Topic locked

Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Wildey

Monday 17th~Sunday 23rd of September in Shanghai, China

23 Year Old Judd Trump playing in his 4th Ranking Final taking on 37 year old John Higgins playing in his 39th Ranking Final.

That sort of Contrast is what makes Snooker Different and exciting Having a Battle of generations.

Can Judd Take Revenge after he Lost to John in the 2011 World Final ?

DRAW

Final

7am and 12.30pm BST

John Higgins v Judd Trump

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters S Finals Discuss

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Higgins - Trump it is.

:-D :-D :-D Very happy with that.... Think Trump will have the better of him this time around

I think so too, but Higgins is the toughest possible opponent in a ranking final imaginable.

Yeah have to agree with that... the man never gives up, and when you think you have him under the cosh, he hunts you down like a Wild animal and more often than not destroys his opponent mentally..

Should be a cracking final that's for sure

Postby Skullman

kolompar wrote:

yeaah :happy: :happy:
and if they both keep playing well Selby can go down to number 3 :chin:

I'm sure such a lowly position will make Mark cry himself to sleep at night. :|

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Trump will take care of Higgins very easily.

You think so....?? <doh> <doh> <doh> He obviously won't.... The least frames I can see John win is 5, and that's telling something... I'm sure it will be a close one

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Whoever wins this match will become provisional WN1. I'll be missing some of the morning session, but mostly likely will see the business end of the match.

C'mon Honest John :D

And as far as the Eurosport schedule goes, YET AGAIN :grrr: they won't show the final live...

They only have some highlights sheduled at around 6.30 p.m or something... will have to rely on Fromsport or some CCTV channel...

Postby Andre147

Murphy on Twiiter: "Can't do much about things when John plays like that. Did well to win three frames"

yeah he's probably right... after the MSI, even though he did win one frame, he didn't have much of a chance.... had one in the last frame but couldn't take it.... Higgins played like he did 2 seasons ago

Postby kolompar

Skullman wrote:
kolompar wrote:

yeaah :happy: :happy:
and if they both keep playing well Selby can go down to number 3 :chin:

I'm sure such a lowly position will make Mark cry himself to sleep at night. :|

who knows? :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Murphy on Twiiter: "Can't do much about things when John plays like that. Did well to win three frames"

yeah he's probably right... after the MSI, even though he did win one frame, he didn't have much of a chance.... had one in the last frame but couldn't take it.... Higgins played like he did 2 seasons ago

Na that's a cop out

between bottling balls and pushing the boat out he handed john frames on a plate.

Postby hendry_fan

Just seen the semi final scoreline.

*John Higgins* 6-3 Shaun Murphy

I did,nt even see one shot get played,but after reading the postings here it seems that John certainly is the deserved winner even though Murphy did have chances!!.

Like him or not,you can,t take it away from the man,just when you think he,s startin to go downhill he starts to go back up it!. <laugh>

It,s as if he,s indeed been readin posts on our Snooker Island and some other negativ stuff in the papers,mags etc about him in general and it,s made him more determined to show us all that he,s not going downhill and that his time is up. :-D

If he looses to Judd tommorrow,of course it,ll be very disappointing for him,i mean who wants to lose a final after gettin that far!.
But if so,he still earnes every credit for gettin to a final after being stuck in a pit for a long time !. <ok>

I really like both John and Judd so i won,t be too disappointed who loses.

I slightly favour John to win it though.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:

You think so....?? <doh> <doh> <doh> He obviously won't.... The least frames I can see John win is 5, and that's telling something... I'm sure it will be a close one

May I apologise for having an opinion? I mistakenly thought this was a free country.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

May I apologise for having an opinion? I mistakenly thought this was a free country.

The internet isn't a country.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The internet isn't a country.

and its definitely is not for free

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:run of the ball was the main reason why higgins won their last ranking final whether people accept it or not that was the case

hopefully it even up a bit tomorrow and judd can win

no Judd inexperience and trying to hit balls as hard as he could that what cost him the match

Postby Sickpotter

jojo wrote:run of the ball was the main reason why higgins won their last ranking final whether people accept it or not that was the case

hopefully it even up a bit tomorrow and judd can win

Run of the ball? Yeah, John didn't play well and got lucky to win 18 frames....longest lucky run in history :roll:

Let's see......

Break building - while Judd is a great breakbuilder I give the edge Higgins whose breakbuilding is more controlled.

Safety - Higgins, no question

Temperment - This category is all about experience and confidence. Higgins with both experience and confidence, Judd primarily confidence of youth. Edge Higgins IMO.

Potting - When it's good it's great with Judd but when it's off he gives way too many chances......edge Judd if he's on, massive edge Higgins if he's off.

Desire - One never knows how desire will come into play. Does Judd want revenge? Who wants the title most? One would expect Judd to want some revenge but that mindset can be detrimental....or advantageous. Sometimes the desire to win a title can drive a player to excel, sometimes it can make them tighten up. I tend to think at this level desire brings out excellence though and expect Judd to have a little more than Higgins....that "young and hungry" thing and all ;-) Edge Judd.

IMO overall edge is to Higgins. If Judd doesn't show up in one of the areas that he's got an edge over Higgins he'll get beat handily, otherwise very close match, maybe 2 frames difference.

Should be a great final :mosh2:

Postby Wildey

theres no guarantee it will be a close match often ive seen players losing finals 9-3 and they played very well in the match but when both men playing well that could signal a rout

Postby jojo

on the sunday evening and monday afternoon sessions higgins did get run of the ball at crucial times it was ridiculous

what plank thinks higgins got lucky to win 18 frames ? if you want to put it like that then do the point i was making was run of the ball at key moments was what kept higgins in the match otherwise trump would have been out of sight long before higgins would have got to eighteen frames

now repeat that back to me

i want to make sure you understand

Postby PLtheRef

That this is a match over 19 frames I think will help Judd to be honest. The World Final of course was over this distance, and one that Judd hadn't contested before. Hence why he began to tire towards the end of the final. John remember won the second day by 11-5 to take an 18-15 victory. If that final had been played as best of 19 then Judd would have won, having led by 1o-7 at the end of Sunday's play.

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:on the sunday evening and monday afternoon sessions higgins did get run of the ball at crucial times it was ridiculous

what plank thinks higgins got lucky to win 18 frames ? if you want to put it like that then do the point i was making was run of the ball at key moments was what kept higgins in the match otherwise trump would have been out of sight long before higgins would have got to eighteen frames

now repeat that back to me

i want to make sure you understand

with respect your a bit biased Judd had some running too had he not had them the match wouldn't have been that close.

Postby Skullman

PLtheRef wrote:That this is a match over 19 frames I think will help Judd to be honest. The World Final of course was over this distance, and one that Judd hadn't contested before. Hence why he began to tire towards the end of the final. John remember won the second day by 11-5 to take an 18-15 victory. If that final had been played as best of 19 then Judd would have won, having led by 1o-7 at the end of Sunday's play.

Bo35 isn't much longer than bo33, which he handled fine. Higgins was much poorer on the first day.

Plus Judd doesn't seem to be playing as carefree as he did before. He started to wobble a bit near the end of his quarter and semi, although he did get over the line in the end for both.Higgins feeds on wobbles like that and only gets stronger. I think Higgins'll win.