn 32 tomorrow. Invited my mate out. Was going to spend the day in the pub, drinking, spending an insane amount in quiz machines and generally annoying everybody else with drunken behaviour.

Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago my friend quite rudely got a job that requires them to be working on Saturdays. :grrr:

Anyway, they are coming out in the evening, so I've poached another mate off his wife, to come out after my fry-up with parents, to have a few cheeky afternoon drinks before the main event in the evening. :happy:

You and Witz78 dont half like your fry-ups n booze don,t ya!. :dinner: :drunk: <laugh>

*Jimmy White* 4-1 Dave Harold.

Good on ya Jimmy!. <ok>

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:
You and Witz78 dont half like your fry-ups n booze don,t ya!. :dinner: :drunk: <laugh>

not to mention they talk rubbish.

a friendship waiting to happen :love:

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

not to mention they talk donkey doo.

rofl :mosh2: rofl ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:You and Witz78 dont half like your fry-ups n booze don,t ya!. :dinner: :drunk: <laugh>

Come on now tomorrow is my birthday. I am allowed a sneaky crate of beer or two.

Postby Skullman

Think you need some more sleep mate. Hamilton's not playing this weekend and there's currently a male ref on the highlights from Eurosport.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

not to mention they talk rubbish.

Is he getting the drinks in? :D

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Think you need some more sleep mate. Hamilton's not playing this weekend and there's currently a male ref on the highlights from Eurosport.

Is he not? It was hard to tell. I wasn't talking about the main table, I was talking about one of the outside tables. There seemed to be a female referee. It looked like Anthony Hamilton playing.

In fairness, if I couldn't tell which player it was, I might have been confusing a rather small male with long hair for a woman. rofl

Postby Skullman

There is that ref with a ponytail, but he's in the Stephen Lee build with a bald patch like Fergal.

Postby Witz78

hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Snap, me too :mosh2:

Fry up earlydoors then into the pub at opening time for an all day session :hyper:

That was kind of my plan. I turn 32 tomorrow. Invited my mate out. Was going to spend the day in the pub, drinking, spending an insane amount in quiz machines and generally annoying everybody else with drunken behaviour.

Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago my friend quite rudely got a job that requires them to be working on Saturdays. :grrr:

Anyway, they are coming out in the evening, so I've poached another mate off his wife, to come out after my fry-up with parents, to have a few cheeky afternoon drinks before the main event in the evening. :happy:

*Jimmy White* 4-1 Dave Harold.

Good on ya Jimmy!. <ok>

Dont tar me with the same brush as Cholesterol Kid please :no:

Im lucky if i have half a dozen fry ups in a year, HE prob has more than than in a week :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:There is that ref with a ponytail, but he's in the Stephen Lee build with a bald patch like Fergal.

I know who you mean. It weren't him. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Dont tar me with the same brush as Cholesterol Kid please :no:

Im lucky if i have half a dozen fry ups in a year, HE prob has more than than in a week :john:

We're friends really. :love:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:There is that ref with a ponytail, but he's in the Stephen Lee build with a bald patch like Fergal.

This one?

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

This one?

EC-Fucking-W.