Post a reply

Re: Gdynia Open (Betfair ET 2) !!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:ITS Stupid how the snooker legends is evolving in to money whoring

Jason Francis on twitter a while ago said he might Try a Ronnie v Judd Snooker Legend night

Evolving? It was always that, to be fair. They are just having to think of more inventive ways of begging for money.

They can be a good laugh if you go once or twice, but it does get embarrassing. There'll be 25 dates next year, and each time they'll raffle off Jimmy White's cue. How many cues do they expect us to believe he's regularly played with? There's always some mug there who pays hundreds of pounds for something that his favourite player used at the previous Snooker Legends event, or once in a practice frame, but then acts like it's the same cue Jimmy played in six world finals with.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:ITS Stupid how the snooker legends is evolving in to money whoring

Jason Francis on twitter a while ago said he might Try a Ronnie v Judd Snooker Legend night

Evolving? It was always that, to be fair. They are just having to think of more inventive ways of begging for money.

They can be a good laugh if you go once or twice, but it does get embarrassing. There'll be 25 dates next year, and each time they'll raffle off Jimmy White's cue. How many cues do they expect us to believe he's regularly played with? There's always some mug there who pays hundreds of pounds for something that his favourite player used at the previous Snooker Legends event, or once in a practice frame, but then acts like it's the same cue Jimmy played in six world finals with.

The Initial idea was to Bring the Players of yesteryear Back together for a Few exhibitions then they saw Pound Signs and Added Ronnie,Hendry,Doherty now even Robbo is mentioned.

Tony Knowles is invited to some but not Many.

now if they going to play Snooker Legends these are the Guys they should focus on buck me Luca Brecel might be involved soon.

Postby Monique

Isn't this going a bit off topic? ;-)

As for Jimmy's cue there is a miracle… there probably is as many of it as there is of the "real cross of Jesus Christ" if you gather all the relics together.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Isn't this going a bit off topic? ;-)

As for Jimmy's cue there is a miracle… there probably is as many of it as there is of the "real cross of Jesus Christ" if you gather all the relics together.

Slightly but the Tournament is over so its Free for All

Beside Off Topic Chat is Aloud in Discussion Topics ...

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:

In that case, I've got a story to tell.

A year or so ago, one of my junior school teachers was on Songs Of Praise. Somehow I knew in advance, I think my mum still talks to her. Anyone, she was about 200 years old, and I had it on just to see the camera keep cutting to this old biddy singing Thine Be The Glory with all her might.

rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

In that case, I've got a story to tell.

A year or so ago, one of my junior school teachers was on Songs Of Praise. Somehow I knew in advance, I think my mum still talks to her. Anyone, she was about 200 years old, and I had it on just to see the camera keep cutting to this old biddy singing Thine Be The Glory with all her might.

rofl

i wasent in the mood for your bucking bullocks that day

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i wasent in the mood for your bucking bullocks that day

I'm just kidding with you, sir. Keep up the excellent job. :hatoff:

i shall Try <ok>

btw im in a better Mood now

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i wasent in the mood for your bucking bullocks that day

I'm just kidding with you, sir. Keep up the excellent job. :hatoff:

i shall Try <ok>

btw im in a better Mood now

:chin:

Money rankings lists are far superior to Ranking points

Hendry won in a weak era

:stir:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

Hendry won in a weak era

Can you explain to me again how the flat qualifying system would work?

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild WC wrote:There is a lot of Criticism for the PTC But it gives Earning Opportunities to the Lower Ranks.

Jamie Burnett could walk away with €12,000 tonight that's right up there in his top 10 pay cheq in 20 years on tour easily if he wins.

they might be smaller events but the rewards for some is massive.

Wasn't Burnett's highest ever pay cheque for a 3-9 defeat a few years ago...?
Every penny this person wins from snooker is a stake in snooker's heart.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Hendry won in a weak era

Same as it works in PTCs…

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Hendry won in a weak era

Same as it works in PTCs…

no monique

in PTC theres only 4 Seeds within the top 64 others are random

in main rankers it will be more structured.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Wasn't Burnett's highest ever pay cheque for a 3-9 defeat a few years ago...?

How people can blame Burnett for that, but act like Maguire is blameless is beyond me. They were either both in on it, or neither were in on it. You wouldn't bribe somebody to 'only win three frames', when there is no guarantee that would be able to win that much. Why bother going through all the trouble and expense of trying to rig a match, and then leave something to chance?

If Burnett was the only one who had been bribed, he would have been asked to let himself be white-washed.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:That remains to be seen. And if so to what extend.

full extent

thats the whole points of Rankings.

Postby Wildey

But as ive said before i dont think China will go for a 128 Flat structure unless all 128 players play at the Venue.

so changing to flat 128 wont be across the board but i can see it happening in some events like Wales and Germany maybe even the UK Championship.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:But as ive said before i dont think China will go for a 128 Flat structure unless all 128 players play at the Venue.

so changing to flat 128 wont be across the board but i can see it happening in some events like Wales and Germany maybe even the UK Championship.

Well precisely the 128 players playing at venue is something I've heard about as a real possibility when I was in Shanghai. And not in a 10 years time frame, much sooner than that.
Also the whole idea of the flat structure is to give all players the same chances and remove the protection. Yes it will render ranking irrelevant except for who is invited in some lucrative invitationals and who stays on the MT end of season.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:But as ive said before i dont think China will go for a 128 Flat structure unless all 128 players play at the Venue.

Well precisely the 128 players playing at venue is something I've heard about as a real possibility when I was in Shanghai. And not in a 10 years time frame, much sooner than that.
Also the whole idea of the flat structure is to give all players the same chances and remove the protection. Yes it will render ranking irrelevant except for who is invited in some lucrative invitationals and who stays on the MT end of season.

but how would that work then

128 going to china with 64 players having expenses but no cash ?

Postby Monique

Just like it is now in PTCs. Indeed. Those who lose their first match are out of their pockets. Only that in EPTCs in places like Germany or Belgium the cost of hotels and food is such that they have to reach the last 16 to cover their expenses and that was always my problem with those EPTCs. The flat structure can only work if winning the first round match at least covers the (reasonable) expenses. And it would be fairer than the current tiered system where in some ranking events, some players have to win 2 or 3 matches before getting anything while others get paid for losing their opening match.

Postby Wildey

i can see a lot of british pros giving up with 50% of ranking events in china

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:i can see a lot of british pros giving up with 50% of ranking events in china

could easily flip that comment on its head and say that Chinese pros might give up since 50% of the ranking events arent in China :hmmm:

If the game is to go truly global, then fully flat structured tournaments and an end to all qualifiers being played in the UK is the way to go.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i can see a lot of british pros giving up with 50% of ranking events in china

could easily flip that comment on its head and say that Chinese pros might give up since 50% of the ranking events arent in China :hmmm:

If the game is to go truly global, then fully flat structured tournaments and an end to all qualifiers being played in the UK is the way to go.

the chinese have balls the brits just moan.

Postby gallantrabbit

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Wasn't Burnett's highest ever pay cheque for a 3-9 defeat a few years ago...?

How people can blame Burnett for that, but act like Maguire is blameless is beyond me. They were either both in on it, or neither were in on it. You wouldn't bribe somebody to 'only win three frames', when there is no guarantee that would be able to win that much. Why bother going through all the trouble and expense of trying to rig a match, and then leave something to chance?

If Burnett was the only one who had been bribed, he would have been asked to let himself be white-washed.

Maguire was embarassed because he, like any snooker would know, knew that Burnett was at it. Maguire wouldn't have to be involved, and I'm sure he wasn't. He had been earning good money from snooker for a number of years. 3 frames isn't a lot in a best of 17. Burnett is a shameless nerk who has discovered, now that there are more tourneys, that there is a way of earning a living from the game, not just by cheating. Should have been banned for life. Let's just remind ourselves shall we. My Gran, in her snooker playing days could have got close left handed. (She was right handed and never played snooker in her life God bless her soul.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_W0OziQa8
Last edited by gallantrabbit on 09 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

the chinese have balls the brits just moan.

Something i've never understood, why O'Sullivan, Carter and Allen moan about having to fly to China 5 times a year whilst you never hear a single word of complaint from the Chinese pros who have to live 9 months of the year, in Sheffield.

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Maguire was embarassed because he, like any snooker would know, knew that Burnett was at it. Maguire wouldn't have to be involved, and I'm sure he wasn't. He had been earning good money from snooker for a number of years. 3 frames isn't a lot in a best of 17. Burnett is a shameless nerk who has discovered, now that there are more tourneys, that there is a way of earning a living from the game, not just by cheating. Should have been banned for life. Let's just remind ourselves shall we. My Gran, in her snooker playing days could have got close left handed. (She was right handed and never played snooker in her life God bless her soul.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_W0OziQa8

The looks on Burnetts face when he fluked the pink the shot before was the bit i really remember, almost a look of horror thinking "rubbish, how do i go about missing this easy black" <doh>

Postby Skullman

Carter at least has an excuse to moan now, with his new diet being difficult to maintain abroad. Although he probably still hates travelling like ROS and Allen.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:Carter at least has an excuse to moan now, with his new diet being difficult to maintain abroad. Although he probably still hates travelling like ROS and Allen.

YEH A PILOT WHO HATES TRAVELLING

A BIT LIKE A PROSTITUTE WHO HATES SEX <doh>