Post a reply

German Masters Flat 128 System ???

Postby Wildey

I Believe the Tempodrom Berlin is big enough to play a Full 128 tournament in about 9 days easy.

For the first 5 days starting at 10am CET 4 Sessions 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm or Roll on Roll off Like they used to have for the Welsh Open quarter finals.

Saturday

10am

5 x Last 128

1pm

5 x Last 128

4pm

5 x Last 128

8pm

5 x Last 128

Sunday

10am

5 x Last 128

1pm

5 x Last 128

4pm

5 x Last 128

8pm

5 x Last 128

Monday

10am

5 x Last 128

1pm

5 x Last 128

4pm

5 x Last 128

8pm

5 x Last 128

Tuesday

10am

2 x Last 128
3 x Last 64

1pm

5 x Last 64

4pm

5 x Last 64

8pm

5 x Last 64

Wednesday

10am

5 x Last 64

1pm

5 x Last 64

4pm

4 x Last 64
1 x Last 32

8pm

5 x Last 32

Thursday

10am

5 x Last 32

3pm

5 x Last 32

8pm

4x Top Half Last 16

Friday

10am

4 x Bottom Half Last 16

3pm

Quarter Final 1
Quarter Final 2

8pm

Quarter Final 3
Quarter Final 4

Saturday

2pm

Semi Final 1

8pm

Semi Final 2

Sunday

2pm and 8pm

Final

in that Module there's 13 Session of Last 128 Matches so every player the organizers would want to carry forward ie the 10 from this seasons German Masters plus another 3 players will get a TV Match unlike this year where only 3 of the players Carried over will get a TV Match in the first round.

Re: German Masters Flat 128 System ???

Postby Witz78

yeh plus it means the tournament takes 9 days as opposed to A STANDARD tournament of 4 days of qualifying and 7 days at the venue freeing up 2 days on the calendar.

Just a case of finding a venue suitable for other tournaments or another venue in additon to the main venue for lesser games to be played at.

Im still a bit miffed people refer to the last 128 and last 64 as qualifiers, effectively the last 128 is now going to be Round 1 of the tournament.

As for the Tempodrome, they really could do with having the tv table near the crowd so some atmosphere comes across on tv, instead its stuck the furthest away from the crowd when its featuring the players theyd prob most want to see, bit of an own goal

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:yeh plus it means the tournament takes 9 days as opposed to A STANDARD tournament of 4 days of qualifying and 7 days at the venue freeing up 2 days on the calendar.

Just a case of finding a venue suitable for other tournaments or another venue in additon to the main venue for lesser games to be played at.

Im still a bit miffed people refer to the last 128 and last 64 as qualifiers, effectively the last 128 is now going to be Round 1 of the tournament.

As for the Tempodrome, they really could do with having the tv table near the crowd so some atmosphere comes across on tv, instead its stuck the furthest away from the crowd when its featuring the players theyd prob most want to see, bit of an own goal

Absolutely, at the end of the day, when the tv match is on, most of the time the crowd are actually clapping for shots on the other tables closesest to them than the actual tv table, so yeah it could really be a bit closer, and the atmosphere would be a bit different as you say.

Other than that, the venue is perfect for a flat 128 system like Wild says, so yeah maybe it could be one of the first places to try and see how it works.

Postby Wildey

Looking at some of the chinese venues they look massive im sure they could accommodate 5 even 6 tables instead of 4 with 2 TV Tables.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:Looking at some of the chinese venues they look massive im sure they could accommodate 5 even 6 tables instead of 4 with 2 TV Tables.

yep

the only argument i could see is from thos digging their heels in at keeping it British based who would argue that the costs for all 128 players to go to China would be too much but time to move on i say

Germany is a def no brainer though as its dirt cheap to get to, plus if bulk of players can go all over Europe for PTCs with little prize money, then they should have no qualms at going there for a full ranker.

As it is, i see the European PTCs turning into rankers now that its the money list, some will be worth more money than others due to promoters throwing extra cash at them

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Looking at some of the chinese venues they look massive im sure they could accommodate 5 even 6 tables instead of 4 with 2 TV Tables.

yep

the only argument i could see is from thos digging their heels in at keeping it British based who would argue that the costs for all 128 players to go to China would be too much but time to move on i say

Germany is a def no brainer though as its dirt cheap to get to, plus if bulk of players can go all over Europe for PTCs with little prize money, then they should have no qualms at going there for a full ranker.

As it is, i see the European PTCs turning into rankers now that its the money list, some will be worth more money than others due to promoters throwing extra cash at them

yup

but thats what they got to head for long term and ASAP as far as im concerned Because otherwise they will be holding matches over and thats not fair.

on TSF Earlier Ferret had heard that WS is in talks with taking Qualifiers back to Prestatyn if that's the case it has to be very short term

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Just looking at that I can see 78 Last 128 matches.

rofl

corrected

Postby PLtheRef

I cannot see this happening really. The game is trying to keep tournaments to a week maximum, the only exceptions being the big three and the International now being the longest events; purely because to keep to their present format, they could not schedule it quicker.

Another principle is that of the main ranking events is that players should earn their places at the tournaments - Even if its winning just one match. The five table format for the opening three days of the German Masters already leads to the suggestions that it's nothing more than a PTC with a best of 9 frame format; if you allowed all 128 to go to a venue direct, it would enhance that impression

128 is unrealistic but I wouldn't throw a 64 man final phase completely out of the question

Monday - 8 Last 64
Tuesday - 12 Last 64
Wednesday - 12 Last 64
Thursday - 12 Last 32
Friday - 4 Last 32 - Last 16
Saturday - Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals
Sunday - Final

If they did move to the two rounds on a Saturday I can see the Semis going back to nine or the QF's going to 11.

Postby Wildey

Last 128 played at a venue has to be the way forward you cant treat it as a qualifying round because as witz said its not qualifying.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild WC wrote:Last 128 played at a venue has to be the way forward you cant treat it as a qualifying round because as witz said its not qualifying.

How realistic is that? How do you conduct a true ranking event in seven days, playing the 9, 11 and 17 format for instance with the current structure of seven day Chinese events for example

I see where your coming from and indeed witz is in that the Last 64 is the second round of the tournament, not the second qualifier round but what point is there in having any sort of tour at all if when all is said and done you are essentially providing guarantees to players, and minimizing what they have to work for to achieve.

Postby GJ

Is there mileage in having it tennIS style ?

take out majors

there are 2 or 3 events running each week and you get some big names at each one