Post a reply

Re: Haikou World Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Not looking good for Stevens, is it?

(That's my expert analysis.)

Just to continue what I was saying here, Stevens still doesn't look likely to win. It's just something my trained snooker eye has picked up on.

we got it first time

We won't ask what you've been getting that made you miss the entire morning session. :john:

Postby hendry_fan

Casey wrote:The lack of crowd is not helping things. last year Allen had 4 tons and 6 breaks over 50.

Exactly Case,Allen n Stevens must be thinkin there playing in a Big PTC cubicle!. :dizzy: :chuckle:

Oh,and nice to hear that Neil Foulds thinks Hendrys the greatest ever snooker player. :-D

Ronnie should,nt be even mentioned as the greatest ever as he,s only 37,i,ve said it before and i,ll keep sayin it again,...

Ronnie HAS THE CHANCE to be called the greatest ever snooker player,we,ll have to wait n see what he does,achieves in the next 7 years,Hendry retired at the age of 43 so it,ll only then be really fair to compare them when Ronnie reaches 43 as well.

Hendry did,nt win much tourneys for a good few years in the later part of his career,but he still made many 1/4,semi- finals and even made the odd final and played to a decent standard and still managed to knock in centuries until he retired,even the last few years he was still good enough to give most a scare and mostly only got beaten by the top 8,top 16 players,we,ll have to wait n see what kind of snooker Ronnie will be serving up from now till he,s 43,if he plays that long.

Postby SnookerFan

Without meaning to turn this into another Ronnie vs Hendry debate, as they always seem to end in childish arguments, it's obvious to me that they are both great for different reasons. There is no dictionary definition for what makes people great.

Ronnie has more natural talen than Hendry. For me that is without doubt. And I don't believe we'll see a player with that talen come along ever again.

But Hendry, in his prime, was great for different reasons. He's the most successful ranking event winner ever. He's also had more dominance of the game than Ronnie has.

It's pointless comparing their greatness, because they are great in different ways. People forget this when comparing them.

Postby Wildey

the crowds this week been poor and still in the final nobody sitting at the front head on wheres Jason Ferguson or the VIP's?

somethings not right and needs addressing because there's a contract in place to hold this event for another 3 years.

im switching off now going to visit family so wont see the conclusion but i obviously think Mark will win it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:the crowds this week been poor and still in the final nobody sitting at the front head on wheres Jason Ferguson or the VIP's?

somethings not right and needs addressing because there's a contract in place to hold this event for another 3 years.

im switching off now going to visit family so wont see the conclusion but i obviously think Mark will win it.

Going to visit family? When snooker is on? <laugh>

What's happened to the Wild we know and love? The Wild that loses control of his emotions at the slightest hint that snooker isn't the most important thing in the world?

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Without meaning to turn this into another Ronnie vs Hendry debate, as they always seem to end in childish arguments, it's obvious to me that they are both great for different reasons. There is no dictionary definition for what makes people great.

Ronnie has more natural talen than Hendry. For me that is without doubt. And I don't believe we'll see a player with that talen come along ever again.

But Hendry, in his prime, was great for different reasons. He's the most successful ranking event winner ever. He's also had more dominance of the game than Ronnie has.

It's pointless comparing their greatness, because they are great in different ways. People forget this when comparing them.

At the end of the day,it,s about opinions,but i,m sure most would say that Hendry is the greatest ever.

Some were laughin at Hendry especially the last few years he played,but what many seem to forget is the age he was,he actualy played pretty good considering his age,thats why i can,t wait to see how Ronnie plays in the next few years,if he does manage to play like Hendry did or even play better then i,ll be the first to :hatoff: take my hat off to him.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:ronnie v hendo

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Yeah, sorry. Let's not go down that route again. When a match is this one-sided, it's easy to get distracted.

Could go 9-4 to Allen now.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:ronnie v hendo

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Yeah, sorry. Let's not go down that route again. When a match is this one-sided, it's easy to get distracted.

Could go 9-4 to Allen now.

Come on Allen,finish Stevens off,ma missus wants to go out. :-D

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:The lack of crowd is not helping things. last year Allen had 4 tons and 6 breaks over 50.

The crowd was non-existent last year as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:

The crowd was non-existent last year as well.

Sadly, it isn't a rarity in China.

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:stephen hendry greatest snooker player ever

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:-D :D :happy: :clap: FANTASTIC AVATAR OF HENDRY YOU HAVE GJ!, :clap: :-D :D :happy:

A bit premature though,Allen has,nt won yet!,no faith in Stevens comin back then i take it?,i mean,he,s <only> 9-4 behind!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:the crowds this week been poor and still in the final nobody sitting at the front head on wheres Jason Ferguson or the VIP's?

Going to visit family? When snooker is on? <laugh>

What's happened to the Wild we know and love? The Wild that loses control of his emotions at the slightest hint that snooker isn't the most important thing in the world?

look, listen and learn to this short clip Franklin

Prince Charles explains whats happened to Wild <ok>