Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters S Finals Discuss

Postby SnookerFan

This is impressive stuff from Judd. 5-1 now. If this was the first snooker match I'd ever watched, I think Mark Williams was some mug. Judd is just too hot for him at the moment. He'll easily win one frame before Mark wins five.

If Murphy gets through to the final, I pick Judd as favourite. I still remember the China Open semi in 2011. Judd was on top form, and Murphy folded like a deck of cards. For a player as accomplished as Murphy, he seemed petrified of Judd's form. I think Judd is close to that form, and eats Murphy for breakfast.

If Judd has to play Honest John, that's hard to pick. It's hard to pick against John in the latter stages of tournaments. He's played rubbish for a year, but it's John Higgins. His B-game wins tournaments. That would be a much harder match to pick.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:This is impressive stuff from Judd. 5-1 now. If this was the first snooker match I'd ever watched, I think Mark Williams was some mug. Judd is just too hot for him at the moment. He'll easily win one frame before Mark wins five.

If Murphy gets through to the final, I pick Judd as favourite. I still remember the China Open semi in 2011. Judd was on top form, and Murphy folded like a deck of cards. For a player as accomplished as Murphy, he seemed petrified of Judd's form. I think Judd is close to that form, and eats Murphy for breakfast.

If Judd has to play Honest John, that's hard to pick. It's hard to pick against John in the latter stages of tournaments. He's played donkey doo for a year, but it's John Higgins. His B-game wins tournaments. That would be a much harder match to pick.

You must be havin a field day today SnookerFan watchin Judd play good snooker and Michaela refereeing this match!.All you need now is a Big cup o tea and a few custard creams!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This is impressive stuff from Judd. 5-1 now. If this was the first snooker match I'd ever watched, I think Mark Williams was some mug. Judd is just too hot for him at the moment. He'll easily win one frame before Mark wins five.

If Judd has to play Honest John, that's hard to pick. It's hard to pick against John in the latter stages of tournaments. He's played donkey doo for a year, but it's John Higgins. His B-game wins tournaments. That would be a much harder match to pick.

You must be havin a field day today SnookerFan watchin Judd play good snooker and Michaela refereeing this match!.All you need now is a Big cup o tea and a few custard creams!. ;-) <laugh>

Well, I want Mark to win. Still, can't complain with this performance by Judd can you?

I didn't want to mention Michaela. Wild told me off for being predictable the other day. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

If Judd has to play Honest John, that's hard to pick. It's hard to pick against John in the latter stages of tournaments. He's played rubbish for a year, but it's John Higgins. His B-game wins tournaments. That would be a much harder match to pick.

Well, I think it's safe to say, that Judd victory was never in any doubt. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

One question... if Judd wins the final of this event, I think he surpasses Selby in the rankings and therefore becomes the new provisional World number 1 doesn't he?

According to the ever updated provisional rankings in Matt's blog, Judd is now on 70355 and Selby on 71140.... with another 1400 points to gain should Judd win the final, yeah I think he will dethrone Selby from the number 1 spot..

Postby Andre147

So, the 2nd semi about to start in 20 minutes.... Think it will also be a close affair, unless Shaun follows the same pattern he has recently done when he reaches the semis of rankers and folds like a pack of cards.... hope that doesn't happen here again...

Still, I will favour Murphy... Higgins is playing well yes, but really his opponents haven't put him under that much of pressure... the only time I saw the real Higgins from 2 seasons ago was when he came back after the MSI against Jones and played pretty flawless snooker to win 5-2...

But of course, you never know with Higgins....

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:One question... if Judd wins the final of this event, I think he surpasses Selby in the rankings and therefore becomes the new provisional World number 1 doesn't he?

According to the ever updated provisional rankings in Matt's blog, Judd is now on 70355 and Selby on 71140.... with another 1400 points to gain should Judd win the final, yeah I think he will dethrone Selby from the number 1 spot..

As long as he wins he takes the number one spot. If he loses then he's 785 points behind Selby

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:I could wake up as early to watch the first match from the mid session :-D that was a great match, and good to see Trump in the final
and this Murhpy-Higgins looks good too, already 3 breaks 50+ in two frames

Yeah, I also woke up early for that one... at 5-1 it looked like a real walkover for Judd, but Williams fought back well until 5-4... great match yeah..

Thhis one also looking like it could go the distance if both players continue to play well...