Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:What's to say about this final that isn't already blindingly obvious?

It's an obvious statement to say Judd is strong favourite. With the score being what it is, you could argue that this is an understatement.

There aren't many players that you'd feel as comfortable at pulling back this kind of score than John though. Though, again, pointing out it's a big ask is another pretty obvious statement.

It's one of those times where any kind of analysis seems unneccessary.

Just sit back and enjoy. How's your cold?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Break off, long red and on a baulk colour. Higgins looks up for this.

of course he is its a major final against a wiper snapper

its what its all about

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Just sit back and enjoy. How's your cold?

Alright, thanks for asking. Still there, but I won't die. :-)

Unfortunately am at my parents, and won't get to see any of this. Have really just snuck on to check out the score. It's a shame. It sounds like it's becoming a belter. Can Higgins make an unlikely comeback? :shock:

Postby Sickpotter

jojo wrote:sickpotter you will not grasp what im saying because you choose not to

who said luck even itself out over a best of thirty five frame match ? that wasnt the case here
higgins may or may not have made big breaks but he may have needed luck to get these opportunities instead of his opponent

but then again this is coming from someone who thinks hendry only say he had easier early round matches in his prime because he was so good and not because the standard of opposition wasnt as high as in later years that show people how deluded you can be so there is no point arguing with you

just interpret things the way you want like you normally do

ha

The luck factor in snooker is a non factor over long matches, that is a fact.

I said luck evens out over 35.....and many concur.

Higgins might have made the breaks but he needed luck to get it? How about his opponent lashed at a tough ball and gifted him his chances?

Sorry jojo, my opinions on Hendry have nothing to do with my opinion on luck in a best of 35 match.....Unless you think Hendry was also just "lucky" to win his titles.

Anyway, heck of a lucky comeback here from Higgins, let's see if his luck will hold out :john:

Postby Skullman

Alpha wrote:
Skullman wrote:4 in a row. :hatoff: John Higgins. Shown his class here.

You didn't think Higgins would lose 10-2 did you?

Thought it'd be 10-8 Judd. Now I'm not so sure. Higgins is just reeling off frames like he did against Smurph and JJ.

Postby hendry_fan

Bl**dy nora!!

John Higgins 6 Judd Trump 7 (MSI)

John wins 4 in a row to just trail by 1!!. :dizzy:

I,m speechless,thats the 2nd time this week!,thats a very rare occurence that hendry_fan is speechless!. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Just arrived to see that Higgins has come from 7-2 down after the first session to now level at 7 all with a maximum on his way....

Judd can still win this match, but has to get good breaks to regain his confidence... John at the moment is playing pretty well..

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:i can't believe this. even a five frames advantage is not good enough against John Higgins in a final. unbelievable

yeah absolutely... like i said in an earlier post yesterday, the man just never gives up.... he so often plays his best snooker when behind in matches..