Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Monday 25th of March

6.30am GMT

Graeme Dott 5-3 Marco Fu
Anthony McGill 5-3 Heydari Nezhad Ehsan
Jimmy Robertson 5-1 Wang Yuchen
Jack Lisowski 5-1 Zhou Yuelong

11.30am GMT

Liang Wenbo 1-0 Lu Ning
Stephen Maguire 1-2 Michael Holt
Rory McLeod 1-0 Hu Hao
Jamie Cope 1-2 Zhao Xintong

Postby SteveJJ

Yes, it looks like Cope is destined for a career ricocheting between 20-40's in the rankings - rather like Michael Holt. Neither seem to have the bottle/temperament to maximise their ability where Cope especially was tipped for bigger things.

Postby SnookerFan

Remember last year when I said Lu Ning was the future of snooker? rofl

How can a guy who played such a mature game, who was superior to Murphy in every department from potting to safety to even mental attitude towards the game, have never repeated it since? Too many quality these days, I guess.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Remember last year when I said Lu Ning was the future of snooker? rofl

How can a guy who played such a mature game, who was superior to Murphy in every department from potting to safety to even mental attitude towards the game, have never repeated it since? Too many quality these days, I guess.

nothing to do with quality its just easy to produce once then harder to live up to it mainly in your own mind.

Good and Great Players produce more often.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember last year when I said Lu Ning was the future of snooker? rofl

nothing to do with quality its just easy to produce once then harder to live up to it mainly in your own mind.

Good and Great Players produce more often.

As I remember, I was the only person who wathced that Murphy vs Ning match. I think Ronnie was on the other table. * So everybody was watching that.

* Disclaimer. It was a year ago, so I can't remember exactly. It might have been Judd. Either way, it was a popular player.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Maguire next plays Ding Junhui or Barry Hawkins

I'd quite like it to be Ding. But Hawkins is a tough first round draw, and Ding sometimes struggles with the pressure of expectation in China.

yea and after his PTC Performance last week the Expectation will be greater than ever.

Postby Odrl

SnookerFan wrote:As I remember, I was the only person who wathced that Murphy vs Ning match. I think Ronnie was on the other table. * So everybody was watching that.

* Disclaimer. It was a year ago, so I can't remember exactly. It might have been Judd. Either way, it was a popular player.

It was O'Sullivan-Campbell. I remember I had to leave at 2-0 to Campbell and 2-1 to Lu. I watched the ending of Murphy-Lu in the evening. Didn't Lu finish with two centuries, or something like that? ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:As I remember, I was the only person who wathced that Murphy vs Ning match. I think Ronnie was on the other table. * So everybody was watching that.

It was O'Sullivan-Campbell. I remember I had to leave at 2-0 to Campbell and 2-1 to Lu. I watched the ending of Murphy-Lu in the evening. Didn't Lu finish with two centuries, or something like that? ;-)

That's some memory.

He might have done, yeah. He did make a good three or four centuries. But I also remember being impressed with his shot selection and temprement. He seemed to have Murphy in trouble with some safety shots as well. And when he broke down on a break, he didn't do a Michael Holt and start panicking about it. If he got back in in the frame after missing one, he just went straight back on with it.

A lot of the young players are trying to be like Ronnie. (Or in the Chinese player's case like Ding.) And think you can just pot everything. I remember being impressed as much by Ling's maturity in that match than anything else. I think we have reached a point where watching centuries isn't as impressive as it should be. Seeing a mature young person is much rarer.

Postby Skullman

Anything interesting happen today then? See that Graeme beat Marco, meaning Marco definitely has to qualify for the Crucible.

Also see Cope got beat :-D Doesn't look like he played that well, but Zhao Xintong is looking pretty impressive. Think he's beaten Kendo in the International and forced a decider against Stevens when 5-1 down. Think he also beat Andrew Higginson as easily as he beat Cope today. Has Carter next, who needs a win to keep ahead of Dark Mavis and not have to qualify for the Crucible.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,thats brilliant,all the Scots got through today!.

*Graeme Dott* 5-3 Marco Fu

*Anthony McGill* 5-3 Heydari Nezhad Ehsan

*Stephen Maguire* 5-3 Michael Holt

:happy: Braw stuff ma laddies!. :happy:

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Good to be back reporting on some snooker after a little bit of a break. Please see below my report on the first day's play of this season's China Open.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/03/25/ ... -1-report/

Been a good day of action, especially for Scottish snooker with wins for Maguire, Dott and McGill. Jimmy Robertson in fine form too with three centuries.

On the report above I've led on Fu's first round exit, meaning his hopes of gaining an automatic spot for the Crucible are all but gone.

Enjoy Day 2 of the China Open.

All the best.
Nigel

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 26th of March

6.30am GMT

Peter Ebdon v Marcus Campbell TV
John Higgins v Robert Milkins TV
Mark Joyce scr Lu Haotian w/o
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Zhu Yinghui

11.30am GMT

Judd Trump v Jack Lisowski TV
Shaun Murphy v Andrew Higginson TV
Matthew Stevens v Rory McLeod
Allister Carter v Zhao Xintong

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:Tuesday 26th of March

6.30am GMT

Peter Ebdon v Marcus Campbell TV
John Higgins v Robert Milkins TV
Mark Joyce scr Lu Haotian w/o
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Zhu Yinghui

11.30am GMT

Judd Trump v Jack Lisowski TV
Shaun Murphy v Andrew Higginson TV
Matthew Stevens v Rory McLeod
Allister Carter v Zhao Xintong

And the Chinese and World Snooker say they want to show their local players on TV <doh> <doh> <doh>

I understand their decision in the first session, but second session it's unaceptable their choice, they should put on TV Carter and Xintong instead of Murphy, but anyway... not complaining much cause I also like to watch Murphy play.