Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Easily the second best final of the season and best Welsh Open final I've seen, not that that's saying much.

It doesn't as there have been many better ones down the years.

Still, I am very very happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D that Mags won this final..

it's been a long time coming since he won his last ranker (2008 China open) 5 years, so yeah really proud that he managed to hold himself together there, and even more happy cause he won against Bingo :-D :-D :-D

Like skull said, I too hope that this long awaited ranker win inspires him to greater things in the future, but as some have said I don't think his game is suited to win the Worlds as he can be very inconsistent and if he were playing Selby, Ronnie, Higgins, for example, today I reckon he would have lost that match.

But anyway, all I can say is well done Stephen :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Now has to get that hand treated after those fistpumps on the table :-) :-) :-) But I reckon he'll have this night drinking Jack Daniels like he said :john: :-D <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: <ok> <ok> <ok> <ok> :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

Well done Stephen!,it,s been a lonnnng wait,the commentators said it,s been almost 5 years ago since his last ranking title,you,ve finaly managed to win another!.

Nice piece of Welsh slate to put along with your 4 other pieces of silverware!. <laugh>

:clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy:

Hard luck Stu,at least you got the consolation of havin one of the best clearences ever under pressure!. :-D

GENTLEMEN AND LADIES,YOU NOW MAY SALUTE TO THE BEST ANTHEM IN THE WORLD!.

http://youtu.be/NnKkN-DjXt8

:mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy:

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL TABLE

TOTAL Correct Score
201 JEWELL 27 - 15
177 SKULLMAN 24 - 12
169 KING.KAUTO 27 - 7
169 ANDRE147 26 - 9
156 PLTHEREF 24 - 9
154 GJ 24 - 7
153 EIRE09 25 - 7
144 SUNDAYGIRL 22 - 7
133 SMART 21 - 7
118 KOLOMPAR 17 - 4
104 THECLEAVER 16 - 6
98 KOSTASMAD 15 - 5

KINGKAUTO takes third spot from ANDRE with a record of 27 predictions to 26.

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, Nigel here from The Old Green Baize, hope you're all good.

What a great week in Newport! Great to see Stephen Maguire back lifting major silverware again after a fantastic final today.

Below is a link to a report I've done for my website - please feel free to take a look,

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/17/ ... pen-crown/

Just want to say a big thank you for the nice words and gestures I've received regarding the new website - much appreciated.

God knows what I'm going to do tomorrow lol.

All the best
Nigel.

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:Well done Stephen!,it,s been a lonnnng wait,the commentators said it,s been almost 5 years ago since his last ranking title,you,ve finaly managed to win another!.

Nice piece of Welsh slate to put along with your 4 other pieces of silverware!. <laugh>

:clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy: :clap: :happy:

Hard luck Stu,at least you got the consolation of havin one of the best clearences ever under pressure!. :-D

GENTLEMEN AND LADIES,YOU NOW MAY SALUTE TO THE BEST ANTHEM IN THE WORLD!.

http://youtu.be/NnKkN-DjXt8

:mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy: :mosh2: :happy:

:parrot: :D <laugh>

Postby Wildey

i know this is a bit pointless however world snooker does make a big fuss of it.

in 2011 Welsh Open Mark Selby reached the Semi Finals and Judd Trump lost in the Last 48.

This year Judd Trump reached the Semi Finals and Mark Selby loses in the last 32 so that means for the second time this season Judd Trump is World no 1.

Postby Casey

Well done to Trump. He will most likely have to win the WC to finish the season there, so that's a good target to aim for.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I justed watched the last 2 frames of the final.

Maguire said in the winner interview:

"The standard is so high these days, it just gets tougher and tougher to win tournaments."
"The World Championship is wide open this year, like always."
"I want to push on now."

Very interesting this interview, retrospectively.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I justed watched the last 2 frames of the final.

Maguire said in the winner interview:

"The standard is so high these days, it just gets tougher and tougher to win tournaments."
"The World Championship is wide open this year, like always."
"I want to push on now."

Very interesting this interview, retrospectively.

To be fair that was a good standard final and we a run of tournaments where the winner (and others) showed form, so for everyone to be so flat for the WC was a bit of a surprise.

Postby Roland

You could see it coming with Selby. It was frustrating watching him take part in everything and appear jaded in the build up to the Worlds. Still, at least he finally acknowledged he was over doing it and will manage his season better next time. On the whole it was very unfair to look at the standard during the Worlds and make out that's what it was like all season because we all know it wasn't at all. I'm speaking about the outside perceptions from the media of course, not the snooker fans who follow the sport year round.