Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Wild Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Apparently Ricky Walden beat Peter Ebdon 5-2 with Stephen Maguires Cue.

Ricky's Cue did not make the Journey on the same Flight

So, is there any news on this? Has Walden been reunited with his cue yet?

Yes. It arrived at the end of the match.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Chance of another Selby v Robbo match and more oppurtunities for Selby to get into Robbo's head if Robbo makes it then. <ok>

selby has his nemesis barry to deal with in round 2 first :parrot: :parrot: :gag: :gag: :gag:

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, its Nigel here from The Old Green Baize, hope you're well.

Below is a report to the first day's play at the Haikou World Open - please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/25/ ... -report-2/

Excited about this tournament - will be interesting to see who wins it this year. Maybe we'll have another different major ranking winner for the season! Variety seems to be the spice of life in snooker at the moment.

As I've said in the report tomorrow's action could be somewhat overshadowed by Ronnie O'Sullivan's announcement. Going to be a very interesting day that's for sure,

All the best,
Nigel

Postby GJ

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone, its Nigel here from The Old Green Baize, hope you're well.

Below is a report to the first day's play at the Haikou World Open - please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/25/ ... -report-2/

Excited about this tournament - will be interesting to see who wins it this year. Maybe we'll have another different major ranking winner for the season! Variety seems to be the spice of life in snooker at the moment.

As I've said in the report tomorrow's action could be somewhat overshadowed by Ronnie O'Sullivan's announcement. Going to be a very interesting day that's for sure,

All the best,
Nigel

Nige

<ok> :hatoff:

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:
GJ wrote:Any critiscism of jill douglas is unfair

I was sceptical but she did a good job on her first day

"sceptical",How on earth could you be sceptical!,she,s SCOTTISH!. ;-) :happy: <laugh>

i love the scots <ok> <ok> :parrot:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 26th of February

6.30am

Mark Allen v Ryan Day TV
Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould TV
Ian Burns v Saleh Muhammad
Andrew Higginson v Zhao Xintong

11.30am

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce TV
Neil Robertson v Dominic Dale TV
Matthew Stevens v David Gilbert
Graeme Dott v Jamie Cope

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Watching a bit of Allen and Day with my cornflakes. Not getting any taped today.

Work in a bit. :sad:

<laugh> rofl

I was gonna ask you what you were gonna eat for breakfast,thanks for already answering my question!. <laugh>

I put the telly on and just managed to see Day miss an easyish brown with the rest to the green bag,i then immediately thought to myself,"typical Day",if he had potted the brown,he would have most certainly gone 3-1 up at the MSI,but as usual he bottled it and ended up goin 2-2 into the MSI. :dizzy:

Days a good player,no doubt about it,he could be a very good player and go further in tourneys but he spoils the good play he produces by often bottling pots in key situations,missing too many easy pots and he often makes too many unforced errors.

Postby Simone

Interesting to see if Jamie Cope hits the form now. He has just fabolous game when he´s in-form, just hasn´t been that for years.

Fu looks awfully diffucult for Mark Williams since Fu plays really carefully when he´s amongs the balls, and Williams is always in danger to start rush with his long pot efforts when facing opponent like that. Not even great single ball potter Williams can afford to do that, that´s how diffucult ballgame snooker is and all the players are class acts amongs the balls.

Postby hendry_fan

*Mark Allen* 5 Ryan Day 2

Day does it again!. :roll:

No wonder he rarely gets good results,especially lately.
He once again missed too many pots,made too many silly mistakes,unforced errors and made the BIG mistake of lettin Allen get off the hook!.

He really SHOULD have gone 3-1 up into the MSI,but lets not get into that,he,s one of the many SHOULD HAVE,COULD HAVE players!.

It,s about makin n takin your chances and gettin over the line n winnin!.

Day had more than enough chances,but blew em!.