Topic locked

Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sponsored By Yearly Yuan-jiang Gujinggong Liquor

Monday 25th of February ~Sunday 3rd of March at Haikou Venue, Hainan Island

Last 16 and only one Chinese player left but nothing new there, Ding Junhui yet again carries the flag of the home nation with a Last 16 Match against Marco Fu from Hong Kong.

Defending champion Mark Allen also safely through as is world no 1 Judd Trump and UK and Masters Champion Mark Selby.

4 World Champions Shaun Murphy, Graeme Dott, Neil Robertson and John Higgins are also still there.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Mark Allen v Robert Milkins (Head to Head Allen Leads 2-0)
Ricky Walden v Stephen Maguire (Head to Head Maguire Leads 9-1)
Marco Fu v Ding Junhui (Head to Head Ding Leads 5-3)
Stuart Bingham v John Higgins (Head to Head Higgins Leads 6-4)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Nigel Bond (Head to Head Bond Leads 1-0)
Matthew Stevens v Shaun Murphy (Head to Head Stevens Leads 10-5)
Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott (Head to Head Robertson Leads 5-3)
Barry Hawkins v Mark Selby (Head to Head Hawkins Leads 5-4)

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:Some great match up's. Maguire has a good draw to win this one.

Yeah indeed Casey. But according to what AlexPaul said, in the morning session they won't televise Robbo v Dott, a shame really. I don't know if it is already official, but my guess is they will put on streamed tables the Judd and Selby matches. I woulnd't mind if Selby or indeed Judd were put in an outside one so that Robbo and Dott match could be televised.

Postby GJ

Saves me getting up early will just check the results later in the day

good luck robbo and stevens

ganley another excellent decision :parrot: :parrot: :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 28th of February

6.30am

Judd Trump v Nigel Bond TV
Barry Hawkins v Mark Selby TV
Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott
Matthew Stevens v Shaun Murphy

11.30am

Marco Fu v Ding Junhui TV
Mark Allen v Robert Milkins TV
Ricky Walden v Stephen Maguire
Stuart Bingham v John Higgins

Postby GJ

1 positive I dont have watch robbo missing his usual easy pots in china events

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i will be stunned if he beats dotty

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:1 positive I dont have watch robbo missing his usual easy pots in china events

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

what gets me is World Snooker/Barry Hearn changed the UK to get all Matches televised so that we dont miss out on Great Matches and yet in China they dont give a stuff.

Postby GJ

Theres no flexibility at all mate for tv games in china its set pre event and thats it no matter what happens

Say the chinese kid had beat bingham he would HAve been on a non tv table v higgins

SHAMBLES

Postby Smart

NIGE - Old Green Baixe wrote:Hi everyone.

Below is my report to Day 2 of the Haikou World Open and the little announcement Ronnie O'Sullivan made earlier.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/26/1828/

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/26/ ... the-baize/

Should be a good day of action tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Selby take on wonderkid Lyu Haotian (Will be sensational if the youngster wins that one) and a classic Scottish battle between John Higgins and Alan McManus - a little flashback to the early-mid 1990s lol.

Hope you're all enjoying it and ITV's coverage.

All the best,
Nigel

:bowdown: :clap: :bowdown: :clap: :bowdown: :clap: :bowdown: :clap:

NIGE :wave: <ok>

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:Am not at all happy that it's not televised. Good job I'm nowhere near WSA , they would be hearing me.

the problem is no-one wants to watch Jono, so whoever meets him in the draw is likely to be put on a non-tv table - happens time and time again. Its a shame for Dotty who places a nice game himself. :wave:

Postby GJ

robbo gets plenty of tv games where as dotty is rarely on 1 when there are 4 games to pick from.

shows your comment up as BS

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Am not at all happy that it's not televised. Good job I'm nowhere near WSA , they would be hearing me.

the problem is no-one wants to watch Jono, so whoever meets him in the draw is likely to be put on a non-tv table - happens time and time again. Its a shame for Dotty who places a nice game himself. :wave:

like v dale on tuesday :hatoff:

dotty played cope in the carpark rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby GJ

Asked about Ronnie O'Sullivan's intention to return to to snooker at the World Championship, Higgins added: "It's good for the sport, it would have been crazy for him not to come back. Personally I couldn't care less what Ronnie will do."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:1 positive I dont have watch robbo missing his usual easy pots in china events

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good post. Robbo lacks the quality needed at this level. Dott will steamroller him and good riddance to bad rubbish. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good post. Robbo lacks the quality needed at this level. Dott will steamroller him and good riddance to bad rubbish. <ok>

and there we have it ladies and Gentleman.

as predictable as ever <ok>

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Robbo will be lucky to win more than two games.

lets hope we can be just as Lucky and limit you to only 2 Posts.

Postby GJ

On muppets bird

Again hopeless

She announces bingham has won then says higgins will play the winner of the match still going on between bingham and the CHINESE WILDCARD despite it being over :parrot:

Drury says after higgins match higgins won 5-2 and that higgins won the last 2 frames to win it <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Postby Wildey

another predictable thing around these parts is witz wading in a discussion and mentioning Robbo as jono

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

what gets me is World Snooker/Barry Hearn changed the UK to get all Matches televised so that we dont miss out on Great Matches and yet in China they dont give a stuff.

yeh the UK and format change was supposedly dictated to Hearn by the Beeb who then go and ditch their 2 red button 2 table interactive coverage anyway.

as it is though, going forward with the flat structure in the future, theres going to be a lot of big names not getting their matches screened.

Postby Witz78

hows this tinpot event going anyway? one man and his tea, sorry his dog in the "crowd" as usual i take it?

i wont catch any of it and to be honest, i reckon i wont catch any snooker until Ronnies game in 2 months now.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:On muppets bird

Again hopeless

She announces bingham has won then says higgins will play the winner of the match still going on between bingham and the CHINESE WILDCARD despite it being over :parrot:

Drury says after higgins match higgins won 5-2 and that higgins won the last 2 frames to win it <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

You will have no need to watch her again - once Robbo is put to the sword by the squeaky Scot.

Postby GJ

If it wasnt for foulds and Clive the ITV coverage would be a shambles

Douglas and Drury make blunder after blunder

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeh the UK and format change was supposedly dictated to Hearn by the Beeb who then go and ditch their 2 red button 2 table interactive coverage anyway.

as it is though, going forward with the flat structure in the future, theres going to be a lot of big names not getting their matches screened.

im excited how that would Work out TBH.

Will they be taking 128 players to WUXI?

i doubt it so the likes of Ding will be Qualifying in England....But with the Visa bullocks thats affected players over recent years will Ding get a Visa in time to play a Qualifier in England :|