Topic locked

The Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 17th~Sunday 23rd of September at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

The Shanghai Masters Sponsored by Bank of Communication is in it 6th year won previously by Dominic Dale,Ricky Walden,Ronnie O'Sullivan,Allister Carter and Last year By Mark Selby who became World no 1 after his success and has retained his position Ever Since.

John Higgins after Taking time out after his World Championship Defeat to the Retired Stephen Hendry will be looking to get his season and Career Back on Track after a Disappointing 16 Months for him, And after His Success in Australia Can Barry Hawkins continue the good form and Get his hands on his second Ranking Title ?

Ronnie O'Sullivan still missing but the field is full of quality players with a Last 32 clash of a repeat of the China Open Final Stephen Maguire vs Peter Ebdon.

and it will Be Steve Davis first Venue in china since the 2010 Shanghai Masters having Missed the Previous 5 Chinese Ranking Events.

Who Will Win this year ?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Mark King v Zhao Xintong
Jamie Jones v Lu Ning
Ryan Day v Wang Yuchan
Robert Milkins v Zhou Yuolong
-------------------------------------------------
Steve Davis v Zhu Yinghui
Fergal O'Brien v Chen Failong
Jimmy Robertson v Jin Long
Marco Fu v Lu Haotian

Last 32

Mark Selby v Jamie Cope
Stuart Bingham v Tom Ford
Ding Junhui v Mark King/Zhao Xintong
Shaun Murphy v Dominic Dale
John Higgins v Jamie Jones/Lu Ning
Martin Gould v Ryan Day/Wang Yuchan
Allister Carter v Robert Milkins/Zhou Yuolong
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon
-------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Mark Davis
Ricky Walden v Steve Davis/Zhu Yinghui
Matthew Stevens v Joe Perry
Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien/Chen Failong
Stephen Lee v Marcus Campbell
Graeme Dott v Jimmy Robertson/Jin Long
Mark Allen v Marco Fu/Lu Haotian
Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: The Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 17th of September

7.30am BST

Steve Davis v Zhu Yinghui TV Match
Marco Fu v Lu Haotian TV Match
Jamie Jones v Lu Ning
Robert Milkins v Zhou Yuolong

12.30pm BST

Mark Williams v Mark Davis TV Match
Matthew Stevens v Joe Perry TV Match
Ryan Day v Wang Yuchan
Mark King v Zhao Xintong

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Ill be in my new flat at university without eurosport! Will have to connect my computer to TV via a HD cable and put fromsport on. Or may even buy the europlayer, how much is that?

if i was you id Pay Liveworldsnooker.TV (better quality than eurosport player and cheaper) then it safeguards Streaming for yeaars then Watch Fromsport when they show Eurosport events.

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
randam05 wrote:Ill be in my new flat at university without eurosport! Will have to connect my computer to TV via a HD cable and put fromsport on. Or may even buy the europlayer, how much is that?

if i was you id Pay Liveworldsnooker.TV (better quality than eurosport player and cheaper) then it safeguards Streaming for yeaars then Watch Fromsport when they show Eurosport events.

fromsport = free <ok>

use fromsport, and tell WSA to stick their live.tv up their bottom :clap:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

fromsport = free <ok>

seriously mate how long would streaming last without WSA contract....

are fromsport going to sneak in with a little camcorder to stream qualifiers and PTC ?

Postby Witz78

Sod snooker mate when your at Uni, more important things to be doing with your balls and cue :evilgrin:

I kinda fell out of love with snooker during my Uni days, well i didnt really but just didnt have time to follow it properly plus it was back in dark ages so the BBC tournys were all i really knew of what was going on.

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

fromsport = free <ok>

are fromsport going to sneak in with a little camcorder to stream qualifiers and PTC ?

we always got live scoring to fall back on, and in relation to most of the games shown, live scoring is more entertaining <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

fromsport = free <ok>

we always got live scoring to fall back on, and in relation to most of the games shown, live scoring is more entertaining <ok>

NO you will only have Live Scoring......you might never see zanger play again bearing in mind no snooker at Gloucester either..

Postby hendry_fan

Hi all,......

Well,this is where it really counts doesn,t it,= a PROPER ranking tournament!.

Mark Williams v Mark Davis will be the most intrestin match tomorrow,Williams has gone down a gear lately whereas Davis has been continueing the best form of his life,it won,t surprise me one bit if he sends Williams back home after just gettin there!. :-D

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:Will be catching up as best I can after work each day, pot luck what match gets recorded from each session unless anyone has an idea what match will be shown on each channel?

They usually follow the same pattern... Eurosport International or British Eurosport for Uk tend to show the higher players in the rankings or the most popular ones, whereas Eurosport 2 tends to show the reverse.

In tomorrow's case, I reckon Eurosport will show the Davis match, and in the other session will obviously show the Willimas one. I could be wrong about the Davis match though, but they usually follow the same pattern as I said.

Postby Monique

Now I've got a first surprise. There aren't that many chinese photographers in the photographers area. In fact there are more videasts and guys with medium light cameras like those used to record streaming than photographers. Doesn't make the job any easier! They need more space than us, photographers and there isn't much space.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Now I've got a first surprise. There aren't that many chinese photographers in the photographers area. In fact there are more videasts and guys with medium light cameras like those used to record streaming than photographers. Doesn't make the job any easier! They need more space than us, photographers and there isn't much space.

how about the millions of spectators in the gallery watching pointless wild cards ?

Postby hendry_fan

Odrl wrote:I was hoping for Jones-Lu this morning, but fair enough. Lu Haotian has just made a lovely 112 clearance to win his first frame against Fu. ;-)

And i was hopin to see Ronnie O playin but the silly pumpkin once again is not takin part!. :dizzy: ;-) :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Not going to see any tonight, am going out. But good to see Steve Davis winning, even if it is only over a Wildcard. (Which aren't the guaranteed wins they used to be, of course.)

Was this televised? How did Zhu Yinghui play? Does he look one for the future? Was he overawed playing a legend?

Postby Monique

@wild

There is a decent crowd for Steve Davis and Marco Fu especially considering that the tickets are VERY expensive for the Chinese wages and this is an early afternoon, on a working day. I will post a picture if I manage. The connection here is iffy.
However what is impressive is the media presence. I will also post a picture if I manage. And all tables are filmed, both on the floor (so tables 3 and 4 must be streamed although I have no idea where, but there are also guys filming them from the photographers area. There must be about 75 photographers/Journalists/videasts here around and it's wilcards matches on a Monday afternoon. You don't get that at the Crucible on the Final day and by quite a margin.

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:@wild

There is a decent crowd for Steve Davis and Marco Fu especially considering that the tickets are VERY expensive for the Chinese wages and this is an early afternoon, on a working day. I will post a picture if I manage. The connection here is iffy.
However what is impressive is the media presence. I will also post a picture if I manage. And all tables are filmed, both on the floor (so tables 3 and 4 must be streamed although I have no idea where, but there are also guys filming them from the photographers area. There must be about 75 photographers/Journalists/videasts here around and it's wilcards matches on a Monday afternoon. You don't get that at the Crucible on the Final day and by quite a margin.

Good morning Monique,i hope your feelin better?.

I also hope you,re wearing a SNOOKER ISLAND t-shirt instead of an I LOVE RONNIE t-shirt!.?!. ;-)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:@wild

how much are tickets ?

Postby Wildey

Monday 17th of September

7.30am

Steve Davis 5-1 Zhu Yinghui
Marco Fu 4-5 Lu Haotian
Jamie Jones 5-2 Lu Ning
Robert Milkins 5-4 Zhou Yuelong

12.30pm

Mark Williams v Mark Davis TV
Matthew Stevens v Joe Perry TV
Ryan Day v Wang Yuchan
Mark King v Zhao Xintong