Topic locked

Bank of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 25th ~Sunday 31st of March at Beijing University Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

Last year in Beijing Peter Ebdon was a surprise winner of his 9th ranking title after a very disapointing season. Peter Ebdon still strugling in 31st spot in the Provisional World Rankings but somehow from nowhere he produces a great tournament so can he repeat last years feat?

This season there have been 8 different winners of the 8 major ranking tournaments to date.

In July Ricky Walden beat Stuart Bingham to win his second ranking title 10-4, also in July Barry Hawkins overcame Peter Ebdon 9-3 to win his maiden ranking event, then in September after a disappointing 2011-2012 season John Higgins was back to winning ways with a 10-9 win from 7-2 down to beat Judd Trump in The Shanghai Masters final. November saw Judd Trump winning his 3rd ranking tournament with a 10-8 win over former World Champion Neil Robertson who himself was going for his 7th win in the International Championship. In December Mark Selby won the UK Championship with a 10-6 win over Shaun Murphy in the final, and February there was two tournaments won by Ali Carter and Stephen Maguire respectively. Carter beat Marco Fu 9-6 to win in Germany and Maguire beat Stuart Bingham 9-8 in Wales. Bingham's second defeat in a main ranking final of the season, which brings us to March and Mark Allen successfully defending his World Open title with a 10-4 win over a rejuvenated Matthew Stevens.

So with the World Championship around the corner who will hit Sheffield as the winner of the latest tournament of a packed season?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Anthony McGill v Heydari Nezhad Ehsan
Jimmy Robertson v Wang Yuchen
Liang Wenbo v Lu Ning
-------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Lisowski v Zhou Yuelong
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Zhu Yinghui
Rory McLeod v Hu Hao
Mark Joyce v Lu Haotian
Jamie Cope v Muhammad Asif

Last 32

Peter Ebdon v Marcus Campbell
Graeme Dott v Marco Fu
Mark Allen v Anthony McGill/Heydari Nezhad Ehsan
Neil Robertson v Jimmy Robertson/Wang Yuchen
Stephen Maguire v Michael Holt
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins
Stuart Bingham v Liang Wenbo/Lu Ning
John Higgins v Robert Milkins
-------------------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Jack Lisowski/Zhou Yuelong
Mark Davis v Dechawat Poomjaeng/Zhu Yinghui
Matthew Stevens v Rory McLeod/Hu Hao
Shaun Murphy v Andrew Higginson
Mark Williams v Mark Joyce/Lu Haotian
Allister Carter v Jamie Cope/Muhammad Asif
Ricky Walden v Ken Doherty
Mark Selby v Mark King

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: China Open Wild Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Three weeks to go, and we have a discussion thread already. I admire your dedication, sir. :hatoff:

time waits for no man lets roll on ...god Barry Hearn needs to pull up his socks 8 bloody days without snooker :mood:

the way it will be going During the World Championship ill have qualifying threads for the Wuxi classic up <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Three weeks to go, and we have a discussion thread already. I admire your dedication, sir. :hatoff:

time waits for no man lets roll on ...god Barry Hearn needs to pull up his socks 8 bloody days without snooker :mood:

the way it will be going During the World Championship ill have qualifying threads for the Wuxi classic up <laugh>

Doing well, sir.

I aint working the week of the China Open, so I'll be on. We'll help explain to everyone what's going on. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Ding Junhui has got a very tough opener against Barry Hawkins.

Expectations has always been high on ding but after his Performance in the PTC Grand Finals the expectations has just gone up a notch.

But in Barry you got a very tough match player that got a 4-3 advantage in head to heads and in 2007 he beat Ding 5-3 in the last 32 of the China Open and 2006 he beat Ding the then UK Champion 10-6 in the Last 32 of the World Championship.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:How can Allen and Robbo be due to play each other in the last 16 when they are both in the top 8? :irk:

after the UK Championship the seeding cut off Mark Allen was Ranked 8th BUT with Peter Ebdon installed as Top seed as defending champion Allen was pushed down to 9th seed.

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:
Casey wrote:How can Allen and Robbo be due to play each other in the last 16 when they are both in the top 8? :irk:

after the UK Championship the seeding cut off Mark Allen was Ranked 8th BUT with Peter Ebdon installed as Top seed as defending champion Allen was pushed down to 9th seed.

Ebdon :irk:

Postby GJ

Good to see proper format next week best of 7 is TP BS

A match of the standard of ptc final was ruined by format

it should have been bloody best of 5

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Good to see proper format next week best of 7 is TP BS

A match of the standard of ptc final was ruined by format

it should have been bloody best of 5

rofl rofl

Robbo Semi Finals and Final whitewashes

Postby GJ

Ha ha wild

What saddened me most wasn't the fact robbo lost because ding was top drawer and robbo missed 1 red

But my so called mate Bourne saying on twitter it was a huge choke

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Ha ha wild

What saddened me most wasn't the fact robbo lost because ding was top drawer and robbo missed 1 red

But my so called mate Bourne saying on twitter it was a huge choke

i thought he was a ding fan?

that not giving ding the credit he deserved. Robbo had 1 chance in 4 frames.

Postby Skullman

Too many people call players losing from ahead a choke. Sometimes you're just outplayed. It's hard to see anyone faring better against Ding yesterday.

That wasn't a choke, otherwise Ding choked the first three frames (if losing multiple frames in a row is a choke, I don't see why it matters if you're ahead or behind).

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Too many people call players losing from ahead a choke. Sometimes you're just outplayed. It's hard to see anyone faring better against Ding yesterday.

That wasn't a choke, otherwise Ding choked the first three frames (if losing multiple frames in a row is a choke, I don't see why it matters if you're ahead or behind).

Spot on <ok>

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

The China open will be sponsored by Bank of Beijing.

This year will be the 4th time they have sponsored the event the other 3 years were 2009, 2011 and 2012.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:Doesn't matter if they get poor crowds as that isn't the only measure of a successful tournament.

No doubt some on here will be ready to jump on the bandwagon and start calling into question the popularity of snooker in China on the back of poor crowds.

it matters hugely - CHINA is an embarrassment on the snooker calendar.....all ties should be severed - it just does not work.

The tournies in China are farcical. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Mark Joyce has pulled out of the china open and if he had pulled out originally he would be playing in china.

His wife is about to give Birth.

Lu Hoatian gets a bye in the W/C Round and plays Mark Williams on Wednesday