Topic locked

Re: The Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan ranked World Number 17

Yes, I'm pretty sure the four times and current world champion will be wishing he'd had the last two years that World Number 1 Selby has enjoyed. :chuckle:

who mentioned selby ?

buck me Ronnie fans are talking more about Hendry,Higgins and Selby than they do about Ronnie..

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the four times and current world champion will be wishing he'd had the last two years that World Number 1 Selby has enjoyed. :chuckle:

who mentioned selby ?

buck me Ronnie fans are talking more about Hendry,Higgins and Selby than they do about Ronnie..

rofl

It's funny because it's true. Ronnie fanboys get so upset that snooker players who aren't Ronnie dare to exist.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

who mentioned selby ?

rofl

It's funny because it's true. Ronnie fanboys get so upset that snooker players who aren't Ronnie dare to exist.

I had assumed people round here would be clever enough to realise the link to Selby without me mentioning it! Saying that Ronnie is number 17 is a reference to the ranking battle and who is the king of the rankings battle? Mark Selby. My post was simply referring to the irrelevance of this battle when it comes to real achievements in snooker, i.e. titles.

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
I had assumed people round here would be clever enough to realise the link to Selby without me mentioning it! Saying that Ronnie is number 17 is a reference to the ranking battle and who is the king of the rankings battle? Mark Selby. My post was simply referring to the irrelevance of this battle when it comes to real achievements in snooker, i.e. titles.

There was no link. Nobody mentioned Selby until you did, nor did anybody make any claims as to whom had achieved more.

It's sad when somebody is such a fanbody of a player they have to take shots at other players.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

There was no link. Nobody mentioned Selby until you did, nor did anybody make any claims as to whom had achieved more.

It's sad when somebody is such a fanbody of a player they have to take shots at other players.

Of course there is a link. We are talking about the rankings race, how best to illustrate my point about it than selecting the winner of that particular race. If we were to talk about the world championship in 1985 do you then think there would be no link to Dennis Taylor? Of course there would be a link to him.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Of course there is a link. We are talking about the rankings race, how best to illustrate my point about it than selecting the winner of that particular race. If we were to talk about the world championship in 1985 do you then think there would be no link to Dennis Taylor? Of course there would be a link to him.

theres no link between Ronnie losing a top 16 spot with selby.

the link was carter overtaking him.

Postby hendry_fan

Dear oh dear,...i,ve just heard Selbys interview!!,

Almost every time he,s interviewd he always has to mention how tough it is these days,how high the standards are these days!.yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!.

Mark,not just these days are as you say tough,of high standard,the 00,s and the 90,s were also tough,in fact the standard at present and of last has plunged!!!

You never even took part in the 90,s you silly dumpling,if you had played then,then you would have seen how good the standard was in those days!!!!

Stop grumbling like an old fogey!! :gramp: :td:

All this pathetic overhype how higggggggggggggggggggh the standards are theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!! <doh>

Postby Muppet147

Andy Spark wrote:

One day Selby will win a meaningful ranking tournament and then you'll be sorry you mocked him. I don't know when that day will be, of course. :-)

Postby Andy Spark

Wild WC wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

theres no link between Ronnie losing a top 16 spot with selby.

the link was carter overtaking him.

Overtaking him in a race that is irrelevant, as neatly illustrated by the lack of titles won by the winner of that race. You talk about "the link" as if there can only be one, as if your whole world consists of simple linear relationships. Let me introduce you to reality, things link up in different ways and it is that muliplicity of links which leads to sophisticated debate as well as humour.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Doesn't matter how clever you try to be words Andy, fact is you and no one else brought up Selby when the comment was about Ronnie being ranked 17.

I don't think you understood. If you were talking about the 1985 World Championship, you'd mention Dennis Taylor.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Doesn't matter how clever you try to be words Andy, fact is you and no one else brought up Selby when the comment was about Ronnie being ranked 17.

Yeah I agree Sonny, I'm also a Ronnie fan, but yeah there is absolutely no link between Ronnie being ranked 17th in the World and Selby.

Ronnie is ranked 17th purely because he hasn't entered enough tournaments, and when he has (like the last ptc) he has played very poor.

Don't think Ronnie will be too concerned if he has to play qualifiers... in a qay, it will be a challenge to him

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah I agree Sonny, I'm also a Ronnie fan, but yeah there is absolutely no link between Ronnie being ranked 17th in the World and Selby.

Ronnie is ranked 17th purely because he hasn't entered enough tournaments, and when he has (like the last ptc) he has played very poor.

Don't think Ronnie will be too concerned if he has to play qualifiers... in a qay, it will be a challenge to him

The solution is simple for Ronnie. Just keep winning the World title and the rankings wil mean donkey doo.

Wish it were that easy Jewel...

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:He doesn't have many to defend at next cut off. Problem is, he's not really got a chance to defend them anyway!
http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/ ... ision-two/

Sure it won't be long before he's back safely in the top 8.

But to get there he has to start and play well again like in Germany and the Worlds last season, and not play donkey doo like in last ptc...

But honestly am not too bothered about thta, just hope he raises his game for the majors... he could really do with a run in the International Open...

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The solution is simple for Ronnie. Just keep winning the World title and the rankings wil mean donkey doo.

by my estimation if hes lucky he might win it again in 2016

Postby Roland

It's pretty obvious he didn't really care about the PTC but he'll be trying in the UK for sure. Anyway it's a 2 year list and he missed loads of events a couple of seasons ago so he'll be back in the black rankingswise come the period after the next cut off. It's the 2014 German Masters and Worlds that he'll have to defend the big points, but they're moving to the cursed moneylist around then anyway.

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

by my estimation if hes lucky he might win it again in 2016

following the same pattern he has done for his last 2 World Triumphs then yes... but by 2016 he'll be 41 and he won't be playing at this standard I'm fairly certain... At most, he'll have to win another this season or the season after... But of course, with Ronnie everything is possible...

Postby Andy Spark

You think my posts are the result of me trying to be clever with words? You find me verbose? The fact is I often simplify my words just to try to get my points across more succinctly, well you have to round here! If I was to try to be clever with words few people round here would understand what on earth I was talking about, so I apologise for the meagreness of my vocabulary, believe me you haven't seen my true technicoloured verbosity, my potential linguistic unwieldiness has remained firmly under wraps for the duration of this entirely fatuous semantic debate.

I would continue this "debate" but I'm completely bored with it now. :zzz:

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:

You think my posts are the result of me trying to be clever with words? You find me verbose? The fact is I often simplify my words just to try to get my points across more succinctly, well you have to round here! If I was to try to be clever with words few people round here would understand what on earth I was talking about, so I apologise for the meagreness of my vocabulary, believe me you haven't seen my true technicoloured verbosity, my potential linguistic unwieldiness has remained firmly under wraps for the duration of this entirely fatuous semantic debate.

I would continue this "debate" but I'm completely bored with it now. :zzz:

mate what you and the sausage head admin at that other unfortunate forum that has only 3 posters know about snooker really is not worth knowing.

you couldn't be clever with words but if you want to give it a go lets try these for starter

you are a stupid bucking hammer now dissect those words you moron.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:For bucks sake, Wild. You really know how to lower the tone, don't you? There was no need for that.

every need he thinks hes some sort of expert on the word game well there he goes he gets some of my words to think over.

Postby Andy Spark

Wild WC wrote:you are a stupid bucking hammer now dissect those words you moron.

Well, I've dissected it and as a bonus I've rated it. Intellectually it rates about zero out of ten, but I think the intention was to go for the scatological angle and for the swearing I'll rate it one out of ten...but I must say you score over a poster who can't swear at all. If a poster comes along who hasn't heard of the word "buck" or "hammer" then I would have no hesitation in recommending they take scatology lessons from you.