Topic locked

Re: The Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:

Good morning Monique,i hope your feelin better?.

I also hope you,re wearing a SNOOKER ISLAND t-shirt instead of an I LOVE RONNIE t-shirt!.?!. ;-)

No wonder Ronnie thought twice about playing this season. That photographer that keeps running around asking to marry him was getting an annoyance.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Will somebody tell that useless hammer Hallet the definition of a cross double.

yea that goes on my nerves aswell

he calls everything a cross double just because the balls cross from one side of the table to another.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Not going to see any tonight, am going out. But good to see Steve Davis winning, even if it is only over a Wildcard. (Which aren't the guaranteed wins they used to be, of course.)

Was this televised? How did Zhu Yinghui play? Does he look one for the future? Was he overawed playing a legend?

:shrug:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 18th of September

7.30am

Mark Selby v Jamie Cope TV
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon TV
Fergal O'Brien v Chen Feilong
Jimmy Robertson v Jin Long

12.30pm

Ding Junhui v Mark King TV
Shaun Murphy v Dominic Dale TV
Mark Allen v Lu Haotian
Allister Carter v Robert Milkins

Postby king.kauto

kolompar wrote:Williams won 5-1, played well.. just like last year <ok>

Yeah he looked good for once! Hes always done well in the far east as well.
Managed to get 14/1 on him midway through that match, so hope he can contine on form.

Postby hendry_fan

A lot of funny postings today!. :chuckle: <cool>

Mark Williams 5-1 Mark Davis

Williams beats Davis 5 frames to 1!,how on earth did he manage that!,maybe he,s been doin less "twittering" and has spent more time on the practice table. ;-) <laugh>

Marco Fu 4-5 Lu Haotian

First shock of the tourney!. :dizzy:

Postby Skullman

Everything went as expected today, with the exception of Fu. Accidentally deleted it, so can anyone tell me whether Fu had a shocker or was Lu just really good?

Also :hatoff: MJW. Beat a very dangerous opponent, who's full of confidence, with ease. Could be back to how he was at the beginning of last season.

Edit: Just saw frame four of MJW vs Davis. What a clearance :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Watching it now, unfortunately Fu seems to be rattled just like was likely to happen after the way he lost the PTC final missing blacks off the spot. He doesn't look very confident. Lu impressed last time he was a wildcard and from what I've seen he's good for a 14 year old obviously. I saw heavy praise from him on Twitter saying he's the most talented player since Ronnie. I don't see that he's better than Luca. I could be wrong but for me Luca is the special one of this generation.

Postby Roland

But then again, that was a superb break in the decider. I wondered why he turned down a sitter over the middle in favour of a stretchy one for black but soon realised he was eyeing a maximum. The confidence of youth in a deciding frame!

Postby markj147

Yet I felt he he could have played for the black off the last red which won him the frame instead of dropping on the green. Strange. I thought he would have pushed the boat out there. Good kid to watch. I think Luca is a better more fluent player at the same age from the video I have seen.

Postby Skullman

Probably be back tomorrow after all the matches have finished so c'mon Selby :D Cope shouldn't be any trouble for him.

Also good luck to Lu. Would laugh if he beat Allen as well, especially Allen's press conference. Let's see how good that media training was...

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Was awake all night with a sore throat. Called in sick this morning, and am camped up watching with some Strepsils.

Cope pulls ahead. Can he bottle it before my man-flu makes me fall asleep?

wimp :limp: