Post a reply

Re: Betfair German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Thorne didn't do the Masters last year and no fuss was made and still commentated on the World Final so this Thorne love in is quite amusing.

witz was talking to the man himself who said he was unsure of he would be there

:gag:

Do you believe everything witz says?

50/50

Postby Witz78

Hendons basically a unfriendly version of PSB Matt

if Matt is Gismo then Hendon is Stripe !!

Hendon rams his opinions down everyones throats and basically its his way or no way. Matt, as informed as he is, throws things into the mix of debate and is happy to hear opposing views, as he accepts hes ultimately just a fan like the rest of us, whereas Hendon think hes on some god like status, elevated onto the pedestal of the new Voice of Snooker, where hes always right. Hes bordering on being a dictator and needs brought down a peg or two.

How i wish Alex Higgins or Hann was still on tour and he piped up and asked them a question in a press conference.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Hendons basically a unfriendly version of PSB Matt

Hendon rams his opinions down everyones throats and basically its his way or no way. Matt, as informed as he is, throws things into the mix of debate and is happy to hear opposing views, as he accepts hes ultimately just a fan like the rest of us, whereas Hendon think hes on some god like status, elevated onto the pedestal of the new Voice of Snooker, where hes always right. Hes bordering on being a dictator and needs brought down a peg or two.

How i wish Alex Higgins or Hann was still on tour and he piped up and asked them a question in a press conference.

witz <ok> <cool> :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:Hendons basically a unfriendly version of PSB Matt

Not seeing it. Guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

Postby GJ

What Witz is saying because hendon was clives apprentice he sees himself as the new voice of snooker so thats why hes a proper CDL

Postby Smart

@ Jewell (CDL)

MI strong squad, RCB nice garish kit and they have ABD in the team. Its such a hard decision. I want to back a team from the off and be sat in my kit for every game. I will sleep on it for a few weeks as I have time on my side, plus they will all prob release a new kit for the new season. Do you agree you runt ? :wave:

Postby hendry_fan

Witz78 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:So it,s Carter v Fu final then!,not many,if any would,ve thought that,but as we all know anything can happen in snooker.

Most were expecting Selby,Robbo,Trump to at least be in the final but even they are only human and no one can make finals everytime,even Davis,Hendry,Ronnie,Higgins,Williams did,nt reach every final in there hey days.

Don,t get me wrong,i think it,s brilliant that there are a lot more tourneys these days,i mean it could hardly get any worse could it!,but in sayin that,i personaly think there are too much,ok players can pick n choose the ones they want to participate in but they can,t really pick n choose,miss out on many,especially the lower ranking players otherwise there ranking position will obviously dramaticaly plunge.

Another disadvantage i see in havin so many tourneys is that it for sure leads to tiredness and can even lead to stress,it,s alright for some saying eg,yeah,but thats there job,of course it,s there job,but they are top professional sportsmen who put there fair share of work,practice into the game,any top player should,nt have to go through stress,i mean even though they put in the work/practice,they obviously have talent to go with it.

If snooker was such an easy game in which all one has to do is to practise for about 6,8 hours a day,then i,m sure way more would try and take it up as a profession,it takes bags of talent,lots of mental strength as well as hard work and practice.
This is why you can,t compare these guys to other guys who do there <normal> jobs,if u know what i mean.
Yes the money is better than any <normal> job,but these guys are stars,and you can only earn BIG money if your really good enough and often hit the latter stages in tourneys.

In certain other sports,they get paid faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more and snooker reguires just as much,if not,even more skill and requires bags of mental strength.

Snooker players deserve every penny they get,in fact,they,re under payed!.

Another point i,d like to make is,and i,m not tryin to use it as an excuse for when a player loses,but i think since there are so mannnnny tourneys now these days,many players think to themselves,if they eg play in the German Masters,of course they want to win,but if/when they lose even if it,s in the first round,they maybe think,ah well,it,s not that bad,i,ve lost,but next week or in 2 weeks time there,s the next tourney to play in,so they might not put in as much,or might not really give it there all.Whereas if they were,nt as much tourneys then the tendancy to really give there all,give it 100% would be for sure greater.

Just something that i was thinkin about lately,food for thought.

Have a good day all,the ones who,ll be watchin the final,enjoy it!. I,ll be out the whole day. :-)

thats a lame excuse for players not caring about dominating these days

in Davis and Hendrys era there were plenty of tournaments, many invitational albeit (especially in Davis's era) but they had a proper winners mentality, something no-one since has truly had

Correct me if i,m wrong but if you include the PTC,s,there are more tourneys these days than there were in the 80,s?!,.

It was food for thought anyway,but i agree,no one has dominated for a good while now or no-one is dominating at present mainly because no-one has the winner mentality,dedication like Davis and Hendry had.

Selby is the only one who at least has a bit of Davis and Hendrys winning mentality,it,s certainly one of the reasons why he,s the world nr.1 at present and why he,s reachin more 1/4,s/semis/finals than the rest of the crop.

All this so-called high standards thats spouted out "these days" is also no excuse for not being to win or go far in tourneys on a regular basis.
No-one expects,or no-one can reach the final in every tourney they play in,Even Davis and Hendry did,nt manage that,that would have truly been non-human if they did. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:where the heck is wild is he now officially under the thumb :gag: :roll: :?

Must be. I noticed he disappeared a few times during The Masters.

Knowing Wild, I'm surprised that he'd prioritise anything or anyone over snooker. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Gripping though this match is, it might defeat me. I am tired, and have the first day of a massively busy month at work tomorrow.

Lucky that Respecter Sir Skullman is online, keeping us updated where Wild is not. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:Out of all the commentators, I'd say Hendry is the worst. His monotone, Jocko accent does him no favours, in my opinion.

You think Hendry is the worst everything. <doh>

If you were drowning and you had a choice between Hendry saving your life and nobody saving your life, you still wouldn't pick Hendry.

rofl rofl rofl <ok> <ok> <ok> :wave: :wave: :wave:

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:Out of all the commentators, I'd say Hendry is the worst. His monotone, Jocko accent does him no favours, in my opinion.

You think Hendry is the worst everything. <doh>

If you were drowning and you had a choice between Hendry saving your life and nobody saving your life, you still wouldn't pick Hendry.

rofl rofl rofl <ok> <ok> <ok> :wave: :wave: :wave:

Can we test Snookerfan's theory?