Topic locked

Re: Betfair German Masters Last 64 and Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Selby has his breakbuilding hat on today

Neil Robertson 4-0 Daniel Wells
John Higgins 2-2 Peter Lines
Stephen Maguire 3-1 Alan McManus
Mark Selby 4-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Stuart Bingham

Postby Wildey

believe you me this is how selby wants to play every match and get it over with ASAP but sometimes it doesn't happen so plan B,C,D will be played to win a match.

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:believe you me this is how selby wants to play every match and get it over with ASAP but sometimes it doesn't happen so plan B,C,D will be played to win a match.

and who doesnt want to hit big break after big break huh? but some have different plans B, C, and D... Selby's is efficient with those no doubt, but not that attractive as some other players plans B, C or D...

ha nevermind, I understand your point, and at the end of the day whats important is to win.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:believe you me this is how selby wants to play every match and get it over with ASAP but sometimes it doesn't happen so plan B,C,D will be played to win a match.

and who doesnt want to hit big break after big break huh? but some have different plans B, C, and D... Selby's is efficient with those no doubt, but not that attractive as some other players plans B, C or D...

ha nevermind, I understand your point, and at the end of the day whats important is to win.

but Selbys plan D is good enough to nutralise a player playing on top form like he did to beat Bingo from 5-1 down.

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

but Selbys plan D is good enough to nutralise a player playing on top form like he did to beat Bingo from 5-1 down.

yes i know that, thats why he deserves to be World Number 1 and UK and Masters champion.

Meanwhile, Selby clinches victory, 5-2.

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 5-0 Daniel Wells
John Higgins 2-2 Peter Lines
Stephen Maguire 3-1 Alan McManus
Mark Selby 5-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Stuart Bingham

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:What we've seen from Selby so far today IS his plan B, C or D. The grinding and stalling that he normally does is his plan A.

dont be a pin end all your life

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:What we've seen from Selby so far today IS his plan B, C or D. The grinding and stalling that he normally does is his plan A.

dont be a porcupine spike all your life

I can see your point there Jewell, cause more often than not in recent Selby's victories we see him grind down the games, but the thing is he does make the big breaks and tons still, and a proof of that was his amazing tons tally last season, and this one not too shabby either.

He's very very similar to Higgins in all aspects of the game, though at the moment I think Selby's safety department is on a slightly higher level than Higgins one.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:wild

who is robbo competing for tv match in next round ?

Michael Holt v Mark Williams

Neil Robertson v Michael Wasley
Marco Fu v Ricky Walden
Mark King v Stephen Maguire/Alan McManus
Mark Allen v Dominic Dale