Topic locked

Re: The Dafabet PTC Grand Final Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Alex0paul

Wild WC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:One of the worst frames of snooker I've ever seen

god you not watched many frames have you :chin:

It's a frame you'd see down a club. The standard has been atrocious.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

that doesent meen its a bad frame,

standard of play has nothing to do with standard of frame...it was a interesting frame mistakes sometime adds to a match and in that frame it did

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Then maybe you just watched that last frame, cause the standard in that match was pretty good, and that frame wasn't even near as bad as you say it has.

Postby hendry_fan

:clap: Well done Jack!!. :clap:

Selbs had so many chances in that decider,i,ve never ever seen him miss up so many,Jack was just as bad but got over the line. :dizzy: :dizzy:

He now has a 3-1 lead over Selby in there head-to-head!.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 13th of March

10am

Rod Lawler v Cao Yupeng

Followed By

Ding Junhui v Andrew Higginson

Followed By

Graeme Dott v Xiao Guodong

Followed By

John Higgins v Allister Carter

NB 7.30pm

Judd Trump v Alfie Burden

Followed By

Ken Doherty v Kurt Maflin

Postby Andre147

Very happy for Jack :-D :-D :-D maybe this could be his breakthorugh as the commentator in liveworldsnooker.tv said, though this tourney still is very much like a european ptc, best of 7. When Jack can finally win a match in a longer format against a top player, then that will certainly be his breakthrough I reckon.

Neverthelss, a great win for him against the world number 2, and will now play Tom Ford in the Last 16.

Postby hendry_fan

Come onnnnnnnnnn,Graeme Dott,John Haggis and,....................................................................

,............................................................................................................................... Ken Doherty!. :happy:

Postby GJ

The race for end of season WN1 is now even more interesting after selbys loss to jack

judd has the most to drop off from 2011 worlds so its game on between the top 3

:hatoff:

Postby Casey

Nice to see Jack doing so well, just the confidence boost he needed before the WC qualifiers.

Also, a big match for Ali carter tonight. In 16th place on the ranking list he would have to qualify, as a finalist last year that would be a nightmare situation for him.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:Nice to see Jack doing so well, just the confidence boost he needed before the WC qualifiers.

Also, a big match for Ali carter tonight. In 16th place on the ranking list he would have to qualify, as a finalist last year that would be a nightmare situation for him.

i think he will beat higgins because john is so erratic these days

Postby Simone

Wild WC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

that doesent meen its a bad frame,

standard of play has nothing to do with standard of frame...it was a interesting frame mistakes sometime adds to a match and in that frame it did

Hendry is probably valued greatest snooker player by far in America because he has been credited inventing (and doing it so well) splitting the pack off the blue in the 90s. Since America is a 9ball - mad country and 9ball has the beauty and difficulty of the opening pack splitting shot..

I remember years ago someone was claiming at the BBC messaboards that 9ball and 8ball are just about whacking the opening shot as hard as can. Obviously it is true that pro level it has very much influence who wins the frame, but I would argue it is a strenght of those games, particularly with 9ball. Top players loves the challenge of that opening pack splitting shot.

Slightly out of topic, but like you wrote there can be so many different kinds of interesting frames :happy:

Postby Casey

Did anybody else see on the news yesterday that the Athletics track in Sheffield were Jess Ennis trains is being shut down and replaced with a new sports facility? The new facility is to cater for rugby, soccer, athletics and...snooker!

I wonder is this the new home of the WC?

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Mark Davis only win over Allen in 6 meetings was in the 2012 Shootout in Blackpool.

Mark Allen beat Mark Davis 13-5 in the Last 16 of the 2010 World Championship that included a 146 Break for Allen.

doesn't look good for Davis

Does that count towards their head to head?

on cuetracker site yes

what i do know in Steve Davis Record haul of tournament wins 4 pot black titles count despite they being one frame knockouts.

It works both ways.

Stephen Hendry in 2009 won the Legends of Snooker event where he only played washed up has-beens and old relics from a bygone era and yet that event still counts towards his victory haul.

did i say it didnt :?

and Ronnie won shitty shot clock PL and they count as well :?

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Did anybody else see on the news yesterday that the Athletics track in Sheffield were Jess Ennis trains is being shut down and replaced with a new sports facility? The new facility is to cater for rugby, soccer, athletics and...snooker!

I wonder is this the new home of the WC?

if they do that hope they get it right.

get it wrong and the whole atmosphere of the WC will be ruined