Topic locked

Re: Betfair German Masters Quarter Final Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Marco first into the semis :hatoff:

Yeah, a 5-3 win over Stevens.

Carter too almost there, Selby and Hawk still 3-1, and Robbo and Murphy decider of course, Murphy first in, and judging by last 2 frames, Robbo might not get another shot.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:5-1 Hawkins.

Like I said, every good run has to end sometime.

It,s hardly surprising he lost,he seemed to be more intrested in what Robbo and Smurph were doin.
Every time the cam was on Selbs,he kept lookin towards them. <laugh>

Postby GJ

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ROBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Wildey

Friday 1st of February

7pm

Allister Carter 5-2 Michael Holt
Neil Robertson 5-4 Shaun Murphy
Marco Fu 5-3 Matthew Stevens
Barry Hawkins 5-1 Mark Selby

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
Skullman wrote:5-1 Hawkins.

Like I said, every good run has to end sometime.

It,s hardly surprising he lost,he seemed to be more intrested in what Robbo and Smurph were doin.
Every time the cam was on Selbs,he kept lookin towards them. <laugh>

Yeah,but Hawkins has been by far the player of the tourney, beating 2 top class opponents very convincingly 5-1, and so fully deserves to be in the semis.

Happy for Marco really, when he plays great he's a pleasure to watch and hopefully he''l beat Hawkins tomorrow.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Ah well another tinpot ranker for Jono that no-one else wants to win

funny you didnt call it TP when Ronnie beat his bunnies last year

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

Robbo v Fu would be a nice final for me, as Marco hasnt reached one for a long time (in ranker the UK final in 2008), but even Robbo v Hawkins should be good. If Carter beats Robbo... well... hope whoever comes through the other one beats him.. but won't care that much to be honest.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Robbo v Fu would be a nice final for me, as Marco hasnt reached one for a long time (in ranker the UK final in 2008), but even Robbo v Hawkins should be good. If Carter beats Robbo... well... hope whoever comes through the other one beats him.. but won't care that much to be honest.

I'm hoping for a Robbo vs Fu final. Two non-Brits in a final. In Germany. :mosh2:

Postby Roland

Main objective accomplished today for Selby: beat Ding. He looked knackered in the Hawkins match. In his recent blog he said:

Selby wrote:I don’t want to be one of those players known for picking and choosing what events I go in for. I love playing snooker for a living and that’s the way I want to stay.

I don't think anyone can argue against the fact Hawkins was fresher tonight. Selby is obviously building up to the Crucible and to be honest I think he should skip the China Open. Ding is a contender at the Crucible so today was a good result but it also highlighted that fatigue must be managed to ensure he goes into day 1 at the Crucible 100% fresh.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Main objective accomplished today for Selby: beat Ding. He looked knackered in the Hawkins match. In his recent blog he said:

Selby wrote:I don’t want to be one of those players known for picking and choosing what events I go in for. I love playing snooker for a living and that’s the way I want to stay.

I don't think anyone can argue against the fact Hawkins was fresher tonight. Selby is obviously building up to the Crucible and to be honest I think he should skip the China Open. Ding is a contender at the Crucible so today was a good result but it also highlighted that fatigue must be managed to ensure he goes into day 1 at the Crucible 100% fresh.

I agree.. if he wants to be fully fresh for it, then I reckon he should skip one event, but honestly I very much doubt he will cause from here on its all ranking events, no ptcs or whatever, so I don't think Mark will skip any of them.

Postby Skullman

Good thing Selby's not in the CL anymore. He has all of next week to rest. He's basically been going non-stop with EPTC6, Masters, CL, Shootout and now this. Hopefully the gap between the China Open and Worlds will be another rest time for him.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Robbo v Fu would be a nice final for me, as Marco hasnt reached one for a long time (in ranker the UK final in 2008), but even Robbo v Hawkins should be good. If Carter beats Robbo... well... hope whoever comes through the other one beats him.. but won't care that much to be honest.

I'm hoping for a Robbo vs Fu final. Two non-Brits in a final. In Germany. :mosh2:

yeah, like I said, that's the final I'm most looking for, and I reckon Fu would give him a match that's for sure.