Post a reply

EPTC5 - MOTHERWELL, December 13-16

Postby Witz78

After long complaining about the lack of snooker in Scotland, and even arguing the case to Mike Ganley in April at Sheffield, im pleased to see that a tournament, albeit a PTC will be played in Scotland this season.

It will be played at the Ravenscraig Sports Centre, the fancy big new sports complex built on the old Steelworks site, where the Premier League held a night last season.

Tournament is held Decemeber 13th - 16th.

With it coming directly after the UK and so close to Xmas im not sure exactly what the entry levels will be, but i know the Scottish pros and amateurs will embrace it and i expect crowds to be decent.

I will be entering the amateur round along with a few other mates and hopefully we will see some of the Scottish posters here at the event. <ok>

Re: EPTC5 - MOTHERWELL, December 13-16

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:After long complaining about the lack of snooker in Scotland, and even arguing the case to Mike Ganley in April at Sheffield, im pleased to see that a tournament, albeit a PTC will be played in Scotland this season.

It will be played at the Ravenscraig Sports Centre, the fancy big new sports complex built on the old Steelworks site, where the Premier League held a night last season.

Tournament is held Decemeber 13th - 16th.

With it coming directly after the UK and so close to Xmas im not sure exactly what the entry levels will be, but i know the Scottish pros and amateurs will embrace it and i expect crowds to be decent.

I will be entering the amateur round along with a few other mates and hopefully we will see some of the Scottish posters here at the event. <ok>

:limp:

you be better off chucking £10 notes out your front window on a windy day :clap:

Postby Witz78

u need some hair to start off with when you have a transplant tho so your screwed

unless of course you can find a folicle donor patient, perhaps Muppet will get a back, sack and crack and donate the hair to you :D

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:u need some hair to start off with when you have a transplant tho so your screwed

unless of course you can find a folicle donor patient, perhaps Muppet will get a back, sack and crack and donate the hair to you :D

do they have hair transplants up in you beloved bonny Scotland :wave:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:u need some hair to start off with when you have a transplant tho so your screwed

do they have hair transplants up in you beloved bonny Scotland :wave:

NO, the Jockos are tightwads so if they go bald, they do this instead <ok>

Postby alanmartin

That's great news, even if a couple are only PTCs, at least Ireland, Scotland and Wales have ranking events now.

I do think that in order to make the final PTCs really exciting for a few top pros, the ranking cut-off for the Masters top 16 should be January 6 after the EPTC 6.

Unlike open tournaments with large draws and many players needing to know because they have to budget, every player in the Masters is picking up £15,ooo for turning up. Anyway, probably 11 or 12 would already know they have made the cut, so a very exciting few weeks after the UKs scrambling for the final spots - so pity this is not case.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:so now we have 5 EPTC and now 5 UK PTC

yeh this should be a PTC. not an EPTC to be honest.

this PTC is one of the 3 or 4 counting events towards amateurs gaining a tour card for next season as well isnt it?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Is this on Eurosport? We could have sweepstake on how long it takes Witz to get thrown out.

yup its live on eurosport god help us <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

so are you in the draw ?

you might get drawn against Long Wang.