Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!!!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:When does Higgins lose deciders? Him and Selby have to share some sort of record for winning deciders.

grand prix 2009 cough cough

;-) <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
GJ wrote:I can see a decider in the higgins v allen game

With the winner being? :-D

john haggis :-D

Oh dear!,that means Allen will win then. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I tell ya what,if J Haggis wins,i,ll give you a bean from the bean n tattie pie that you owe me!. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Only Allen can save this tournament for me now

if push comes to shove ill reluctantly cheer on the deformed lovechild of Jimmy Savile and Worzel Gummidge.

Anyone but Haggis !!!

it doesn't need saving <ok>

it does if your a proper snooker fan who actually supports certain players and doesnt sit on the fence with a load of "i like all players and styles" tripe :john:

supporters of certain players are certain snooker players fan not a snooker fan.

GARBAGE

by that logic then, no-one in the world is a football fan then cos there def aint anyone who supports every team <doh>

And i guess that means if a guy likes slim blonde birds but doesnt like fat and old birds, that makes him not a fan of women? :limp:

Postby Skullman

Doubt Allen will get even close to a decider unless he finds top form from nowhere. All his opponents have been very poor so far and even if Higgins doesn't play as well as he did today, his B game is more than enough to tie Allen in knots.

Postby GJ

people are underestimating allen he went toe to toe with robbo as the masters hes more than capable to beat haggis

Postby Casey

Skullman wrote:Doubt Allen will get even close to a decider unless he finds top form from nowhere. All his opponents have been very poor so far and even if Higgins doesn't play as well as he did today, his B game is more than enough to tie Allen in knots.

Allen has been poor so far, but earlier in his career he had no B game and would have lost in the first round. He is starting to become more astute. He finds himself in the SF and I expect him to raise his game. Playing John at this stage of a tournament is a great challenge though so he will have to be right at it.

Postby GJ

Old fart moondan will be seething he has been spouting crap on betfair all week about judd being a cert for this title and he put big money on him.

Postby GJ

the dinosaur has just spoken

on haggis

Certainly the best I have seen him play for years but he did not have any opposition.

Its hard to know what to make of Ding, so careless.

When Trump got his behind smacked earlier, took the 6.4 on Mark Allen, just the guy to sort Higgins out and ROBBO IN THE FINAL

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Doubt Allen will get even close to a decider unless he finds top form from nowhere. All his opponents have been very poor so far and even if Higgins doesn't play as well as he did today, his B game is more than enough to tie Allen in knots.

Tomorrow is another day if Allen finds form he could blow Higgins away

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:This is the sort of meaningless tournament Robbo might win. However, I think Higgins will be way too strong for him, assuming he even gets to the final. <ok>

your just meaningless full stop <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:When does Higgins lose deciders? Him and Selby have to share some sort of record for winning deciders.

Hes Lost 5 Deciders this season

6-5 to Mark Davis in the UK and 6-5 to Shaun Murphy in the Masters included

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

Hes Lost 5 Deciders this season

6-5 to Mark Davis in the UK and 6-5 to Shaun Murphy in the Masters included

Good stats :spot on:

Postby Witz78

a catch 22 the first game for me

Normally id want Stevens to beat that Aussie but think i have to cheer on Jono just incase Haggis wins through to the final so hes actually got some competition in the final

Postby hendry_fan

Quiz question thats just sprung to mind,anyone know!.

Who holds the record for the most consecutive WHITEWASHES in professional snooker tournament play?.

Pretty good question if i may say so myself!. :-D

Wild,Skullman,Statman,no point asking GJ,he knows nothin apart from Robbo n Stevens stats!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:Quiz question thats just sprung to mind,anyone know!.

Who holds the record for the most consecutive WHITEWASHES in professional snooker tournament play?.

Wild,Skullman,Statman,no point asking GJ,he knows nothin apart from Robbo n Stevens stats!. ;-) <laugh>

Don't know for certain but could be Lee, who apparently holds the record for most consecutive frames won, but was in qualifiers in 1992. 33 which works out as 6 bo9 matches. Records from Snooker.org. Go to Longest Unbeaten Run <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Quiz question thats just sprung to mind,anyone know!.

Don't know for certain but could be Lee, who apparently holds the record for most consecutive frames won, but was in qualifiers in 1992. 33 which works out as 6 bo9 matches. Records from Snooker.org. Go to Longest Unbeaten Run <ok>

Well reasearched Skullman,i aint impressed with GJ,s "cue factor" drivvel though!!. :td: <laugh>

Would be very intrestin to find out what the record really is and who holds such a record.

If John Haggis makes the whitewash tomorrow,that,ll be a hattrick,it won,t be a record i,m sure,but it would be very impressive indeed!. :clap:

Postby Smart

I know exactly what Witx means in "only Allen can save the day". Its horrific to see Haggis playing, Jono is like a rash an irritant, and Stevens is a bottling nob head with a stupid gelled hair do .......ALLEN is representing 99% of snooker fans this weekend, no pressure then. <ok>