Post a reply

ITV 4 to Televise Haikou World Open

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.dk/2013/02 ... -open.html

The World Open will be broadcast by ITV4 in the UK, ITV's first ranking event snooker since the 1993 British Open.

In the intervening 20 years ITV has shown various invitation tournaments and, more recently, Power Snooker. But by broadcasting a full ranking event they are making a much greater commitment.

The World Open, which will still be broadcast by Eurosport, starts on February 25. ITV's commentary team comprises Clive Everton, Neal Foulds and Peter Drury.

Re: ITV 4 to Televise Haikou World Open

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.dk/2013/02/itv4-to-show-world-open.html

The World Open will be broadcast by ITV4 in the UK, ITV's first ranking event snooker since the 1993 British Open.

In the intervening 20 years ITV has shown various invitation tournaments and, more recently, Power Snooker. But by broadcasting a full ranking event they are making a much greater commitment.

The World Open, which will still be broadcast by Eurosport, starts on February 25. ITV's commentary team comprises Clive Everton, Neal Foulds and Peter Drury.

thats great news, my only gripe is Peter Drury who is a runt, apart from that good to have different broadcaster - lets see how dedicated they are - i.e. how many live hours they put into this one. :wave:

Postby Lucky

Id imagine pretty much full coverage as they did with the darts. To be honest theres pretty much buck all on ITV 4 at any time. They cant fill one channel, let alone 4!!!!

Postby Wildey

Lets hope its a Success.

no news yet on a Presenter but id imagine its Matt Smith that did the power snooker.

in the early 2000s when they covered the Nations Cup their snooker coverage made the BBC Look up to date hope they learned some lessons from that.

Postby Roland

It's great news that ITV4 are to screen this because it paves the way back to ITV1 for highlights shows and even live coverage if there's a particularly tasty tie.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's great news that ITV4 are to screen this because it paves the way back to ITV1 for highlights shows and even live coverage if there's a particularly tasty tie.

the problem is its going to be 6.30am and 11.30am sessions .

lets hope after this if there's poor viewing they stick with it.

live matches will be over before kids leave school or most from work.

Postby Casey

Not sure about that one Sonny, ITV4 are maybe trying to become a dedicated sports channel. With the digital switchover though, it’s accessible to everyone.

Postby Roland

Every other event they've covered on ITV4 has had a highlights programme but maybe that's when it's exclusively ITV4. Anyway, it's a huge step in the right direction. ITV4 is available to everyone without subscription.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's great news that ITV4 are to screen this because it paves the way back to ITV1 for highlights shows and even live coverage if there's a particularly tasty tie.

the problem is its going to be 6.30am and 11.30am sessions .

lets hope after this if there's poor viewing they stick with it.

live matches will be over before kids leave school or most from work.

That's something. I'm guessing they don't count people who record these and watch it later, like I tend to do for the chinese tournaments, towards their viewing figures, do they?

Postby Wildey

whatever they decide to do i hope to god its a success.

that's the only way British Snooker gets Back on it feet if there's Competition for Channels.

The BBC has had a dominance and they think they can call the shots and dictate things

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:Fantastic news, obviously.

And it's good to see Clive Everton and Neal Fould there. Proper commentators.

I don't know who Peter Drury is though.

Apparently he's a lovely man according to Smart

Postby GJ

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Every other event they've covered on ITV4 has had a highlights programme but maybe that's when it's exclusively ITV4. Anyway, it's a huge step in the right direction. ITV4 is available to everyone without subscription.

more important ITV4 shows the IPL :bowdown:

Postby Smart

can you please explain who is Neal Fould.........thank-you very much for helping me out in this regard. :wave:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:

can you please explain who is Neal Fould.........thank-you very much for helping me out in this regard. :wave:

i know a foulds who is known as a beta bloker king :wave:

never heard of neal fould though :roll: :?

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

steady steady - steadies your nerves :gag: :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

steady steady - steadies your nerves :gag: :hatoff:

rofl <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

:bird:

He is Neal Foulds little-known cousin.

Postby Wildey

janddk wrote:Is this really going to happen, or is it just a rumour?

There's nothing about it on the WS site.

nothing new there.

Everyone on the internet knew the draw for the International Championship a week before World Snooker published it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:nothing new there.

Everyone on the internet knew the draw for the International Championship a week before World Snooker published it.

That's why I tend to get a bollocking every time I post a thread relating to a news story that's just been published on the World Snooker website. It's been all over twitter for a fortnight beforehand. rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I wonder what type of rating this will get being that the World Open is on at unsocial hours.

Also, I wonder if they'll be putting adverts on mid-frame. :td:

yea i think that's a downside but hopefully it will be a success for day time audience and maybe next season the re introduction of a British Open with ITV Host Broadcast like they were in the 80s.