Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Last 16 Discussi

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:this one is for snooky and Alex

Stephen Lee 0-4 Graeme Dott

Thanks mate but I am avidly watching live scoring and taking nothing for granted especially with Lee who has done Graeme so many times from a losing position. Graeme needs to stay focused.

im not bottom licking but id like to see graeme getting his hands on another major event...been a long time coming

Postby Monique

tonight matches pictures uploaded in http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss7/ ... 2012/Day4/

John Higgins press conference in short: Yesterday's performance was better than today's. Today I was very lucky that Ryan (Day) played badly. Ali is a great player and he wants to come back to the top 16 and win tournaments. Winning tournaments is also my aim this season so it will be a tough game. I'd love to make it to the one table setup this time.

Postby Wildey

Judd really needs to develop a softer Game he relies too heavy on accuracy when hitting balls this hard it costs him a lot of frames and ultimately Matches and Tournaments.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's his game though and why he's exciting to watch.

yea but he has to be so accurate all the time the older he gets the less accurate he will become.

very rarely its one chance snooker just because he does like to knock the spots off balls

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Dotty in contention for the shortest postmatch of the tournament. "I played OK but I need to improve to continue to win." … Other questions? Silence. And that was it. ;-)

being miserable runs in the family ;-)

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:Dotty in contention for the shortest postmatch of the tournament. "I played OK but I need to improve to continue to win." … Other questions? Silence. And that was it. ;-)

It's not Dott's fault though.. yes he didn't say much, but after it if the reporters didn't want to ask him anything else, he could do nothing about it...

It's no surprise that the longest postmatch conferences in China are from players who, in theory, Chinese people find more exciting to watch..

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:

yea but he has to be so accurate all the time the older he gets the less accurate he will become.

very rarely its one chance snooker just because he does like to knock the spots off balls

Yeah, the harder you with the balls, the more accurate you have to be, so in time Judd wil have to change his game a bit if he wants to continue to win titles... yes he is exciting when he plays like that, but even Ronnie changed his game a bit after having Reardon as his coach... Judd is still young, so has all the time in the world to improve

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:

being miserable runs in the family ;-)

:fart:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

It's not Dott's fault though.. yes he didn't say much, but after it if the reporters didn't want to ask him anything else, he could do nothing about it...

It's no surprise that the longest postmatch conferences in China are from players who, in theory, Chinese people find more exciting to watch..

we will wait for Mark Allens press conference "cant wait to get out of this rubbish hole i could smell the Chinese it was rank"

:redneck:

Postby Monique

Where did I say that it was Dotty's fault or that he was a misery? Nothing of the like. He was cheerful. The Chinese main "press officer" always starts with the same question "What is your assessment of your match?". Dotty answered that. He was concise and to the point.
His match wasn't on television so the journalists had at best seen snippets of it and had no questions. That's all that happened.
Some players like to talk a lot, without providing much information. Dotty is not like that and there is nothing wrong with his style.

Postby Monique

Judd's press conference here http://soundcloud.com/moniquelimbos/sm2012juddtrumpr2 .
I think it's a fair assessment and not at all the "rash player" some want to see in him.

Oh and … beware! very stupid question alert!

Shaun Murphy up for Dotty's challenge!
"I think I played OK. I think I was quite lucky at times and that Mark was quite unlucky. But that's how snooker goes sometimes. You have to take the good luck as well as the bad luck". End of postmatch. Dotty still the winner though ;-)

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Yeah, the harder you with the balls, the more accurate you have to be, so in time Judd wil have to change his game a bit if he wants to continue to win titles... yes he is exciting when he plays like that, but even Ronnie changed his game a bit after having Reardon as his coach... Judd is still young, so has all the time in the world to improve

IMO his tendency to hit balls hard brings into question the quality of his stroke.

Some players need to hit firm to get the cue through straight and simply can't deliver a good stroke at a slow pace.

I'm not convinced that's the case with Judd but time will tell. :chin: