Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:maybe i got a bit ahead of myself but I'm still shocked to see that one of the best players in the world is not able to beat Higgins even with a 7-2 lead in a best of 19 match.

Hunter beat Ronnie from 7-2 down in the masters a few years back.

Paul was 1–6, 2–7, 6–8 and 7–9 behind before he won

it happens and will happen again.

Postby vodkadiet

Congratulations to the best player in the world , John Higgins MBE, on winning his 25th ranking event title.

:piano: :guitar3: :accord: :drums:

Commiserations to that lad he played in the final(I have forgotten his name at present).

John Higgins:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:maybe i got a bit ahead of myself but I'm still shocked to see that one of the best players in the world is not able to beat Higgins even with a 7-2 lead in a best of 19 match.

I hope you didn't go out and put all your life savings on Higgins for the Crucible. You seemed so certain earlier on today.

you know I have been watching snooker since late 2006 and so I had to witness three times Higgins lifting that title. So I'm very used to see him win the wc every second year. Of course I don't think he'll certainly win it and but my gut feeling tells me exactly that.

Postby jojo

thanks i see it on the bbc website there are another seven ranking events before the world championship start and i think three are in the far east

i would rather higgins win one of these than the big ones so it not all bad although i would rather he didnt win at all

Postby PLtheRef

jojo wrote:i could never see hendry beating him 13-4 and dont forget higgins was in danger the match before that when the crowd interfered in his favour and michaela im a man tabb did little kitten all to help the chinaman

Will you stop insinuating that the only way Higgins wins any close game is when there is a referee who happens to be Scottish in charge.

Postby PLtheRef

jojo wrote:that was the only match to my knowledge that i made reference to show me where else i been saying the same thing

ha

It's a serious allegation, one which you have got not a shred of evidence for.

And IMO it don't do the forum any credit either.

Postby jojo

serious alleagation or not i stand by what i said

the crowd shouted out when the chinese player was down at his shot think it was the yellow

michaela said and did nothing that right she didnt even say quiet please

saying a member of the crowd shout out when the chinese player was on his shot and miss the pot and michaela tabb did nothing said nothing to the crowd is a fact it not an opinion or allegation

the chinese player look at michaela expecting her to say something she said nothing and there was an uneasy silence from the commentator think it was dennis taylor

im not saying michaela said nothing on purpose but she wrong to say nothing because it was bang out of order from the crowd i dont care which player involved

either she said nothing on purpose which would be a serious allegation or she didnt say anything by mistake which is still a mistake on her part and quite a big mistake for that matter

and i dont rate her much as a referee either if it isnt picking up wrong balls off the table or dropping a ball into the cluster of reds or letting out a shriek in the middle of professional duty or not telling the crowd they should be quiet when they shout out whislt a player on his shot if it not one thing then its another

ha

and another thing pal im allowed to have my own opinions just like anyone else and i wont be bullied into bottom licking anyone if i have an opinion that i dont rate michaela tabb as a top referee that my right and it shouldnt discredit the forum just because one member doesnt rate a referee

i was also going to say michaela not much to look at either but then that would be personal people like snookerfan are allowed to oogle her but nobody allowed to say she not much to look at

i see

ha

Postby PLtheRef

Opinion is fair enough! I'm not going to go around telling you what your opinion is because of course that's your view and your entitled to hold that view.

Personally I think that Michaela would certainly have got involved if it had gone on too far. Look at Davis v Strickland for an example back at the World Pool in 2003.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
jojo wrote:when is the next ranking tournament ?

late October, the international championship

Yep, can't wait. With Higgins' return to form and Ronnie also making his proper comeback, it's going to be a really fascinating tournament

Let's see if it is a proper comeback from Ronnie or if he does his antics again and goes out first round or something... happens many times when he plays in China...

Christ he may even pull out at the last minute from the event.. he has been warned though that if he does it again after signing up previously he will get fined or something... not that it will concern him though..

Just hope that Ronnie is in the right frame of mind when the tourney comes around

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yep, can't wait. With Higgins' return to form and Ronnie also making his proper comeback, it's going to be a really fascinating tournament

Let's see if it is a proper comeback from Ronnie or if he does his antics again and goes out first round or something... happens many times when he plays in China...

Christ he may even pull out at the last minute from the event.. he has been warned though that if he does it again after signing up previously he will get fined or something... not that it will concern him though..

Just hope that Ronnie is in the right frame of mind when the tourney comes around

Yes. I have no which Ronnie will turn up but I reckon he'll go there otherwise he wouldn't even entered it.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yes. I have no which Ronnie will turn up but I reckon he'll go there otherwise he wouldn't even entered it.

Yeah think so too... But like jojo said, he won't be too bothered with events in the far East... Doesn't matter, as long as he keeps winning them, it does not matter where the events are staged

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah think so too... But like jojo said, he won't be too bothered with events in the far East... Doesn't matter, as long as he keeps winning them, it does not matter where the events are staged

He usually only doesn't bother in the first round, should he get past that and play an opponent he respects, he'll do fine.

Postby PLtheRef

jojo wrote:im talking about ronnie having a decent chance to win the world championship or uk he wont give a flying donkey doo about events in the far east which is a big shame as that where four or five ranking events are this year

Indeed, even if at the cut offs he is outside the top 16 the fact that he is seeded number 2 won't be remotely false at all. He'll go into York with an expectation that he should do well in the UK. On top of this, Ronnie was the last person to win two matches in a Crucible defence too.

Postby Alex0paul

PLtheRef wrote:
jojo wrote:im talking about ronnie having a decent chance to win the world championship or uk he wont give a flying donkey doo about events in the far east which is a big shame as that where four or five ranking events are this year

Indeed, even if at the cut offs he is outside the top 16 the fact that he is seeded number 2 won't be remotely false at all. He'll go into York with an expectation that he should do well in the UK. On top of this, Ronnie was the last person to win two matches in a Crucible defence too.

Wasn't Murphy the last to win two matches in a Crucible defence?

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Ronnie couldn't be fussed to put pen to paper to play in the shanghai masters so talking about that Lasy big cat should be banned on this thread

Wild, give it a rest, will you. You're like a stuck record repeating the same thing over and over again.

It was Ronnie's prerogative to sign whatever contract he wanted to. But he has signed it now so let's all move on please.

Yeah absolutely, and why all this fuss about it anyway...?? Ronnie himself said right after he won his match against Carter in the Worlds that he wnated a 6 month break from the game, and he has done exactly that, so no surprises at all

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:There is big money on offer at the International Championships so Ronnie will be trying his best!

why ? i thought Ronnie wasent a money hussy and Just loved the Buzz.

Postby PLtheRef

Ronnie in 2002 was the last to reach one table.

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wasn't Murphy the last to win two matches in a Crucible defence?

That's quite a while when you think about it.