Topic locked

Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Q Finals Discussion

Postby Wildey

Monday 17th~Sunday 23rd of September in Shanghai, China

The Quarter Finals sees Allister Carter still flying high aswell as Stuart Bingham who was Runner up in Wuxi in Late June,4 Times World Champion John Higgins plus Twice World Champion Mark Williams is also still there.

its a quality Quarter final line up with 16 World Finals and 8 World Titles Between them in 15 years.

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Stuart Bingham v Shaun Murphy
John Higgins v Allister Carter
-------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Joe Perry
Graeme Dott v Judd Trump

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Q Finals Discuss

Postby Skullman

Am back. Looks like Day, Robbo and Mags had a stinker today. I'm guessing that MJW just had too much class for Ricky and same for Judd against Allen.

Also good to see Dott get a rare win over Lee and I'm hoping he gives Judd a good game aka win.

Postby hendry_fan

Just seen the last 16 scores!.

Mark Allen 2-5 *Judd Trump*

Well done Judd,keep up the good work!.

Stephen Lee 1-5 *Graeme Dott*

Great to see Dott get this far again in a proper ranking tourney,certainly has been due a good run!.

*John Higgins* 5-0 Ryan Day

Well,....maybe Higgins has been reading some of snooker island posts and thought,right,i,ll show that lot!. <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Just the saw MJW v Walden match. Although MJW played well, Ricky made far too many careless errors and might have even won without them. Ricky always seems to throw the odd careless shot in when he's looking good, which is why I think he hasn't done better in the game. Shame 'cos he's a really good player.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote: *John Higgins* 5-0 Ryan Day

Well,....maybe Higgins has been reading some of snooker island posts and thought,right,i,ll show that lot!. <laugh>

Glad to be of assistance :hatoff: Anyone other players need some motivational help?

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote: *John Higgins* 5-0 Ryan Day

Glad to be of assistance :hatoff: Anyone other players need some motivational help?

<laugh> Skullman <laugh>

Well i would,nt say motivation,if anything the current crop need help bein consistent cause at present and for a good while now there consistense has gone down the toilet!. <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

Great two see two of my favourites, Dott and Perry, still in. Haven't seen Dott but the way Trump has played he is very much beatable and I have a sneaking feeling Perry will beat Williams.

Postby hendry_fan

2 Scots still in this tourney!.

John Higgins v Allister Carter

Graeme Dott v Judd Trump

it,s been a while since i,ve said it,but,.......

,.......Come on john!.

and,as much as i like Trump,.........

,.......Come on Graeme!. :-D

Postby Wildey

John Higgins came out of the Blocks very Quickly with a Break of 103 and 69 and Leading 2-0 without Ali Carter scoring a single point but in a scrappy 3rd Frame Carter put his frame on the Board

Higgins 2-1 Carter

Joe Perry took the first frame with a Break of 72 But Williams took the next 2 Frames in Bits and Pieces and a Highest Break so far of 38

Williams 2-1 Perry

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams beats Joe Perry 5-4 to reach the Shanghai Masters semi Final Again and 2 Matches away from claiming the title that was almost his Last year.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Hey SnookerFan how are you feeling.? Better I hope!
No work today so I'm going to watch Judd vs Dotty from start to finish, I've only managed to catch the odd frame here and there so far.

Better, thanks. I am at work. My nose is running like a tap, so my Man-Flu hasn't quite gone. I was supposed to be meeting up with some lads from my boxing forum on Saturday in London to drink beer and watch Mitchell vs Burns. That's looking a bit unlikely now, unless I feel a lot better tomorrow.

But I'm not at death's door, I should be able to make our annual date in January. :D

Postby Roland

When does he ever look happy? In PTC3 he was ahead of Chen Zhe and Chen had a little flick on a baulk colour on the way back to the baulk cush for safety and the flick, which happens all the time in snooker, meant that Ali faced a slightly tougher shot than without the flick. You should've seen his face! Like thunder! Shaking his head and all the rest.

Mind you it would be less fun if he wasn't like that, remember him v Judd at the Crucible? Classic. Except it was ruined by Judd not getting that extra snooker in the last and clearing up. THAT would have been a classic face from Carter if it had happened!

I dunno. Whenever I watch Carter I just want the opponent get flukes against him!