Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz, are you colour blind?

Did you know that colour blindness is exclusively a male condition? Women can't get it, but they can carry the gene. My mate was colour blind because his granddad was. His mother suffered from no such condition.

Yes I did :hatoff:

It's not exclusive to men, just much more common. The gene invoved is sex linked, women have a back up copy and both would need to be defective for her vision to be affected.

I did hear that before. I was hoping nobody would point it out, so I could look clever.

Trust you to spoil it. :grrr:

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz, are you colour blind?

Did you know that colour blindness is exclusively a male condition? Women can't get it, but they can carry the gene. My mate was colour blind because his granddad was. His mother suffered from no such condition.

Yes I did :hatoff:

It's not exclusive to men, just much more common. The gene invoved is sex linked, women have a back up copy and both would need to be defective for her vision to be affected.

I did hear that before. I was hoping nobody would point it out, so I could look clever.

Trust you to spoil it. :grrr:

My pleasure :chuckle:

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, Nigel here from The Old Green Baize.

Hope you're all enjoying the snooker. Great win for Matthew Stevens earlier. Below is a report of the first semi-final, please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/03/02/ ... pen-final/

Also at the bottom I've added a small paragraph about the disappointing low crowds. Added it because for a semi-final it was a shame to see and the point needs to be made (if it hasn't already). Why this has been the case I don't know but I think it needs to be looked at.

All the best,
Nigel

Postby SnookerFan

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone, Nigel here from The Old Green Baize.

Hope you're all enjoying the snooker. Great win for Matthew Stevens earlier. Below is a report of the first semi-final, please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/03/02/ ... pen-final/

Also at the bottom I've added a small paragraph about the disappointing low crowds. Added it because for a semi-final it was a shame to see and the point needs to be made (if it hasn't already). Why this has been the case I don't know but I think it needs to be looked at.

All the best,
Nigel

Nige. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

doesn't happen these days but Mark Allen is in a strong position to reach a final in defense of his title.

Neil Robertson won the 2010 World Open after Winning the 2009 Grand Prix but they are effectively Different tournaments.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:doesn't happen these days but Mark Allen is in a strong position to reach a final in defense of his title.

Neil Robertson won the 2010 World Open after Winning the 2009 Grand Prix but they are effectively Different tournaments.

Didn't John Higgins defend the Welsh Open? Or have I got the years mixed up?

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:I leave for half an hour and Allne is 4-2 up. Poor show from John. Get your honest bottom in gear! :grrr:

Serves you right for leaving the snooker. <laugh>

Needed food.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:doesn't happen these days but Mark Allen is in a strong position to reach a final in defense of his title.

Didn't John Higgins defend the Welsh Open? Or have I got the years mixed up?

yea your right 2010 and 2011

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Mark Allen 5-2 John Higgins

No way back now for John!. :roll:

He,s done well to get to the semi-finals considering his dire form,(by his standards) of last,he could,nt continue the form he showed against Bingham and especially Ding today,also Allen was too good for him today.

Postby Skullman

Looks like I'll have to support Stevens tomorrow for the second time ever. Let's hope he does better in that than the last time I supported him, but I doubt it. Allen looks too good now.