Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby daraghj82

jojo wrote:all this talk about higgins winning the world and uk this season is not true

i can see a fair few players beating him in those it almost impossible to call who will lift those tournaments and dont forget ronnie is to come back when he did last year he won the german open and world championship in the space of a few months i make more of a case for ronnie being the man to beat this year in the majors he will be as fresh as a daisy people said he would lack match sharpness and he prove them wrong

i dont know who will win the world and uk this year it impossible to say but i would make ronnie favourite for each for two reasons he virtually own all but four players and he will be as fresh as a daisy

yep agree with you regards ronnie, the break will do him good and id expect him to seriously challenge for the both the uK and WC, he always does well at the masters

Postby Skullman

Didn't he not play in most events in 2010/11 and perform dismally for most of the season? Whereas last season he entered most of the PTCs and a lot of the rankers he when he wasn't 'sick' and won the Worlds?

Maybe the break won't do him that much good. He clearly can't just pick up a cue and expect to perform brilliantly as PTC3 showed.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Didn't he not play in most events in 2010/11 and perform dismally for most of the season? Whereas last season he entered most of the PTCs and a lot of the rankers he when he wasn't 'sick' and won the Worlds?

Maybe the break won't do him that much good. He clearly can't just pick up a cue and expect to perform brilliantly as PTC3 showed.

thats a good Point

His PTC Performances in which he won 2 and Runner up in another was the catalyst to his end of season World Triumph.

all this talk of Break keeps you fresh is a load of cobblers nothing Breeds confidence and form better than Playing and Winning.

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:Didn't he not play in most events in 2010/11 and perform dismally for most of the season? Whereas last season he entered most of the PTCs and a lot of the rankers he when he wasn't 'sick' and won the Worlds?

Good call Skullman, never looked at it like that before but you're right.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Well, he clearly wasn't bothered in PTC3. Ronnie, even at 10% capacity, should be dismissing players like Bedford, with all due respect to Bedford.

but that's basicly his PTC way of playing he does play with no pressure and cues at everything more often than not its just against bedford it didnt come off because he hadent played.

although i did not see his match with bedford i cant imagine Ronnie wanted to go to Gloucester 120 miles from essex and come home without even petrol money.

Postby Sickpotter

Jewell wrote:Well, he clearly wasn't bothered in PTC3. Ronnie, even at 10% capacity, should be dismissing players like Bedford, with all due respect to Bedford.

:roll:

That's not just disrespectful to Simon but to all pros.

Ronnie's great but at 10% he doesn't stand a chance against any ranked professional except one who turned up drunk with a broken arm.

Postby Roland

Wild WC wrote:

but that's basicly his PTC way of playing he does play with no pressure and cues at everything more often than not its just against bedford it didnt come off because he hadent played.

although i did not see his match with bedford i cant imagine Ronnie wanted to go to Gloucester 120 miles from essex and come home without even petrol money.

In PTC3 he had a policy of if it pots go for it no matter what, and if it's easy to get on the next ball think of a more difficult alternative. It was entertaining but at the same time showed Bedford no respect whatsoever and he deserved to get beat.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

In PTC3 he had a policy of if it pots go for it no matter what, and if it's easy to get on the next ball think of a more difficult alternative. It was entertaining but at the same time showed Bedford no respect whatsoever and he deserved to get beat.

over confident/arrogance/disrespecting.

i doubt he wanted to come all the way up there and try to lose as some ive seen posting has said.

Postby jojo

no doubt about it jimmy seemed messed up no doubt about it

he could barely string two words together without stuttering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM21esJp ... =endscreen

jimmy won the last two frames of that match on his own with big breaks each lasting just a few minutes it very stylish but they taken it off utube

i liked it when jimmy was like this in the eighties barely a care in the world and relied on his natural talent to produce magic others couldnt do

Postby Wildey

http://rocketronnie.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=17

had a read through this tripe

Andy if you come on here answer me something.

What the bucking hell are you two idiots on ?

if Ronnie unfortunately comes across that Forum dedicated to him i wouldn't be surprised if he took Dan the thick man to court for associating his name to such utter bucking crap.

Postby Sickpotter

Wild WC wrote:http://rocketronnie.net/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4494&start=17

if Ronnie unfortunately comes across that Forum dedicated to him i wouldn't be surprised if he took Dan the thick man to court for associating his name to such utter bucking crap.

rofl <doh>

It's good for a laugh, more clueless fanboys are hard to find.

I particularly liked that they have an issue with Higgins "waiting for a mistake and then clearing up". WTF do they think every snooker player does? <doh>

It boggles the mind that they believe coming back from 7-2 down to win 10-9 happens because of luck.... rofl

Postby Roland

:spot on:

Postby jojo

this daniel character make genuine snooker or ronnie fans look bad instead of bringing up what he say i would ignore him and his sort altogether

higgins has had his fair share of luck but so do most winners in their sports i wouldnt put his chinese win down to luck i donk think this daniel understand the art of snooker

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:this daniel character make genuine snooker or ronnie fans look bad instead of bringing up what he say i would ignore him and his sort altogether

higgins has had his fair share of luck but so do most winners in their sports i wouldnt put his chinese win down to luck i donk think this daniel understand the art of snooker

luck was not the issue the fact he dont get that unless you win the frames in one visit a counter attack is always on the card that dont make john the worst of the two that shows his bottle against the odds in coming back..

its always been the same since year dot but daniel is his warped wisdom thinks if you create the initial chance with a brilliant pot the frame is yours by right and the other guy has no right to try and win a frame from behind.

Postby Roland

jojo is right though, I brought it up mainly to demonstrate what can happen on the internet when clueless opinions run the day. In the days of 606 which was a pretty major sports forum there was a ridiculous amount of bull that was allowed to stand and the more people talked utter bull day after day and rammed it down everybodies throats, the more people who read it would start to think that's what was really happening.

The main thing from my point of view is that I set this forum up to try and get back on track and have somewhere with informed opinions. Obviously you can't control what people say, but suffice to say the likes of those in that topic will never be welcome here, and those newbies who come here and spout the sort of rubbish seen there will be banned.

Now it's time to move on.

Postby jojo

you dont get extra frames for winning a frame in one visit after making a long pot to get in

anyway higgins has more than four hundred career centuries third on the all time list so what this daniel is saying is purely epidemic because that stat alone tells you higgins has won his fair share of frames in one visit

his style is dull and not enjoyable to watch but there is a case for saying he is the best ever in the same way there is a case for hendry davis and o sullivan in the modern era

as tiger woods once said as long as you in the debate that all that matters not what some deluded fanboy who doesnt understand the art of snooker think

it people like him who give people like me a bad name because im not a fan of higgins

Postby Roland

His style is dull if you don't play the game I'd imagine. If you play the game you realise what an awesome cueist he is. It's all about the subtleties. I think it was the deciding frame against Judd where he kept trying to land on a red to move the red off side cush and hold for the pink. Things like that don't occur to us mere mortals when we're playing the game.

Postby Roland

Something like this. There was other more obvious and easy reds to play for but he made the previous shot harder in trying to get the white in that sort of area to give himself a chance to move the red he needed. I only realised after he played the shot and I was thinking "why did he play it like that?"

Postby Andre147

Yeah I agree... when Ronnie lacks match practice, more ogten than not he tends to lose in the earlier rounds of tournaments... although in that season it wasn't just the fact that he didn't play most vents, it was also the fact that his head wasn't in the right place that time.. I honestly just hope this season his head is right when the big tournaments com around

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:His style is dull if you don't play the game I'd imagine. If you play the game you realise what an awesome cueist he is. It's all about the subtleties. I think it was the deciding frame against Judd where he kept trying to land on a red to move the red off side cush and hold for the pink. Things like that don't occur to us mere mortals when we're playing the game.

ive never been a fan of his TBH and out of all the top players i do find him the least watchable that doesn't mean i dont appreciate what he does and how he plays but i find John Higgins matches needs another top player involved to make it interesting when hes playing well because he is so good.

During Hendrys 90s peak the only player i was weary about was John Higgins because he never gave you chances he played the Percentages a sort of more Devastating Davis.

with Ronnie and Williams you always Got chances.

Postby jojo

higgins style is dull his cue action is dull maybe because it so text book and his demeanour around the table is also dull it just a personal preference davis was also dull before him sometimes perfectionist means dull because it so robotic

that red was obvious i knew what he was trying to do straight away it glared out at me that the only red that was safe and it better to try and get the red out when theres more reds on the table that the art of breakbuilding playing the right shot at the right time if he missed getting the red off the cushion properly he still had three reds to go for whereas if he left it until the end he wouldnt have had any back up reds but it very easy when you watching on the tv a billion times more difficult when you playing

Postby Roland

Yeah true, he had to get it out but if I was playing I wouldn't have thought to try and get the white there from the position he was in before the first time he landed the white there, and he didn't land right so he played another red, second time when he actually moved the red he hit it too hard and nearly stuck it on the opposite side cushion but that was just bad execution, the idea was the thing. From the shot before he first played it, it wasn't the obvious shot. That's my point.

I dunno, I love watching him play and I love his cue action. The first time I saw him live I was awestruck. Sometimes when you see a player in action live something magic happens and he stuck out like a sore thumb for me. He hits the ball so well it's not true.

Postby PLtheRef

Sickpotter wrote:

What the little kittens playing hell are you two idiots on ?

if Ronnie unfortunately comes across that Forum dedicated to him i wouldn't be surprised if he took Dan the thick man to court for associating his name to such utter little kittens playing crap.

rofl <doh>

It's good for a laugh, more clueless fanboys are hard to find.

I particularly liked that they have an issue with Higgins "waiting for a mistake and then clearing up". WTF do they think every snooker player does? <doh>

It boggles the mind that they believe coming back from 7-2 down to win 10-9 happens because of luck.... rofl

Now you say that, there as a coin flipping world cup held at my secondary school when I was about 12 and I was 12-5 down in the Semi-Finals and won 16-15. <laugh>

Postby Monique

More probably Ronnie would tell him in extremely colourful ways what exactly he thinks about this nonsense. If this happens I will never forgive myself if I miss it and fail put the recording on my soundcloud. Ronnie might get fined for it but … I don't think many fans of the game would honestly blame him for it. even those who don't particularly like him.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

More probably Ronnie would tell him in extremely colourful ways what exactly he thinks about this nonsense. If this happens I will never forgive myself if I miss it and fail put the recording on my soundcloud. Ronnie might get fined for it but … I don't think many fans of the game would honestly blame him for it. even those who don't particularly like him.

im not proud of it but over the years Ronnie has had stick from me based on the likes of dan and that sort of extreme fanboy.

before i came online Ronnie was a real favourite of mine ok not my number 1 fave but i love watching him play and still do but over the years and people like dan has made me wanting Ronnie to lose just to snake hiss dan and his like off and i enjoyed it seeing dan go mental.

Postby Roland

There was no Hendry fans v Ronnie fans before that hammer appeared from nowhere and made every single topic on 606 about that particular subject. And that was about 5 years ago and he's still going on about it!

Same with me Wild, used to be a big fan of Ronnie but all of a sudden I'm somehow a "I am a twat" because I get sick and tired of seeing the likes of the troll talk so much rubbish about the game and the other players.

Postby Monique

Sickpotter wrote:All of us "I am some twats" are nothing more than realists who like snooker as a whole and won't lap up BS attempts to devalue other players accomplishments. <ok>

Yes, but as wild said, then sometimes you over-react, which I can perfectly understand - that person is the only one that we ever had to ban from Ronnie's forum because of his behaviour - and tar us all with the same brush, which is unfair to those Ronnie fans who are also fans of the game (and, yes, they exist).

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:All of us "I am some twats" are nothing more than realists who like snooker as a whole and won't lap up BS attempts to devalue other players accomplishments. <ok>

Yes, but as wild said, then sometimes you over-react, which I can perfectly understand - that person is the only one that we ever had to ban from Ronnie's forum because of his behaviour - and tar us all with the same brush, which is unfair to those Ronnie fans who are also fans of the game (and, yes, they exist).

Monique

i know they exist Beergitte is a Ronnie Fan hes probably the reason she is a snooker Fan today or one of the reasons anyway and there's a few others on here Like Smart,Snooker overdrive, Andre147 and of course yourself.

its just a shame some have been so dominant over the last few years that people couldn't just enjoy the artistry of Ronnie without the bull.